UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Comment on something from earlier in this thread, a couple of pages back:
    This was in response to DaveC's comment that even trained pilots can make mistakes. All that would be required to refute the silly claim that trained pilots never make mistakes would be one example of such a pilot making a mistake. It beggars belief that MR would not be aware of at least one instance of a military pilot making a mistake.

As to the demand to provide evidence that multiple trained pilots made errors etc. in the case of Fravor's tic tac or whatever, I don't believe anybody has made that assertion, so there is no onus to support any such assertion with evidence.

Besides that, we know that errors have been made in interpreting FLIR videos. We have already discussed that at some length in this thread. We also know - and MR is aware - that there are no available radar records of that incident; hence, there is no reason to believe that 2nd-hand reports of what the radar did or did not show are reliable.

Clearly, either MR is stupid, or he was trying to troll DaveC, there. MR ought to wise up, or stop trolling.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Dang it. The other day an article popped up on my Google feed about a video in which a UAP was spotted.
    Now I can't find the article.

The video was from the POV of a UAV that was surveilling the other UAV. You can quite clearly recognize the UAV being surveilled in the foreground when a UAP zips by behind it. Anybody seen hide or hair of this video?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL @ James digging up old posts to flame me over. Such an exemplary moderator..

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  8. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

The two "captured or sighted by drone" vids I found on YouTube for the opening week of June are surely not it (i.e., they're pretty lame UAPs).

Here's a different aggregator list of the UFO articles that have appeared over the past week and last month:
    https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/World News/UFOs

_

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It wasn't the target of the surveillance that was interesting, it was the object that flew by in the background. It looked for all the world like a UAP both in visible range and when enhanced, but was afterward positively identified as a commercial jet.

10. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Sounds nostalgic, what many UFOs probably were back in the old days (whether daytime or night). Before drones themselves and their lighted swarms started hogging in.

The future of night light shows: Did they file a waiver?
    [/url]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

1 week and 3 days old, as it happens.

I've been busy with other things, and have been catching up here. You know: life etc.

Rather than trying to ad hominem me, you could try to do better in future. Stop trolling. You're skating on thin ice again. How many warning points do you have now? Ah, only 50. Some expired. Is this why you're pushing the envelope again with your trolling and nonsense?

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"The Pentagon shared video of two unidentified flying objects. The first has an apparent wake as it moves. Sean Kirkpatrick, AARO director, said the office assessed that it is likely a commercial aircraft and the trail is essentially a shadow image. The second UFO: A military drone in the Middle East captured an apparent silver, orb-like object that crosses the sensor’s field of view in a video taken on July 12, 2022. The object remains unidentified, the DoD said."

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Do you have anything from SETI?

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yes, this is the one. It is surprising how much it looks like so many other recordings of UAPs.
    I saw it in the context of an article, and the article had a little more description than the blurb under this Youtube video.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It certainly looked like an oblong UAP at first. But as they zoomed in on it I could see the outline of wings and a tail rudder.

16. foghorn Valued Senior Member

It was over a month ago Sean Kirkpatrick explained this as an ''aircraft''.
    This was talked about at the Senate committee meeting (last April) attended by Sean Kirkpatrick.
    The video of the meeting and Kirkpatrick explaining it below.
    See for yourself their stopping of the clip and zooming up the image to show the ''aircraft.''
    Kirkpatrick starts explaining from time mark 20:16.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

FLIR video of a uap captured off the coast of Aguadilla Puerto Rico from a customs/border patrol plane. Analysis of uap indicates a spherical object of about 104 degrees in temp and about 5 ft in diameter. No indication of heat exhaust. Object flying against an 18mph wind, so not a balloon. Object skims the surface of the water and appears to split into two objects! Seems to be another example of the spherical uaps mentioned by AARO director Sean Kirkpatrick at the latest NASA UAP meeting. See what you think..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

All those properties are consistent with a pair of flying birds. Did they make an effort to rule out a pair of flying birds?

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

They ruled out a bird or birds by comparing it to the FLIR camera signature of a bird or birds and it doesn't match.

Here's a FLIR video of flying birds. The UAP looks nothing like them..

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Did they? Or are you simply assuming that?

This looks nothing like a commercial aircraft:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and yet it's been concluded that that's likely what it is.

Because sensor contacts don't always look like what they are, and responsible investigations don't rule out likely explanations based only on what it "looks like".

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I wonder what the approximate average temperature of a goose is?

"Like us, birds are warm blooded, which means their bodies maintain a constant temperature, often around 106 degrees Fahrenheit."
    https://www.reconnectwithnature.org...-curiosity-why-dont-birds-feet-freeze-winter/

I wonder what the approximate size of a goose is?

"Canada geese range from 75 to 110 cm (30 to 43 in) in length and have a 127–185 cm (50–73 in) wingspan."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_goose

I wonder how fast geese fly?

"Cruising speeds are about thirty miles per hour..."

http://www.thegoosebuster.com/page3/index.html#:~:text=With a wing span of,as sixty miles per hour.

I wonder if geese are seen around Puerto Rico?

Yes. Rarely. Might be a surprise to a Puerto Rican pilot.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    James R likes this.
  22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Signature doesn't match that of bird. If you'd look at the video you'd see that. The uap is spherical and has no flapping wings as we see in the FLIR bird video.

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

"Signature" doesn't match that of a plane.

It's almost like things look different under different conditions.