UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Space aliens shouldn’t be the default position when people see flying objects that seem unusual. I’d like to think there are extraordinary
    Why isn't the general public being made aware of these reports, if they're coming from credible witnesses? This would help kickstart thoughtful discussions in mainstream media that to me, would be a worthwhile venture.

As an aside, I can't help but wonder if some of these UAP's will remain ''unidentified'' to the general public, perhaps for safety reasons - maybe these crafts are some type of advanced military technology that is being tested - whether that be the US military, or another country. This would seem ''extraordinary'' to me, even though it would mean these UAP's have mundane origins. Mundane doesn't have to mean birds, weather balloons, and the like.

The default position shouldn't be - if we can't identify these crafts, then we need to start considering the possibility that it's space aliens. To me, there are more realistic options to explore (like my example above), before going that route. Do we presume that only space aliens are capable of this type of advanced technology, and that the general public is privy to everything the government is doing behind closed doors?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'd believe that the governments around the globe know more than we do about these UAP's than they're sharing, than these crafts coming from ''other worlds.''

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"By the time Project Blue Book ended, it had collected 12,618 UFO reports, and concluded that most of them were misidentifications of natural phenomena (clouds, stars, etc.) or conventional aircraft. According to the National Reconnaissance Office a number of the reports could be explained by flights of the formerly secret reconnaissance planes U-2 and A-12.[2] 701 reports were classified as unexplained, even after stringent analysis.[3] The UFO reports were archived and are available under the Freedom of Information Act, but names and other personal information of all witnesses have been redacted."--- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Book

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Correct. This hypothesis was not accepted until the evidence for it overwhelmed the evidence for all other hypotheses.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The evidence may be abundant and clear, but the event of the Big Bang itself is no less amazing and incredible. It is counterintuitive to everything our experience shows us, that something so large and real can emerge from nothingness. Before time and space itself. Without laws of physics or causation. It just happened. That to me is the limit of credibility. If that can happen, then anything is possible.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What I meant was, it’s not really part of any mainstream media conversation in terms of being considered worthy of regular news stories. All of these investigations seem to happen behind the scenes, and are posted for the general public to review but that’s not the same thing as bringing up the concept of UAP’s and having sincere discussions about them, even just once per week on any of the major news networks.

Before someone posts “well, there’s nothing to discuss,” the conversation doesn’t need to be about anything having to do with space aliens, but it would perhaps pique the interest (conceptually) of the general public when it comes to UAP’s and how these investigations are conducted. Even though these UAP’s have been identified, it still would be worth talking about.

That’s how I see it, anyways. This thread is the most sincere discussion I’ve ever seen when it comes to UAP’s, tbh.

Magical Realist likes this.
  9. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure you're using "incredible" correctly, in that, given the preponderance of evidence, it is rather easy to believe it.

Also, "amazing" has a number of uses, one of which is to express surprise (e.g. at the revelation of a hitherto unknown), but another is to express wonderment. The two are different meanings and one needs to be careful about equivocating. E.g. when I said that I would be more amazed that it was alien tech than someone lying, this was the former of the two uses I have noted. However, the Big Bang being amazing is more the latter use of the word.
    Not true, unfortunately. We are bound by the physical laws of the universe that was created at the Big Bang. It is impossible to defy those laws.
    Further, there is a vast difference between "possible" and "probable". The whole debate about the origin of UAPs and what one believes about them should be a matter of probability, not mere possibility. It is entirely possible that I win the Lottery jackpot. Do I believe I will win? No, because the probability is so low.
    It is entirely possible that aliens have visited Earth in the past. Probable? I don't think it is remotely probable, given the evidence available.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Sure but you are describing emotional wonderment. It's not much to do with the topic of analysis of UAPs.

11. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I think maybe it's better to think of the BB in more generalized terms. At a minimum, 13.8 billion years ago, there was a phrase change. The Universe was very hot and has been getting cooler ever since and it has been expanding ever since.

The beginning of our Universe could have been caused by the ending of another Universe. The BB itself doesn't imply that nothing came before. There is no need to get into the unknown details of what caused the BB or what, if anything, came before. There was a phase change 13.8 billion years ago.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“The feeling of awed wonder that science can give us is one of the highest experiences of which the human psyche is capable.”---Richard Dawkins

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Certainly.

But let's not get that confused with actual analysis, which is the topic of this thread.

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Getting confused is the topic of this thread.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Most of the UFOs are small.
    I dont think someone would like to travel in such small "space"-ship (unless they would be very small too).
    So. It is much more likely that this kind of vehicle permit short travels, probably restricted to the solar system.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Maybe they are AI controlled unmanned probes from another planet. Maybe they are AI from our own future, after humans have gone extinct.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  17. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Yes from an other planet (planet 9, X ?), not from an other stellar system.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets_beyond_Neptune

You can not travel from Africa to America with a canoe, here we have the same problem (IA or not, the ship is too small to travel inside the galaxy).
    IA ? Why not, but if you think about the "men in black" that some observers have encountered, they are not IAs, only some hypnotic suggestion of "??" (automated, so they always appear to be the same because they are well suited (accepted) to human brain, in my opinion).

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

The small ships come from a cloaked mother (birthing parent

) out there

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I sometimes suspect ufos teleport over long galactic distances by traveling thru wormholes, warping spacetime into tunnels that can be traversed in literally no time. Is there anything in physics that might keep that from happening?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  20. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Wormholes or warping spacetimes are almost certainly only fairy tales due to the confusion between mathematic and physical reality.
    There are probably no tunnels.

This misunderstanding is due to the epistemological crisis within physic we actualy face.
    https://www.neuroquantology.com/data-cms/articles/20191024125517pm1139.pdf

This is more likely i agree.

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Currently?

Well I understand our current knowledge of physics for starter's consider those abilities to be impossible

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

What if the aliens were a thousand years more advanced than us? Maybe they discovered laws of physics we haven't discovered yet. Maybe they invented technology that seems to break the laws, like how a jet seems to break the law of gravity. Maybe they as far ahead of us as we are from cavemen.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  23. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Even a caveman could understand flight. If a bird can do it, why can't we? So we make artificial wings.

Is there a parallel with magical aliens?