Ufo sighting

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Anthony cooper, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Anthony cooper Registered Member

<b>00)</b> Your name?anthony
    <b>01)</b> Your Town/region/Country?Springfield, Midwest,usa
    <b>02)</b> Date and Time?11/8/15,2:30am
    <b>03)</b> What compass direction did the object appear from? Northeast
    <b>04)</b> What compass direction did the object disappear to? Don't know
    <b>05)</b> How long, in seconds, were you able to see it in the sky?it just hover there in the sky not far from me and my wife and it moved about 20 yards direction was east.
    <b>06)</b> How many degrees off the horizon was it when it appeared?between 5-10 degress
    <b>07)</b> How many degrees off the horizon was it when it disappeared? Don't know it was there when I came outside it was just hovering there
    <b>08)</b> How bright was it? Hard to explain it depended if u looked directly at it ur eyes couldn't focus on it like looking at the sun but if u didnt look directly at it it was bright as a star.
    <b>09)</b> Did you see any colour(s)?only if u looked directly at it. It's hard to say what a the colors or how many colors but I glimpsed bluish color and some orange but not bright color its hard to explain.
    <b>10)</b> Did it split apart?no What did that look like?N/A
    <b>11)</b> Did it leave a trail in the sky after it was gone?No. How long did that last?N/A
    <b>12)</b> How fast did it move? Don't know it moved when I ran into get my wife.
    <b>13)</b> Did you hear a sound? No. Was there a time delay from sighting to sound?N/A
    <b>14)</b> What is the closest Town/city when you saw the object?Springfield, MO
    <b>15)</b> Additional remarks, drawings, photos?Didn't get a picture but found a image somebody saw that look almost like it. But it was alot closer to use.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

How close is the nearest airport?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anthony cooper Registered Member

Over 20 min but it was no plane it was really close to us it seemed 50 yards clear sky's no clouds and it was really low and it wasn't a drone. At that distance u clear know if it was any of those. And I woke up this morning beating myself up that I didn't run in and grab my phone. it was amazing and it didn't cross my mind spent the whole time trying to figure out what it was. Just thought I would let u guys know hope it help any.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Sounds like an iridium flare to me. For how long did you see it?

You can use this website to positively identify if it was indeed an iridium flare:
    https://www.heavens-above.com/IridiumFlares.aspx

Just enter in your exact location (it has to be exact: to within a hundredth of a degree) and it will tell you if any iridium flares were visible at the time of your sighting.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

9. Anthony cooper Registered Member

10. kelkittens Banned Banned

I'm just wondering why UFO's is in the section with ghosts? LOL!!

11. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

The mods like to keep the woo in one place.

sideshowbob likes this.
  12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Because both are misidentification of normal phenomena. There is no compelling evidence that ETs, ghosts or monsters exists.

13. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

I'm fairly sure you're replying to a troll.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

How does reporting a UFO lead you conclude he's a troll? Normal people don't experience unexplained sightings?

He's simply reporting what he saw. He didn't say it was a flying saucer with bug-eyed aliens.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Normal people don't experience anything abnormal. That's why they're the most boring people on earth.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You jest (I hope. Because you can't expect me to take that seriously).

It's a pretty dark place where simply stating what one experienced gets one labelled as a troll .

17. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

I wasn't refering to the OP, I was refering to kelkittens. That guy IS a troll.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Mia culpa.