TV's back!!!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by superstring01, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Sure but the alien guy getting out of FBI headquarters after shoting dead a few agents seems to be really pushing it...

Also I thought the rule of the stupid series is that every actor has to be beautiful...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Anyone see the Rolling Stone cover featuring the stars of True Blood:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And here's a controversial one from Glee:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

fuck me charlie
    killer pic

hmm
    lemme nod towards the cur, string.....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I don't see what so wrong about the glee when the youngest person in the pic is 6 years past legal age

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I stopped fretting about silly decisions by TV and movie characters a long time ago. I've just accepted the fact that the crime victim will hit the serial killer in the head with a blunt object, knocking him unconscious, and then run away without killing him while he's down. :shrug:

9. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Aside from the fact that Glee sucks, why is this controversial?

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

supposedly because the characters that these people play are under aged and they are being presented in a highly sexual manner

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

That's a pretty lame excuse considering that many TV shows deal with teens having sex, getting pregnant, being raped, etc. :shrug:

12. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Actually, you see this and more, in commercials these days..

Don't even really have to watch the shows.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Commercials? How about in the news! Like, for example, the daughter of one of the VP candidates.

Jon Stewart had John McCain's daughter on his show a few weeks ago. She is clearly not very articulate and not a great personality to parade before the public, but when her father was running for president, she didn't have much choice. She got quite a bit of negative press. Jon asked her how she felt about all the journalists saying that she's not very bright and not very responsible.

She said, "I could never figure that out. There I was standing in front of the camera next to a pregnant teenager."

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i have a guilty pleasure nowadays. it's a show called "jerseylicious" on the style network. i usually abhor reality shows, but man, this one is fucking hilarious.

15. superstring01 Moderator

I admit. I watch "Jersey Shore". It's the biggest train wreck on TV and I can't stop watching, plus I kinda-sorta wanna' do "The Situation".

~String

16. superstring01 Moderator

The latest episode of "Dexter" is a moderate improvement. I kinda like where the drama with Julia Stiles is going.

~String

17. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Bored to Death, on HBO, has occasionally managed to achieve humor.

18. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

True, it has its moments.. But, for the most part, it leaves you as the title implies, bored to death.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

*shudder* the only time i see that show is when i visit one of my friends who has a 13 year old daughter. they're always watching it. i was horrified. by the show, and by the fact that she allows her 13 year old daughter to watch it.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

If there was any way in which you could promise it would be as physically painful as possible, I swear I would absolutely help.

Oh, and if you could stab Pookie or Stankie or whatever her name is, that would be really great. Oh, and all the rest of them. Or destroy them using a man-in-the-middle strategy like Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing. Actually, that would be better. In fact, now that I think about it, shooting a few of them would be great! Guess I got off topic here. Are snuff films legal in the US? Thanks.

21. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Is he as big an idiot on that show as he was on "Dancing with the Stars"? He can't articulate a complete sentence. He appears to have no talent at all. Virtually all entertainers have at least a rudimentary ability to dance, because the start to that career path is invariably in school and community theatrical productions, half of which are musical comedies. I can't imagine him not being booed off the stage in a high school talent showcase. I can usually understand a man's romantic/sexual appeal once it's pointed out to me by someone whom it touches, but this doofus leaves me scratching my head.

"Gag me with a spoon," as you younger people used to say.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

"gag me with a spoon" hee hee.

that show is more like "gag me with an infested cock".

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

If only it would gag them. Yet they keep on flapping.