Tunnels Reverse Global Warming And Weaken Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by cat2only, Sep 17, 2007.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What if we just dump oil at the site of a growing hurricane, preventing water evaporation?

All these tunnels would accomplish is to prevent hurricanes, they wouldn't prevent global warming.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Spidergoat they can control SSTs which can control how strong global warming events can become just by regulating SSTs. They also produce 3 + million MWs of pure hydroelectrical power that will in turn reduce the amount of fossils we need almost completly and we all know what those fossils can do to our climate.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's a SST? Perhaps I should also point out that there are no large scale oceanic underwater hydroelectric plants in existence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Sea Surface Temperature. Not a Super Sonic Transfer. LOL!

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Global warming is not limited to sea surface temperatures. You also cannot effect the average temperature of the sea unless greenhouse gasses are controlled.

9. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Exactly what they do. They remove the fossils,als

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

nce they see the value they add they will start building them.

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Errrr, I think you meant a Supersonic "Transport." Supersonic transfer makes no sense at all.

The more of your stuff I read the more I see how limited your knowledge really is.

And you STILL have yet to address the fact that this meteorologist has no credentials or training in structural engineering, cost-analysis, material standards and all the rest.

And yes, we aren't discussing medicine here but you COMPLETELY failed to see the compression between Hawking and medicine and your guy with a PHD in his field compared to the ones we ARE discussing (above). Just as Hawking isn't qualified in medicine, neither is you guy in those.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Are you just too lazy to type "fossil fuels" or do you really not know the difference between that and just "fossils?":bugeye:

12. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Why are you hasseling me?

13. P. BOOM! Registered Senior Member

He's not hasseling you, he is criticizing you.
    I think your idea has some merit and is interesting, but you need to work on it some more.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I'm not "hasseling you". I'm pressuring you to respond to direct questions that you continually keep dodging. Will you answer now? If not, why not??? And don't say, "what questions" because they are very apparent in my previous posts.

15. cat2only Registered Senior Member

No. I am not to lazy to type Fossil Fuels. I just used fossils for short.:shrug::shrug:

16. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Why thank You P-BOOM. That is why I want them computer modeled along with many scientists.

17. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Tunnels would be very busy and multitasking preventing this, also!

CO2 ocean levels could violate EPA rules
    WASHINGTON, Sept. 20 (UPI) -- An international team of scientists determined ocean carbon dioxide levels might exceed U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards by mid-century.

The 25 scientists -- including researchers from the United States, Australia, Britain, France, Japan and Norway -- said their finding is the first recognition that atmospheric CO2 emissions, if not reduced, will cause the Earth's ocean waters to violate EPA water quality criteria.

"About one-third of the CO2 from fossil-fuel burning is absorbed by the world's oceans," said lead study author Ken Caldeira of the Carnegie Institution. "In sufficient concentration, the acidity can corrode shellfish shells, disrupt coral formation, and interfere with oxygen supply."

He said if atmospheric CO2 goes to more than 500 parts per million the surface of entire oceans will be out of compliance with EPA pH guidelines.

"We need to start thinking about carbon dioxide as an ocean pollutant," said Calderia. "That is, when we release carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, we are dumping industrial waste in the ocean."

The study appears as a commentary in the journal Geophysical Research Letters.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why? Because they would generate electricity? Even tidal generators are not in practical use. The ocean is an unforgiving place for intricate machinery.

19. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Ah! But the Gulfstream flows 24/7 to the North. Tidal Generators have wait on the tides.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe not if your plan is implemented. What about physical drag and turbulence?

21. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Without the drag I wouldn't have the generation. Advection is what we need to control with the tunnels according to the scientist not impossible though.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Even if you could mechanically force the cold water from the bottom to the top, it would immediately sink again, since it's more dense.

23. cat2only Registered Senior Member

Exactly what I want with the tunnels the cooler water would drop on the warmer water below it as it exits the discharge. This is where the mixing occurs and the net ~ temperature falls in the Gulfstream which can be regulated.