Tunisia: More High Tech in 2016

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Shadow1, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Tunisia: More High Tech in 2016

Mr. Afif Chelbi, Minister of Industry, Energy and SMEs who was speaking Thursday as part of the 11th edition of the forum of Carthage Investment has provided insights into the industrial strategy on the horizon 2016, which proposes to make Site Tunisia, a Mediterranean industrial hub.

The priority areas that boost now Tunisian industry will be the emerging sectors: ICT, automotive and aerospace components to ensure that in 2016 more than half of industrial production, that is to say as much as traditional mining sectors, industries food.

Special mention for the aviation industry, numbering about forty companies, for the French majority, represents a real potential to seize. Tunisia aims to position themselves at the regional level thanks to the actions of the group of Tunisian industries aerospace (GITAS). Alongside the positive development of foreign direct investment (FDI) in the electrical, electronic and mechanical, Tunisia has the ambition to become a center of regional excellence in industrial engineering.

Many international High Tech companies are already present. Following the example of Franco-Italian ST Microelectronics and the French company Sagem, which each have a center that employs hundreds of engineers and managers Tunisian. It is also an example of the German company Siemens, the Japanese firm Yamaichi Electronics and the French company Actielec.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Does that mean, the next electronics you buy, will say "Made in Tunisia"? That would be the day!

The Tunisian Institute of Statistics' latest data peg the country's 2008 unemployment rate at 21.67%, up from 17.5% in 2007.

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=...B/features/awi/features/2010/01/05/feature-02

In Tunisia, which has foreign exchange reserves of around $10 billion, lawmakers are calling for the creation of a national fund to help unemployment, according to a report by Magharebia, a website sponsored by the United States Africa Command.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

How democratic is Tunisia? or does it have strongman rule, like Libya, or are its institutions stronger?

Here is something on Libya:

"... The number of foreign businesses working in Libya has grown during the past five years, because of good opportunities and Libya's international political rehabilitation. However, doing business in Libya remains subject to the risk of arbitrary political interference ...

The Revolutionary Committees Movement (in effect the ruling party) and other beneficiaries of the system of government status quo tend to be suspicious of reforms.

Qadhafi's character and unchallenged authority, and Libyan officials' deference to him, mean that there is always a risk that a particular policy will be reversed at short notice or temporarily, and without public explanation. Also, official approval on a matter does not rule out subsequent disagreements. ..."

From: http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/01/li...business-oxford.html?partner=daily_newsletter

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Link, please.

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

This covers the same speech.

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

you can search google, with the title of this thread, and you'll find much results about that topic, i copied the text, i didnt writ it, i forgot to quote it
    anyway, here's another site
    http://www.thinktunisia.tn/
    also, tunisiaonlinenews.com

http://www.tunisianindustry.nat.tn/en/home.asp

tunisia have some industries of everything, there's airbus,
    fiid stuff, fruits, tissues, like whool and clothes, we have also industries for cars parts, also building stuff and tools, and the other construction materials, ...
    and others, we just have a little bet of everything, but the industry is growing day after day,
    toaday, tunisia is a touristic contry, but in 2016, it will indstrual, also touristic, we have health tourism, nature tourism, beaches, ...
    in tunisia there's the forests and green envirement in the north, besides the karthages ruins, (karthage used to be the ennemy of rome, it's style is like rome) there's also the roman colisum, the ancient arabic city, berber monuments, othaman, old euopean style cities, medinas, araic style old cities, the desert in the south, that's where there's the berber monuments, like matmata, ... there's also djerba, jews go there each year for relegion stuff, they have a main temple there,

toaday is mainly touristic, but, by time, tunisia is going industrual, also it have plans for green energy in the deserts, we also have soem wind energy, and biological farming, and it's growing, also, tunisia is the first among arab contries in life style, also it's a liberal contry, there's a law against hijab, and they don't actually apply it, it's rare if i heard of something like it,
    also tunisia have the arabic culture capital, wich it's kairouan,

also tunisia have many enviremental plans, also many plans of reserving water, like artificial lakes, that big wall that cut the river(i don't know what's it's name in english

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sorry :], poor english i have )

http://www.tunisiaonlinenews.com/?cat=20

10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

those are some projects, some of them are underconstruction now

that's a video of one of the projects it's underconstruction:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7aunv_tunis-porte-de-la-mediterranee-medi_tech?from=rss

this oen is don:
    and it's bigger and better in reality

here's other links
    futureoftunisia.blogspot.com/

this is also a local project: http://www.tunisiaonlinenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/gmmarth20marina.jpg

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Hi Shadow:
    I watched a CNN special on Tunisia's progress in entering the 21 century and was impressed. They are putting money into higher education and already have some high tech industries competing in global markets with quality as well as price. For example, they make some parts in every Boeing 737 and write software now "imbedded" in products of some western firms.

Next day by edit: I saw part of the CNN Tunisia program again. - This time I noted the name of the company making parts of the fuel injector for the 737s. It is "Eurocast." They probably have a web page, but I did not look for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
  12. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yeah, and it's just the begenning, tunisia will be more high teach and an industrual and also more touristic contry, by 2016

next year, all the board of tunisia, will go dijital, like in the u.a.e. you know the white bords right, that they use pens on it, those are like that, but with computer, teh teacher's table, control the bord, and he can also see what do the students are doing on their desks, so he can know who's studing, and who's not,

my physics teacher told us,
    it will start this year, 2010
    and in a year, all school will be dijital, by 2014
    http://www.tunisiaonlinenews.com/?p=24425

13. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

do you have a link for it,
    cause i saw a video, about tunisia's some industries, and they keep saying tunisia, in the middle east, while it's in north africa, in the maghreb,

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

What is the future of Tunisia

Tunisia toaday,
    is one of the best arab contries,
    and the first of them among the life style, and pleasure of life,
    also, tunisia toadya, have an imporatant industries,
    chemical and biological earth-fertilizers, Phosphate, and it's the first ranking in the world, and it's supposed to be a very imprtant industrual hub by 2016, also among the first ankings in the world in producing olive oil, also aerospace industries, like airbus, (tunisia's economy toaday, is, about 30percent industries, 30percent agriculture, and also about 40 percent tourism)
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2010/02/05/mme.b.tunisia.high.tech.cnn?iref=allsearch
    there's a fault in this video, Tunisia is not in the middle east, it's in north africa, and it's a medeterrenian contry, you can say african, cause it's in africa
    Tunisia first and native language is arabic(maghreb dilacte) also the fus'ha arabic(the arabic that you elarn it at schools, the official arabic) , second french, third, english, then it comes spanish, or italian, or gearman, or chinese, and others, it's because of the very active tourism,
    Tunisia concentrate more on education, and health, Tunisian people are well educated, and very open,
    Tunisia main relegion is islamic, there's also, chritianity, and jews,
    jews come each year to an island in Tunisia "Djerba" to do some kind of relegion stuff,
    Tunisia is a liberal islamic contry, women are free to wear anything if you thight that they are forced, also women have a very important place in our society, women are ecaule to men, go to work, study, have fun, play sports,
    also, tunisia is attached to it's roots and it's culture,
    tunisia had many civlisations, carthage, roman, arabic, and other's...

anyway, Tunisia toaday, have a dozen of projects from u.a.e. in tunisia, on the tunisian style, also other local big projects of tourism,
    communication survices is growing every day, widly fast, now tunisia have 3 telephone lines, soon a company for international phone calls, the internet debate is dobled each year, for free, the internet started to be avaible in every house, about 3 years ago, and know, almost everyone have an internet, and a facebook account,

,recently, also, there are some other comment projects, betwwen algeria, tunisia, libya, moroco, hoping to united the maghreb, toaday, there is a maghreb union, but those contries, are not yet united economicly and politicly, i think it will take a while, but hostings and programs between these contries, are increasing, also, there's a medeterrenian union, for the medeterrenian contries, north africa, (the maghreb contries) also, france, spain, and italy, tunisia have a project to build an underwater tunnel between it and italy, moroco, also have a project of tunnel, underwater, between it, and spain,

www.tunisiaonlinenews.com

also, tunisia's economy, is a knoldge based developement, and education, is the #1
    tunisia have a sunstable economic growth, also, it didnt affect much with the economical crisis, i didnt even notice anything changed, to worse i mean,

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  15. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

16. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Dijital, huh? Wow.

18. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

huh?! wow??

wow about what?

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

To Shaddow1:
    mod hatI have merged your thread about Tunisia's future into this one. DO NOT START MULTIPLE TUNISIA THREADS. - CONSIDER THIS A WARNING.
    (I have not yet learned how to warn you officially.)

I also deleted your two informative links from another thread. That is "double posting" and spam.

I think you need to at least skim post 1 of: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=97175

As you are new and your SPAM is not for personal gain, I am going easy on you. Abuse Sciforums, and much more will disappear.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
  20. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Shadow, Tunisia sounds good yup. Investments have been flooding these developing countries.

The hype you are describing, is the same kind of hype that creates bubbles. If investment quickly retreats back to Dollars / US / Europe, there will probably be a few bubbles popped.

I wonder how high real estate prices are in Tunisia etc.

Currency is interesting:

http://www.exchange-rates.org/Chart.aspx?iso_code=TND&base_iso_code=USD&mode=G&filter=30

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunisian_dinar

21. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

to be one of the developed world in 2010, no, we're not that close, i think that would be in 2016, the industrual big boom,
    education, i'm 15, i speak arabic as a native language, french second, english, some japanese, and i'm going to learn italien next year,
    i'm at secondary science class, in hight school,
    the money, we use the tunisian dinars, Dt.
    the american dollar u.s. dollar= 1dt.300
    one euro=1dt.800
    1dt=1X36 in india,
    in malysia, X 22
    in egypt and moroco, X 5
    in tueky, X 2
    and france's original money, 1dt= X 3 in france, but illegal there, cause they use euro, so, 1 euro=1dt.800
    and no, i don't live in a costal city, i live in Kairouan, it's the arbaic and islamic culture capital of the arab world this year, there are many developements, and upgates in the urban areas, most in the new city, not teh old one.

22. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yeah, ok, i'll read them, since you're asking how to tell me to not inform me, i don't appreaciate it, to talk to me like that, just talk normal, not like attacking me, anyway, okay, i want double post again,

thanks, about double posting, you mean, not to post two threts about something in the same forum location?

23. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

about not allowing to take money out, you can, but just some coins for souvenir, but no money papers, it's to keep the sunstable developement, and for not affecting bad on the economy, if people started to take Dts out, don't you think, that after soem time, it will make some, problems to the economy, not serious problems, but they can slow down the growth, after all,
    so, it's not allowed, also, that cause Tunisia, is a very rich contry, true, that most of the population is a middle-class, there is no homeless in tunisia, inless his wife kicked him out of the house, lol, also, every body elp each other, poor peopel, always get help, soem times from goverment, and the most is from the other people, people senc each other soem food, or some money if they needed it, so, you will never be alone, in tunisia, kids, don't leave home at 18, they stay there, unless they get married, or went to study in an other city, or other contry,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.