Trump temporarily loves the Dreamers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricFetus, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...mp_accidentally_discovers_a_truth_135982.html

And since I don't get to say it often, I want to thank President Trump for making this abundantly clear during the unexpectedly televised part of his meeting with congressional leaders on Tuesday. At one point, he stumbled into a sensible and compassionate approach to the plight of Dreamers -- immigrants brought here illegally by their parents when they were children. They have grown up entirely as Americans.

Temporarily, the "build a wall' president was transformed into a champion of what he called a "bill of love."

Trump's excursion into the politics of charity was prompted when Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., asked if he would support a "clean DACA bill." By this she meant legislation that would maintain President Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program without funding a border wall or making any other concessions to immigration hard liners.

Trump, who had set DACA to expire this March, was ready to roll. "Yeah, I would like to do it," he said. And he went farther, expressing a desire for "comprehensive immigration reform" that would legalize the status of the nation's 11 million undocumented immigrants.

It fell to House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., to remind Trump of his actual position, or at the least the position he has espoused most often, by suggesting politely that "you need to be clear, though. ... You have to have security."

This is what happens when you have a complete moron for president, but it does bring up the issue that the republicans don't have a clue what to do with dreamers, they know if they kick them out they will suffer electorally but at the same time the alt-right/nazi-wannabes demand it or else they too will walk out. The republicans.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mathman Valued Senior Member

It looks like (maybe) Congress will pass a bill for the dreamers with a provision to start Trump's wall along the Mexican border.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

The wall is a joke, it will do nothing to stop immigrants, rather it functions is symbolic to fellate the the xenophobes. I'm willing to let the babies have their bottle but not if its going to cost tens of billions of dollars of a useless mishmash of fences and concert.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.