Trump is "a clear and present danger"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivan Seeking, Aug 9, 2016.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't call it a lobby group. But it's job is to get its nominee's elected, organizing the party's convention and raising money. It's very different.

Quantum Quack likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Is Trump attempting to provoke an armed uprising if he fails in his bid to be elected?
    It appears to me that he is doing everything he can to ensure that USA voters vote with fear rather than sense. Even word from Russia suggests that if Hillary is elected she will be the USA's last president. How does these sorts of threats rest with the people of the USA?

I think it is up to Russia to de-escalate tensions not just the USA.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zgmc Registered Senior Member

It sure seems like he is attempting to provoke something.. It would not surprise me if some of his followers tried something crazy on election day. He's been telling them it's rigged, and they need to watch the polls..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, here is the thing, it's quite apparent that Trump is afflicted with narcissistic personality disorder, and as a result, he's not a very good decision maker. While Trump will be a stinker and never admit defeat, his running mate and Republican leaders will. Ryan, the highest ranking Republican in Congress has stated he will recognize the election results and Trump's running mate has stated he will recognize the election results. That's big, and I suspect other Republicans in Congress will follow suit. So while I wouldn't be surprised to see some wackos and some might even take up arms, it's not news. We've seen these wackos before. They have been around for a long time. Trump is playing them.

Who would they attack? They are a minority. Are they going to attack the police? Are they going to attack their neighbors, their postman, our soldiers, sailors an marines? It's won't happen. Certainly the financiers of the Republicans Party won't be on board Trump's revolution. And then there is the matter of Trump's family, I don't know them. But I have to think they are not as crazy as their old man is. I don't think Trump's family is as crazy as Trump and equally important, I don't think Trump's advisers are as crazy as Trump.

Let's remember, Trump represents a minority of Americans. He has never topped the low 40% - 43% range in the polling. Clinton is polling around 50%. There is no danger of a Trump revolution, and Trump's demographic is a shrinking demographic. Regrettably there maybe some bloodshed. You never know what some of Trump's wackos will do. Some wacko might decide to bomb a federal building again. But I think that's about it, and if they do, they will be quickly found, jailed, tried, and executed a la Timothy McVeigh. So while Trump is crazy enough and unethical enough, his running mate and senior Republican leaders aren't that crazy. They are on record saying as much. Trump won't acknowledge electoral defeat, but his running mate will, and the Speaker of the House will as will.

So yes, Trump is concerning. He is has gone to some very dark places and will likely be living in dark places for a very long time, but the rest of the country won't follow him. The leadership of his party won't follow. Trump and his supporters can't do it on their own. Middle aged, lesser educated, sedentary white males don't make for great revolutionaries. I mean Joe Six Pack would have to give up his easy chair and beer. That ain't happening. Joe Six Pack may hate Democrats and Clinton in particular, but he loves his easy chair and beer more.

Trump should be a wake-up call for Republican leaders. They need to stop this crap. They need to get rid of the Republican echo chambers and bring back the Fairness Doctrine.

Trump is truly temperamentally unworthy of the office.

Here is something to cheer you up:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I've seen him hit 46+% in a couple of polls, last I looked he was around 43 - 44 in most of them. Your 538 link has him at 42.9% with Johnson at 6% and "other" at 1.5%. Keep in mind that outside of Utah "other" has actually endorsed Trump.

If he picks up half of Johnson's and a majority of Stein's, he'll be resting around 46 - 47 - according to your link. Fortunately, that would still lose - unless it's distributed so that he is close enough to take Ohio and Florida, the two centers of Republican ballot fraud and electoral manipulation in 2000 and 2004.

They elected W&Cheney. Twice. That got them out of their easy chair and evicted from their houses, with their kids sent to Iraq to get killed looking for WMDs that everybody except them knew weren't there.

Their response was to vote for Palin. Then they rallied behind Cliven Bundy. Then they stuck their fingers in the President's face, yelled "you lie" at him during a formal address, brought stuffed black monkees with lipstick on them to political rallies, killed the Dixie Chicks career, plastered Confederate flags on their trucks, primaried Eric Kantor for insufficient stupidity, and threatened to default on the US debt if they didn't get their way in legitimate voting.

That scene has earned the Republicans a reliable majority of the white male vote over age 30.
    Too late. They can't. What could they do - blow off the white male vote? Resign over principle? What principles?

It's the rest of us into the breach, yet again, with whatever we've got. The Republican Party is not going to fix itself.

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Was thinking the other day ( hee hee dangerous occupation that) that there is a way that Hillary could not only minimize the threat of violence but also frustrate the hell out of the Trump campaign.
    Hillary acceptance speech could go like this:
    "Fellow Americans,
    It is obvious that this election has been rather extraordinary and contrary to expectations -(blah blah blah) I would like to thank Mr Trump, even though obviously handicapped with certain character and competency issues, for raising the issues that large number of ds-affected citizens have serious concerns about. True, he may have spent a lot of money, passion and time providing this public service, but also true, I and the rest of America wish to thank him for doing so, even if he did so unwittingly."
    "He may not have succeeded in his quest for the presidency but he has succeeded in highlighting the social divisions we as a nation are challenged with and seek to address in the future."

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

His followers aren't concerned with little things like veracity and reason.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think you need to read my post.

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I quoted your post, copy paste. And evidence from your link. Trump got over the 40% line in the polls a while ago, and he's still trending up overall - which is scary, no? He should have been dead in the water three months ago.

Good of you to edit in more accurate numbers from your link, but I didn't catch the edit before posting - and I'm going to leave it, because your correction ( "He has never topped the low 40% - 43% range in the polling. Clinton is polling around 50%".) is still wrong: Trump has polled north of 45% at times, for brief intervals in between toe-removals.

And he has a solid, even commanding, lead among white men older than 30. That means the people who run this country - the police and courts, the military, the local governments, the business owners and professionals, the people we count on to keep order and enforce the law - are backing Trump.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

According to reports Julian Assange of wiki leaks has instigated a contingency plan after having his internet connection severed. My guess is he has just ordered the release of documents that he was using as leverage to gain his release.
    I think we may find justification for HC's use of a private secure email server in the very near future.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It seems Hilary's private server was very secure. Assange has been so discredited, I think it matters little what he releases.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You need to read before you runoff with the fingers.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I think it is pretty obvious there is a lot more at stake than just an election....

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump is now insisting comedy shows like Saturday Night Live are part of the "rigged" media and therefore should be canceled. The irony is that the Donald has appeared in person on Saturday Night Live during the primaries and had no problem with Saturday Night Live. But now when he is losing in the poling suddenly Saturday Night Live has become part of a vast media conspiracy against him.

This, in conjunction with other things Trump has said and done with respect to the media should be of great concern to all Americans. Trump has been conducting a war on the media and the First Amendment, i.e. Freedom of the Press. http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/16/media/donald-trump-snl/

Is it any wonder Trump so admires Putin? They are both autocrats. They both hate the free press.

The real danger here is what happens after the election. We already have Trump supporters openly making threats against the life of Hilary Clinton. The good news is these guys aren't very bright. Trump may have ginned up larger numbers of them, but they have always been around, and every once in a while one of them acts out.

There is another interesting development, the divergence between Trump and his surrogates continues to widen. It began with Trump's Russian policies and has now extended to his claim of a rigged elections. His surrogates are claiming when Trump speaks of a rigged election he means the media is treating him unfairly. But when you hear Trump, it's very clear, Trump means everything including the polls are rigged against him. It's really sounding like paranoia.

Trump has brought the alternative right, e.g. Infowars.com, into the mainstream. That is indeed scary. But it will never fly with most Americans. I think it is or should be most scary to Republicans. For decades Republicans have fostered this kind of radicalism and now it has taken a chunk out of their collective derrieres in the form of Donald J. Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Trump is a clear and present danger not only to the United States but to the world as well. The good news is I don't think he is going very far. I think we are witnessing his campaign's death throes.

Trump's problem with sexual abuse goes to an even larger problem, i.e. the abuse of power. Trump has a very long history of abusing his power. That's not what we should want in someone who would be the most powerful person on the planet, especially when the man has clearly demonstrated he has no moral backbone. The really sad part, is the next runner up in the Republican presidential lineup this year, Ted Cruz, wasn't any better than Trump. Republicans really need to rethink what they are doing.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Given Trump's behavior is becoming increasingly erratic, I'd say even Trump realizes his campaign is in its final death throes. I think we are witnessing Trump's personality disintegration, i.e. the guy's going crazy. Trump now claims Saturday Night Live is rigging the election against him and is a part of the vast media conspiracy he envisions. As a result, Trump has demanded the TV show to be cancelled. That's unprecedented.

You know their is a term for this, it's called paranoia, and that's the last thing the world needs. The world doesn't need a paranoid with his fingers on the nuclear buttons. Humanity may not survive a paranoid individual with access to the nuclear codes. If Trump is being truthful, he clearly is suffering from paranoia, and is clearly delusional.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/16/media/donald-trump-snl/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

19. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I came to the conclusion that Trump was a shill for Hillary before he was even the nominee. Fait accompli.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That's beside the point.

He has massive support and a legitimate chance of election.

The central fact here is that Trump is the preferred candidate of the white male population of the United States, and the Republican voter generally. He's a legitimate, representative, mainstream Republican candidate for the Presidency. He's fully representative of Republicans, self-described "conservatives", "T-Party" voters, that entire body of American voters.

No one who has voted for a Republican candidate for the Presidency at any time since 1980 should be allowed to disavow this guy. He's the Republican Party the rest of the country has been dealing with, increasingly, since 1968 - he's a mirror in front of Republican politics.

That's what the rest of us have been talking about, for decades now, OK? Take a good look: you've flown an American flag over Abu Ghraib and Gitmo, watched the alligators move in on the bodies of American citizens in the suburbs of America's central river port city, watched the your elected representatives in the nation's government threaten to default on the US government's debt and refuse to even consider central judicial nominees to avoid the appearance of even minimally cooperating with a black President; Are you going to change?

21. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I hope that "you" is generic for Americans. I'm an old white guy, and I despise them both, as I have damned near everyone in office for many years. I first voted for President in '72, and voted for McGovern, I think the last good Presidents we had were Eisenhower and Kennedy.

Too bad, hm?

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

As was supposed to be clear from preceding sentences: It's generic for anyone who has voted for a Republican since 1968, when Nixon brought the KKK on board to join the fundamentalists and the amoral rich, and especially since 1980 - when the monster got to its feet, and began to walk the earth like a Party, destroying men.

23. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I know, man. I was teasing a bit.

Is it a golem or a dybbuk, I wonder?