"True" AI is here??

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by one_raven, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

hmm.. im not sure what to say very interesting none the less, nothings impossible consistant proggression goes along way.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kazbadan Registered Senior Member

that article it seems to be nice raven, but i am not able to open it. can u give another link or post the complete article?

thanks

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PanzerTank Registered Member

If by "True" AI you mean humanlike robots that can feel and react just as humans do then no, you mean intelligent robots and we are far from being able unlock the mind and recreate it as we still do not yet fully understand it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I think the underling reason why we fail to unlock the mind is because the mind is a field of interactions. The mind is not ours but a window to the world outside ours. Look at a house, its mind is the windows, curtains, and doors. In the human mind information is flowing in and out in respective of our form, the same information that flows in a dogs mind. Form determines everything. In a house it is the exits that enables man walk in and out and light a chimney fire, it’s these interactions that keeps the house alive. The Chinese believe water is more afraid of the slope of the stream and rightfully so. I don’t think it’s possible to understand how the mind works because unlike my previous examples there are too many channels and multiple slopes, besides I think its this void that keeps us alive and free not insane. This to me is the mind but not to be confused with the brain in the sense that if you look carefully you can almost see someone’s mind from what he is doing or perceiving. The mind is everywhere as in computers, cars, tables, lamps, all these were in someone’s mind as an idea at one point in time. In other perspective the mind is like a show where the brain is the clown behind the stage taking care of business. The same reason we cannot figure the mind is the same reason we cannot find ourselves. As a psychological expert puts ‘the underlying reason the big queries are hard to answer is because we are stuck in a plethora of identities due to the society and ideas accordingly’. The day we figure the mind is the day we may actually say ‘this is who I am’, until then we will continue the masquerade ball. Feelings are handled with the brain all right but the primitive part of the brain; they are just alarms to let the system know before hand while further action may be taken. Like an actual security alarm it may raise or drop your adrenalin or endorphins. We are part of the global enemy called the mind so tell us how you figure yourself out? Only God can do that. Too often the mind or whole and its survival is more important than the individual so good luck figuring it out. There's no such thing as A.I just as no such thing as artificialy natural. By the way, I don't know but somewhere along the line man decided he was no more part of nature and branded things as artificial or synthetic.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  8. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  9. kmguru Staff Member

Stephen Thaler's first patent:

6,356,884 Device system for the autonomous generation of useful information (He has 28 patents so far...)

An artificial neural network-based system and method for determining desired concepts and relationships within a predefined field of endeavor, including a neural network portion, which neural network portion includes an artificial neural network that has been previously trained in accordance with a set of given training exemplars, a monitor portion associated with the neural network portion to observe the data outputs produced by the previously trained artificial neural network, and a perturbation portion for perturbing the neural network portion to effect changes, subject to design constraints of the artificial neural network that remain unperturbed, in the outputs produced by the neural network portion, the perturbation portion operable such that production of an output by the neural network portion thereafter effects a perturbation of the neural network portion by the perturbation portion, the monitor portion responsive to detection of the data outputs being produced by the previously trained neural network, whereby the system is operable to derive over a period of time a plurality of input/perturbation/output mapping relationships that differ from the input/perturbation/mapping relationships of the training exemplars.

Patent 5,393,441 Two-cycle oil additive
    Patent 4,981,717 Diamond like coating and method of forming [A method of producing diamond-like coatings comprising confining a plasma initiating precursor gas containing a hydrocarbon and introducing a laser generated beam into the gas; the laser generated beam initiating a plasma in the precursor gas and creating diamond-like precursor fragments from the precursor gas, the plasma propelling the fragments onto a substrate and bonding the fragments to the substrate as a diamond-like coating. ]

Human mind is more than a lab created artificial neural network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.