Tony1 is Right

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cainxinth, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Cainxinth Registered Senior Member

You heard it here first folks, Tony1 is right. About what you ask? Anything and everything. If we would all stop blathering about fossil records and base pairs and all that other nonsense for a moment we would see the logic in his argument. Allow me to paraphrase:

"I am right about everything; I have discerned the very nature of reality, and if you shut your whining trap for a minute I might just clue you in. However, If you are not interested in my truth I will wear you down with childlike insults until you'll have no choice but to submit to my will. By the way, scientists are evil, deluded liars... evil I say!"

That pretty much sums up my take on the situation. I said before something inside me wouldn’t allow me to stop pursuing Tony1. I ignored him, engaged him, begged and pleaded, in the end all I asked was for him to "lighten up" a little, and even that paltry request was beyond him. I don't know about the rest of you but I've finally smashed my head against a brick wall long enough to sufficiently satisfy myself that it is in fact brick and not some other less intractable substance.

I hoped to avoid this but I have exhausted all other recourses. My ignore list has its first member, and hopefully its last.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I can take it. Do not give up.
    OK, maybe not for long.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Maybe later my ignore list will have its first entry too,
    but now is winter, some depression and all and I need is a good laugh. But I get tired of this. Like cheap american comedyes. In a few days I might look for some French stuff.
    And Tony has crossed border with this quote you listed up. Really maybe French?!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

Sarcasm is lost on some people.

Ben

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Are you suggesting every one of tony's posts is sarcastic? If so, why is he even here?

I too have grown tired of tony's narrow-minded and self ritious posts. Effective today I have closed most of my discussions with him, simply because they have gone from constructive debates to childish wordplay. Actually, come to think of it, I don't believe they ever were constructive debates, mostly just tony blabbering on about his immortality and "absolute truth".

If only tony came with a mute button...

8. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

awwww...you poor thing.

Ben

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Yeah, poor tony....

10. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

No wonder he gives you a hard time.

Grow up.

Ben

11. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

If it means acting like tony, I'm not sure I want to.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Is that Ron Fairly?

I mean, it really does sound like a color-commentator's line: Sarcasm is lost on some people.

It reminds me of the time Fairly advocated, directly to the "youngsters" brushback pitching and hitting batters for revenge.

In other words, I'm quite sure the line wasn't intended to come off as perfectly ridiculous--that is, deserving of ridicule--as it actually does.

I'll deviate from Xelios on the point of sarcasm, but only slightly: why is it that Tony1 needs to be so consistently "sarcastic"? Why is it that "sarcasm" is pretty much all he comes to the table with? And once we have our considerations appropriately turned to that notion, perhaps then KalvinB might care to comment on the idea that Tony1's "sarcasm" is often directed at "citations" which do not exist anywhere?

I mean, really, we should ask the ones who assert "sarcasm" to at least explain the "sarcasm". I mean, really. Since we've arrived at how many topics dealing with the subject? And in not one of them can Tony1 or his defenders do much more than mock? Perhaps we should take a lesson from this mentality: they want the board to die. They want us all to go away and stop talking about these things so that Sciforums and other media of exchange pose less of a threat to their superstitious way of being.

I'd like to think this is a place where people can share ideas. What do we do, though, when one of those ideas is that people shouldn't share ideas? Really, this cadre of religiosity can deny the notion all they want, but look at it: how many times can you ask for an example and get nothing in return but another accusation? Press, press, press ... the only way to justify is to deny and accuse. We hear it from the national icons, the Mabons, Falwells, and Robertsons; we hear it from the local pulpits, for after all, why is it anybody's business whether or not this man of God is sexually exposing himself to children in DisneyWorld? (Really, that was an issue around here ....) We hear it from the street preachers and read it in the anonymous tracts placed by those too frightened to have true faith in their chosen Lord. Why is it that this brand of Christianity habitually reflects the practice that anything is better than thinking? What is it about new ideas that is so shameful, at least to Tony1 if not his cronies? Why is it that any debate is better than the issue at hand? Why deny the Christian sacrifice of the intellect when one lives by it? One thing I love about the idea of Christianity, just in general, is that there is no cohesion; it's all common faith until one is presented with a disagreeing sense of common. I figure that there are some Christians who are well aware of these issues, and must be shredding the wallpaper over stuff like this, but it must be terribly difficult to choose between the obligation of preventing such blasphemous, vomitous "Christianity" and trying to find a way to promote the better aspects of the faith over the cacophony.

But how is it that the broadest generalizations of a negative stereotype can be manifest in the individual? To the other, I'm undertaking Riesebrodt's (?!) Pious Passions, which is a decade-old study of fundamentalism that, in its very introduction, is already challenging my usual perspectives; perhaps from its methodology alone, and perhaps from its actual data and conclusions, I might derive some new perspective for examining the current problem.

In the meantime, I'm just going to tally up the sentiment from that crew: it seems almost unanimous that Tony1 and his defenders have chosen not to be taken seriously. We'd love to give your ideas some consideration, but you have to tell us what they are. Such focus on accusation, dismissal, and "sarcasm" don't do much to convey your point; such persistent exclusive employment of these tools lead me to believe that you don't actually have a point to convey.

Why do I find it so hilarious that Jesus should be a better role model for sarcasm than, say, Indiana Jones?

thanx,
    Tiassa

13. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

We know Tiassa we know.

Seriously, we've been over this.

Ben

14. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Sarcasm is lost on some people

Tony included. He can dish it, but he can't take. It reminds me of those little kids that would bite other children and then ball their eyes out when their companions reciprocated.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

KalvinB

I'll take your continued presentation of anything other than topic-related information to indicate that you have no point. When you are prepared to provide examples of the things you describe, let me know. Until then, you might consider writing an original cliche. Just a thought, you know, since you use my cliches so poorly.

--Tiassa

16. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

Blah blah blah Tiassa. We know.

Seriously, we get it.

Ben

17. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I don't

Is Tiassa proposing too many questions for you to answer KB? Or do you just not have any answeres to the questions he presents?Just curious.

18. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Cainxinth
    ...I am right about everything; I have discerned the very nature of reality...

No need for such touching testimonials.

*I've finally smashed my head against a brick wall long enough*

Ouch?

*Originally posted by tiassa
    why is it that Tony1 needs to be so consistently "sarcastic"? Why is it that "sarcasm" is pretty much all he comes to the table with?

Eye of the beholder.

*we should ask the ones who assert "sarcasm" to at least explain the "sarcasm".*

You assert that I'm sarcastic.
    Perhaps you should explain why you think that.

*they want the board to die.*

Before I got here, you were at like 900 posts, in about a year.
    Since then, you've increased to 2800 posts in less than a year.
    Looks like you're doing OK, attention fan.

*Why is it that this brand of Christianity habitually reflects the practice that anything is better than thinking?*

Since you call what you do "thinking," there is the off chance that people might think I'm a stoned, failed psychiatric patient such as yourself.
    I wouldn't want that.

*Originally posted by Teg
    He can dish it, but he can't take.

What?
    You've been dishing out sarcasm?
    When? Where?

*Originally posted by tiassa
    I'll take your continued presentation of anything other than topic-related information to indicate that you have no point.

Since the topic is "tony1 is right," thanks.
    However, he did say "we've been over this before" which is on topic.
    I have been accused of being right before.

Even Godless lambastes my opposition with statements that they are wrong and tony1 is right.