Tom Cruise is crazy

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by countezero, Jan 18, 2008.

1. countezero Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lightgigantic Banned Banned

since an actor is, by profession, an actor, giving their antics any undue credibility (into the sphere of politics or philosophy) simply on the basis of their career, is a greater craziness

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. countezero Registered Senior Member

Credibility is not the issue here. Zaniness is.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Are you just figuring this out? Okay, okay, that's not helpful, I know. I guess the real question is what difference that video will make. While it might convince a few borderline cases, the larger effect will be to rope in those susceptible to such ... um ... what's the word ... oh, right, (expletive).

Meanwhile, RadarOnline has a short glossary purporting to explain certain terms used in the video. (Also note the commenter named Lu, who appears again, as Luana in another RadarOnline post, who is accused of being a Scientology plant. Ah, the drama!)

I just got hold of an .AVI of the video via The Pirate Bay, in case anyone is interested in helping make sure this thing stays in circulation. It's only 18.6 mb and came down at about 450 kb/s via LimeWire, so ... there's that, too.

A couple of things I found interesting about the video:

• The music sample loop. Never doubt the power of repetition.
    • The music at the end: Notice that it's a variation on the Mission Impossible theme.
    • The statistic: How the hell do they calculate how many people Tom Cruise has proselytized to?
    • How often he laughs: It's not a "secure" laugh. I know this laugh very well.
    • The look in his eyes is absolutely scary.​

I actually sent a slightly-different version of the list to a friend of mine who is a psychologist. I included the note that I know that laugh very well because I use it sometimes, and he should know it because he's seen and heard it over the years. It signifies an inner doubt. Perhaps, as an actor, it's his attempt at faux humility, but more likely he knows the whole thing's a con. Doubt takes many forms, works quietly, and digs deep.

(On edit: I actually failed to retool that list properly. Whoops. My bad.)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  8. Bells Staff Member

Is this the same video Google were strong armed (by the Church of Scientology) into removing from their site?

As for Cruise.. I think it has been well established that the man may be certifiably insane a while ago.

9. Vega Banned Banned

All Hail Xenu!!!

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Aye. Gawker is making a stand.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Tom is no crazier than any Christian.
    He is a type A personality who believes strongly in is religion. A very odd religion, but aren't they all?
    He credits Scientology for where he is in his life and considering how successful he's been, why wouldn't he think its the best?

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

He doesnt talk in complete sentences...just bits of phases in a confused heap.

The video is also heavily edited and chopped up...so I cant make heads or tails of it.

13. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I like Tom Cruise more now that everyone thinks he is crazy. Before that I didn't find him as interesting. I hope he is happy.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

ditto.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I agree with orleander, his ideas are no more bizzare than most religions.

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well I can't watch a movie he is in anymore without going in my head, hmm Tom is learning to be a samurai...cool...Tom just screwed an asian lady ...cool. Tom is a scientologist, cool, wait what was his character's name again?

It is going to hurt his ability to perform in movies, in this manner.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

All THE WAY TO THE BANK!

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I've recently heard about this video, at first I couldn't believe it existed but then I saw some of the clips. All I can say is wow, I don't know what happened, when, or where but he's gone off the deep end completely. I can only imagine how his wife is coping with such bizarre ideas, god only knows what they'll be saying in 20 years (it's a new religion after-all). Tom is frightening, and while I have normal disdain for Christians of various sects I must say he is just about the scariest person I've seen (religious wise).

:L wanna pray for him?

19. John99 Banned Banned

What surprised me was how he stills looks good for his age. As long as he looks like that and sells movie tickets he can say whatever he wants. If he was living in a cardboard box saying those things he would be crazy.

Money, money changes everything.

20. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I think he's got too much time on his hand's,he's comparing acting and making films to defining reality and helping people.
    he's deluded.as long as it doesn't affect other people he can mow the lawn in a tu-tu for all i care:crazy::crazy:

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

come on he believes his soul is a dead alien

22. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

And?

23. blobrana Registered Senior Member