to vacinate or not to vacinate

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Asguard, Apr 26, 2009.

?

manditory vacination?

1. yes

63.2%
  2. no

31.6%
  3. other

2.6%
  4. dont care

2.6%
  1. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Well, next time you look at information on infection rates in vaccinated peopl versus non vaccinated people, you migyht want to try opening your eyes (assuming you have actually bothered looking any of this infomation up, rather than just taking the word of a few alarmist and clearly biased websites).

Oh, and congratulations on completely missing the point of the link to the page on Anaphalaxis. Read through "Laura's Story" again, and then read through the list of symptons (heck, compare the first sympton on the list to the first thing that happened on the way home).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scott3x Banned Banned

Be this as it may, the doctor should have told her that; the fact that she didn't points to the fact that there is a lot that doctors don't know about but should. Along that line of reasoning, there is lots of evidence that things like mercury, which is in many vaccines, is quite harmful to most people. I believe there some other toxic preservatives that are used as well. I recommend that you read naturopathic doctor John Matsen's book "Eating Alive II", to get a fuller picture on the issue.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

"naturopathic doctor" is an oximoron, though in the case of a naturopath i would drop the "oxi"

8. scott3x Banned Banned

It's not an oximoron, whatever you might think. Here's the beginning of what's on the back cover of his first book, Eating Alive:
    Dr. Jonn Matsen developed poor circulation in his fingers during his late teens that could have led to amputation. He began exploring health and healing. Dr. Matsen became a Chartered Herbalist in 1976. Later, in 1983, he graduated from the John Bastyr College of Naturopathic Medicine in Seattle, Washington. Since then he has operated the North Shore Naturopathic Clinic in North Vancouver, British Columbia.

He actually began to study as a normal allopathic doctor, but when he realized it wasn't helping him with his hands, he decided to learn more about alternative methods of treatment. This doesn't mean, however, that he forgot his allopathic training or that he doesn't use much of their research in his books; I can't remember if it was his second book or his third that had 100 pages of reference material. Anyway, you can, ofcourse, believe whatever you like as to whether he knows what he's doing or not, but I doubt you've read any of his books, let alone all 3 of them.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

not a chance, im done with the quacks (im mean real quacks not the nickname for a doctor). i surport evidence based health care and organisations like cochrane, not books written by loons and those who pray on the sick. that he used to be a real doctor before becoming a con man just makes it worse

10. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Asguard, I hate faith healers as much as you do, possibly more, but some alternative medicine has proven useful. Much appreciated on the stats, but it doesn't relate to how treatable the illnesses were in Australia. I think I'll likely have any future children vaccinated, but not without a helluva lot more research regarding how likely my allergies are to pass on.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

alternative meds are taught in pharmacy colleges here. More and more pharmacies do compounding involving herbal meds.

12. tuberculatious Banned Banned

Did you mean vaccinated?

13. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Good god man, have you read anything I've said?

How about you do some reading to get a fuller picture.

Oh wow. A doctor cocked up and missed some symptoms. Like that's never ever ever ever ever happened before, not once in the history of medicine. You know what? In my opinion, as i've already stated, Laura's mother cocked up as well, she states that she had that nagging feeling that something was wrong, but failed to act on it. I don't know about where you live, but here one of the first things that you get told in ante natal classes is that if you think that something's still wrong, even after talking to the healthline GO TO THE HOSPITAL.

But then, Laura's story is set 15 years ago WITH A VACCINE THAT IS NO LONGER USED

News flash for ya, it's something you could have found out for yourself if you had done a little bit of research instead of jumping on the emotive band-wagon: As of Summer 2001, Thiomersal - the mercury based preservative that was used in some, but not all vaccines (it's never been present in live vaccines) was stopped in the states in routine infant vaccinations, and the US is not the only country to make this move in spite of the fact that there is no evidence supporting the link between Thiomersal and Autism (in fact recent research suggests that Autistic Spectrum Disorders are related to a maternal immune response to the fetus).

So your objections on the grounds of Thiomersal are completely and utterly wholly without merit.

Even in countries that still use vaccinations with Thiomersal as a preservative, there are mercury free alternatives, should it be discovered that the infant is sensitive to Thiomersal.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

No shit.

I once very stupidly went to a herbalist for an unknown problem with my adrenal glands. (I know, I know...I didn't like the idea of going to a normal doctor and getting some drug with a whole lexicon of side effects...I would NEVER do that again). I was hyperactive all the time and having massive adrenaline rushes for no reason. Not just a little jolt but going really white and hyperventilating. I looked like I was on amphetamines. As disorders go, quite a fun one to have, but obviously I had to have it looked at.

She first decided it was my fault for listening to heavy metal all the time. Yup, she actually reckoned that the fast beat could be cranking up my levels to 'deranged girl on methedrine' proportions. Then that I must have been sexually abused. Seriously, she asked if I had any history of sexual abuse, then when I said no, she said 'But kids block it out, you know.' Fucking freak.

Happily, whatever the disorder was, I'm ok now.

15. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

One more nail - or, yet another reason why some of the emotive rhetoric being forwarded in this thread is simply wrong.

Firstly, Thiomersal allergies can be tested for.
    Secondly, it's not neccesarily the Mercury in the Thiomersal that has caused the problems.
    http://dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/thiomersal-allergy.html

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yeah, I wouldn't want to be the kid of some of the posters here.

17. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I can't work out if this is directed at me, or someone else :/

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

someone else

19. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Oh course I would vaccinate my kids, with the tried and true that have been used for a long time, Newer ones I might question it a bit. Like the swine flu vaccine

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I wouldn't want my kid to have that.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

CutsieMarie89

a) that is the most likly to become compulsery
    b) its made in the exact same way that the normal seasonal flu vacines are made, they were discussing it on the radio the other day and the company they interviewed was saying if it was needed urgently then what they would do is dump all the current seasonal vaciness and make this one exclusivly. If its slighly less urgent they would just add it as one of the strains in the normal seasonal flu vacine

21. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Vaccinations are compulsory, if you want your kid to interact with other kids (like go to school or daycare). I was talking about the vaccine for the Swine flu when it popped up in the 70s. It caused some sort of neurological disease. I think it's better to wait a vaccine out if it's brand new and give people time to discover what the side-effects might be before shooting my kid up with it. I did the same thing for myself when considering getting the cervical cancer vaccine. A little research never hurts.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

umm i dont know what power the CDC has in the US but in australia the Federal health act aparently confers almost unlimited power onto the Chief medical officer who can order that everyone in australia recive a manditory vacination in resonce to a decleration of a pandemic

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

There's a vaccine for swine flu?

I want it...