To spank or not to spank.???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

oth Neor In becamimg moor lik clue;lusshusnbund hepless me!

In actually I think you have just given up again by dropping the issue and not answering my points, if you want to consider this a winning and losing thing: then I have won, again.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Not at all... the winers are people who mite have read you'r absurdities an learned from them... my gole was jus to lead you along an you have esposed youself nicely... but i guess its perty much time to stick a fork in 'ya caus you seem about done... eh

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

What woud be the reason a parent shud feel bad aboout it.???

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

If you genuinely have to ask that question, seek professional help.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Sorry.!!!

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh do, come now eat me up!

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Why... you'r alredy "ate-up".!!!
    Bwaahahahhaah<-----------

A-Man.TTT

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh yeah baby that the way I like it! Mind if I give you a golden shower while we are at it?

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

On a positive note... you'd be perfect as an instructer at 1 of those military schools you recomend that all children shoud be sent to... on the downside... they'd prolly grow up to be almos as messed-up as you are... lol.!!!

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I would think they would grow up to become great people: generals, politicians, federal officers... jesus what am I saying those people are awful!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  14. Cortex_Colossum Banned Banned

Spank only when necessary and not in a harmful way. As a means of nudging the child on a respectful path.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I suspect that if you feel bad about the way you'r raizin you'r kid... its prollly a clue that you know you'r messin up.!!!

I suspect that nudgin the child on a respectful path wit-out hittin 'em woud be less harmful.!!!

16. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

But don't parents sometimes feel bad about many of the interactions they have with their children, wishing they perhaps had said or done something else? Punishment equates to some sort of harm otherwise it wouldn't be much of a punishment.

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I don't know if that's true. A child could call the police on you if you hit them, but as a child they don't have certain rights that adults do. It's against the law to hold someone against their will, yet parents won't let their children leave their rooms when their grounded. It's against the law to take things from people without their permission, but people take their kids' stuff away all of the time. It's illegal for the police to search your bag or car without permission or a warrant, but they do random searches of kid's lockers and backpacks all of the time without the child's permission. No one makes you go to work, but if a child doesn't show up for school the truant officer comes a knocking. So yes it's legal to steal from, detain, and disregard the privacy of your child until their 18.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    I suspect that if you feel bad about the way you'r raizin you'r kid... its prollly a clue that you know you'r messin up.!!!

I suspect that nudgin the child on a respectful path wit-out hittin 'em woud be less harmful.!!!

I emagine so.!!!

I agree... an all the mor reason for the less "punishment" the beter.!!!

My parents never spanked slaped grounded screamed took my stuff away lectured or gave me a time out... lol... an i wasnt a perfect kid but we was a family that respected each other.!!!

We didnt have a tv until i was about 8 or a car until i was about 15... but we lived wit-in our means an didnt owe money escept for payments on the $5ooo 2 bedroom very decent house.!!!

All this punishmetn crap is jus that... crap from ignerent stressed-out time-straped parents who dont even know what "family" is.!!!

19. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I disagree. Without punishment no one can learn anything. Perhaps punishment for you was more subtle but it was punishment none the less. Even if it was just your parent's disappointed tone that bothered you. Thus making children like you or myself easy to punish, but children who don't give a rat's behind about their parents feelings probably won't take a "Please don't do that, sweetie" very seriously. So in order to change that behavior it must be paired with something the child doesn't like. As a parent finding out what those things are and to what extent to use it are the difficult parts I assume. At the daycare center we're only allowed to give time outs, lectures, and threaten to call parents. Works for some kids not for others. :shrug:

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

oK... then i was punished by parents.!!!

Like when i recked the family car on my birfday... the 5(?) minute discusson dad had wit me about it was how to resolve the issue an that was it... he alredy knew i felt bad but his "punishment" made me feel immediately beter

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I thank the bes lesson i learned from that was to treet my loved 1 wit respect when she screws up an to work as a team to resolve the issue... an i get the sam respect from her when i screw up.!!!

If kids dont care about ther parents i thank its perty much the fault of the parents.!!!

Im sure it will be dificult for those parents... who are proven screw-ups at rasin children... but im guessin mos of 'em will figer it out soom enuff the instent gratificaton that coms from whippin ther bad little kids who jus dont seem to appreciate an respect them for som reason.!!!

Under those circumstances thats prolly about the bes you can do... but woud you also like to whip the ones that stuff dont work on???... anyhow... when i did "day-care" for the 2 year old little girl for 6 mounthes... ther was never a need for a lecture time-out or a threat... an i was mentaly draned by the end of the day but she got my full attenton while she was in my care.!!!

21. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

lol i thought this was a thread about wanking.

22. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I don't think parents can make their children empathetic. I think it's a personality trait.

And weren't you lucky to only have to deal with one child. Instead of 15+ at the same time. You didn't have to deal with the many disputes that break out between children with different personalities and points of view. The words of one child that offends another. Getting carried away when playing and throwing stuff or hitting other kids. Older kids torturing the younger one's. Kids with social disorders like ADHD, can be a real handful to work with. Some kids are really good kids, some are good at home and a terror at the center, some are the opposite. Like I said before and still firmly stand by as I have yet to see otherwise, all children are individuals and one method of discipline or learning or whatever does not work best for every child out there. Some kids don't need much attention some kids need more than you can give, I really think it's a case by case basis.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

CutsieMarie89,

I explained that on the first page and he did not get it, what going to make him get it now?