To hell with that thread...

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Randwolf, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

We, (I) need a place to tell everyone (not you Enmos, I know you moderate this board)

to fuck off!

I have seen so many threads "go south" because of inattention that I had to mention it. Yes, this is probably leading to a ban, but I'm sick of it. Don't even bother asking which threads, because I will refuse to reply. Not that anyone cares... The hell with it all...

So what does make a thread deserving to "go to hell" (cesspool)? Any old person's whim? Whatever...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Personally, I just delete threads that have no meaningful content.
    I close any threads that are not deemed appropriate (anymore) but are not meaningless in content.
    I guess the Cesspool is there to put these closed threads, so they don't appear in the forums, where they are inappropriate, anymore.
    The rule is that threads in the Cesspool are closed, by the way.

If you don't mind I'll move this to 'SF Open Government'.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Thanks, Enmos. If any thread should be cesspooled, it would be this one.

Teach me to post when I've been drinking..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So thanks again, the reference was to a thread on an entirely different sub-forum - I was just pissed.

It is regrettable that the cesspool threads are closed per "norm", they used to be left open, and it was kind of fun. Sometimes.

Why are they all closed now?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, they aren't.

Actually, I don't remember what reason was given for closing the threads that are sent to the Cesspool. But it's probably because they were sent there for a reason

8. draqon Banned Banned

Please be court-full and act in a dignifying manner Randwolf.

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

10. draqon Banned Banned

Pinwheel, no need to eccentriate on daunting subjects of this matter.

11. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

What? :shrug:
    (In English, please)

12. draqon Banned Banned

Pinwheel please do not highlight the curses as they may and will most likely cause other people to curse as well. Do not focus on the bad parts of our nature but focus and show to others to good within us. The acceptance.

13. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I think he meant:

14. draqon Banned Banned

Pinwheel no that is not what I meant and you know it. So, please do not quote the cursing.

15. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Yeah, Pinwheel, Draq has a thing about cussing. I would have put something in the title to warn his virgin eyes away (wait, that's not true anymore, right draq?), but this was split from another thread by a moderator.

And, Draq, as well as others, apologies for posting whilst imbibing alcoholic beverages...

16. draqon Banned Banned

Wow randwolf...I am honored that you are stepping on the path of heavenly goodness. I appreciate and honor your understanding in this matter on cursing and whatnot.

17. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Care for a shot of Potato juice on me? (Vodka - often made from potatoes - 'case ya didn't know - that's what did me in last night...)

18. draqon Banned Banned

I don't drink alcohol.

19. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Keep it up. I'm in love.

20. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Awwww..... :shy::wave:

21. draqon Banned Banned

dude, I am straight.

22. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

I categorically object to deleting threads based on perceived "merit". A thread should never be deleted, with the only exception being spam.

I am sure that the threads creator, and anyone who took their time to respond to said thread didn't think they were being "meaningless". Free Thoughts is free thoughts, and anything that doesn't categorically belong in Free Thoughts (Human Science, Politics, Religion etc. that belong in other categories) should be moved to the correct forum. If you think the thread is trash, then it should go to the cesspool, not just deleted outright. If you delete it, they have no room for appeal and can't repost it because that is against forum rules.