To all atheists and non-believers

Discussion in 'Comparative Religion' started by timojin, Mar 29, 2016.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

Don't you have the same thing conflict about the universe theory ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Although, if I dare say, Billy T seems to have arrived at the same conclusion as you. To wit:
    i.e: "Truth" isn't.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I think so too. I may not have stated it clearly enough.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PaulJames Banned Banned

Science is based upon the senses. The Con-sci-ous opposes the pre-ci-ous. Simple: Pro's or Con's (Fore or again-st.) If something is pre-ci-ous "ci" may be removed, since it is be-fore this. S(ci)ence or sence. It is not a coincidence that something may be considered "precious" if it is previous to sensory stimulation.

According to common understanding there are only five senses: sight, sound, touch, taste and smell. Simply it is how we recognize the universe. However I believe in a sense of humour, a sense of balance, and I'm quite sure there must be an infinite number of senses.

I'm sure es-sence has relevence also.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Misplaced. Belongs in the Free Thoughts forum.

9. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

From Beer/Straw Post #4
    I once read an article about the Unicorns frolicking in the rain while the other animals boarded the ark.

It might have been a song rather than an article.

Hence: The unicorns all drowned.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Hence the reference to the Irish Rovers' Unicorn

The ark started moving, and it drifted with the tide,
    And the unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried.
    And the waters come down and sort of flooded them away,
    That's why you never seen a unicorn to this very day.

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

You are correct in that there are more than 5 senses ie balance yes, humour no but nice idea, pressure yes, position yes. Look in any good medical text book for the long technical names for all the senses. Don't believe in an infinite number though.
    Michael nurse, midwife, safety officer. Retired

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I think sometimes 'senses' is over-applied. Some are secondary, derived from other, primary, senses.

Balance, I would say, is a primary sense - it informs one about a relationship with the external in a way no other sense can.
    Not so sure about pressure. Seems to me that is subsumed by the sense of touch, which is sensitive to heat, cold, pressure and pain. Could you feel pressure if, for example, your entire skin were numbed?

On the other hand, if one wants to be generous, one could argue that pressure can be directly sensed by the sinus cavities.

Sens of humour is not a biophyscial sense though. Different meaning of the word 'sense'.

But I digress.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Balance Agree.

Pressure is discreet from touch, heat and cold (temperature), pain ie you would hardly call being brushed by a feather pressure. If entire skin numbed you would be in dire straits and may only feel heavy pressure from nerves embedded in muscle. Pressure from sinus cavities normally causes pain and not sensed as pressure.

Sense of humour sadly lacking by the man upstairs. Although we have the funny bone which is neither funny or a bone. Is that his sense of humour or is he being ironic?