Tired light

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by kaneda, Nov 5, 2007.

1. naszvadi Registered Member

Maybe in your modell it is true.
    but only if you imagine a standing photon, when it burns from any fenomenon, and afterthen it should be speed up to lightspeed

instead imagine, that the photon births in lightspeed, i.e. you should not speed up it

no rest-photon

What is the light?
    The light is that, what moves with lightspeed!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

The Gluon moves at lightspeed, but it doesn't make it a photon.

I can tell you are foreign, and most probably young, so i shall have infinite patience with you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

There is no imagination required, just a basic understanding of EM radiation. Pardon me, but you are displaying very strongly that you either didn't pay much attention in school or didn't go very far with your studies.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. naszvadi Registered Member

I have not stated only if.

Thanks!

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Well, ''only if,'' won't work, because your model would collapse all of known physics.

9. naszvadi Registered Member

You are right, a different modell should be different.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Which Country are you posting from?

11. naszvadi Registered Member

See in my profile, please!
    This does not belong to the theme, Ithink.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

O'k... i will.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

What have you studied in this area...?

14. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Reiku. To me, time is change. Since a photon can change in a number of ways, it can experience time.

15. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

naszvadi. I don't think the light in this case bends otherwise we would have very blurred images.

Photons don't have mass but they can exert an impact, losing some energy in the process. It is recognised that anything with mass cannot reach light speed.

16. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

naszvadi. This thinking of photons as particles confuses people. If you think of a photon as a wave, then you know waves do not have mass. A wave can hit a sea wall and bounce off with a loss of energy which is transferred to the wall as a physical force. If a sea wave heads into a shallow area, it becomes more powerful as it is squeezed. Photons are similar in that the smaller they are, the more energetic they are.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No photons have momentum but no mass.

18. Reiku Banned Banned

As i've explained though, time is relative. Just because we (who do experience time) see a photon undergo changes doesn't take away the fact that for the photon it doesn't experience an iota of time, because its atomic clock does not tick.

19. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Reiku. How do you define "time" in this sense?

20. Reiku Banned Banned

Time is an illusion, I suppose. It is only those that move and experience events below ''c'' that seem to get caught up in the moments... even exceeding ''c'' allows a traveller (such as a Tachyon) experiences absolute imaginary time, oscillating throughout the time dimension.

21. naszvadi Registered Member

But it bends, (this was observed yet) and you are right: the images are blurred.
    This is why we see a totally blurred image from very distant objects, this image is the CMBR.

22. naszvadi Registered Member

You are right: nothing with nonzero mass can be speeded up to light-speed.
    But - photons birth with light-speed, i.e. you should not speed it up!

23. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Incorrect on both counts. The bending of the light beam does not blur it at all. And Cosmic Background Radiation is in the microwave band and does not/cannot interfere with visible light.