Timeless GR

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by BlackHoley, Apr 9, 2014.

1. BlackHoley Banned Banned

I actually said, several times, there is no global time in general relativity. It's clear I am talking to someone who doesn't have the first clue what that means. The irony... calling me ignorant. This is a joke, surely?

No one could be so pig headed in their statements.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BlackHoley Banned Banned

I'm putting you on block, because at least the other posters manage to attempt an intelligible discussion. You're full of hate.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

BlackHoley
    Typical Crank behavior. Similarly, Farsight is known for being unable to face opposition to his woo as well. Your own statements define what you are. And I taught this stuff for 30+ years to similar brains full of mush. But you are right, I don't like Cranks at all. I had to work hard for years to get my understanding, they just post whatever pops into their head. While you can do that all you like while swimming in the cesspool, you don't get a free pass here. You'll soon have almost everyone on ignore at this rate(some of the other Cranks will probably survive, however).

Grumpy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. brucep Valued Senior Member

He's another sock puppet of Reiku + his other banned incarnations. The fantasy math troll.

8. BlackHoley Banned Banned

It isn't opposition, it's just attack, baseless attacks. And you know it's baseless, because I have plenty papers which affirm what I have said. If this is just a ploy to somehow get me to react, it won't work.

9. BlackHoley Banned Banned

There isn't a sentence in your regurgitated hate speech which is free from ad hominems.

10. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

What is the most recent banned incarnation? Undefined?

11. BlackHoley Banned Banned

To Paddo,

You remember continuously telling me to write a paper..? I will tell you what, I will write a paper, I will post it here and see how it is responded by the public. If it responds well, even with constructive criticism, I will take it to get published in a journal.

Deal?

12. BlackHoley Banned Banned

This will be a total theory of relativistic space by the way, not a ''theory of everything,'' but... it will pave a way and offer suggestions to a theory of gravity.

13. brucep Valued Senior Member

Two different trolls. Reality Check aka undefined is the obfuscation troll [that should ring a bell for you] and Reiku, Trapped_light, Trapped, nightshade, nightshift, nightshift2, Incognito [Black Holey, probably spellbound] are the Fantasy math troll. It's easy to 'detect' Reiku. You can expect him right back. He has to reaffirm the nonsense he spewed as the last sock puppet. This time he tried to assert, with his usual attempt at authority [big part of his troll], 'that fields and particles are the same thing'. Right after his last sock puppet incarnation made that same assertion which Id debunked. Right after I mentioned the FLRW models the time coordinate as a global comoving proper frame he starts a thread where he claims there's no such thing as time much less a way to model a global time coordinate in GR. Look at what Bells logged when he banned the sock puppet Incognito. I makes me wonder if there isn't some way we can help the ban stick. Like everybody put the 'integrityless' on ignore?

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No I don't contradict myself.
    I have also said your weird interpretations, your pedant and rhetorical play with words, and the need to start a thread entitled as you have, is done to get a raise out of people.
    For the umpteenth time, time is an inexorable part of the Universe we live in, and GR describes that Universe.
    It would also by necessity apply to any other model of the Universe, including a static one.

You need to revise your Interpretation to align with the mainstream thinking, because your's does not.
    Also worth noting, somewhere up there, you mentioned Max tegmark in your little trolling game, indicating support for your stance.
    That was not correct. I have heard Max speak of time as real and he has no trouble in using it in a GR context.
    What that says for your other claims, I'll let others figure out.

15. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Oh I am not going through it any more. My thread has been hijacked, forget it.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You are????
    Excuse me... :worship: [tic mode on of course]

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, you have just been shown to be a fraud.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

We can feel time.

19. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Well... we can sense it... but it's a pseudo-sense... it's not a true physical sense, as in touch, for instance. It's a sense based on psychology alone.

20. BlackHoley Banned Banned

No it means I don't need to put up with accusations. If you want to discuss the thread fine, stop attacking me.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Wrong...Entropy is just a direction in time...an arrow of time if you like......

22. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Paddo, there is no arrow of time, because there are no true order of events in relativity. This is due to the relativity of simultaneity. Read about it please and educate yourself.

The arrow of time is a very abused topic in physics, especially by Brian Greene. His view actually is very like yours... he popularizes spacetime as fundamental and that's about as deep as it goes. Doesn't actually go into any depth about any pressing subjects about relativity and its treatment of time.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Many scientific papers are published which claim theoretical rubbish. I have shown you two already.

And it is not a well known fact that GR has no time. In actual FACT, that statement is rather stupid, since time is inexorably linked to space and the Universe and which GR describes.

Now rethink your statement about who needs re-education.