Timeless GR

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by BlackHoley, Apr 9, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Among the many scientists/cosmologists that are of the view that time is inexorably linked to the Universe and GR is of course the notable Kip Thorne.
    Other's are Sir Martin Rees [Astronomer Royale] and Mitch Begalman.
    How do I know that?
    I have the Book by Thorne entitled Black Holes and Time Warps, and another co-authored by Rees and Begalman, entitled "Gravity's Fatal Attraction"
    Both books feature discussions on BH's and GR, and both use and reference time profusely.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

How do I know that?
    I have the Book by Thorne entitled Black Holes and Time Warps, and another co-authored by Rees and Begalman, entitled "Gravity's Fatal Attraction"
    Both books feature discussions on BH's and GR, and both use and reference time profusely.

Not quite you stupid popularisers now are they?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, they know you are a troll.
    Simple as that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Yes but many errors in this way of thinking has been exposed, I have exposed several problems with this way of thinking. It doesn't make it wrong per se, because trust me, the idea of space and time being fundamental is almost universally agreed by most layman, however most scientists are still stuck in the Newtonian view of time which they carry on for some reason.

Time however, has had holes poked in it since the unification of space-time. There are even more notable names than even Kip who have explained, profusely that time probably isn't a fundamental characteristic of the world... such as Dirac.

So I raise your Kip Thorne with a Dirac.

8. BlackHoley Banned Banned

I accept your Kip Thorne and raise you Dirac, who said time wasn't a fundamental part of space.

We can play this game all day. Mine will always be better.

9. BlackHoley Banned Banned

I have replied to this thread three times now, I don't know why the posts don't show.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, no, no, no evidence at all...Just opinions. And one I refute...Max tegmark.
    I have heard him speak of time, GR many times.
    So that doesn't say too much for the rest of your links.

12. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Let me get this right... you think these papers submit... opinions...????

LOL! You're a real jewel of a troll. If you think papers are not evidence against, then you have some serious problems understanding physics.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So you are playing games?
    That was quite evident when you started the thread, and is something that we see as evident in many alternative theorists threads......

All you are doing is revealing what I have already told you...The subject is a matter of interpretation at least.
    At best, time obviously is real and exists.

14. BlackHoley Banned Banned

You clearly want to play a game of whose the best authority. Appealing to authority, I have a whole list of famous names that you could never keep up with.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So you also support Plasma/Electric Universe theory?
    I've seen papers on that, and many other discarded ideas.
    Now who is trolling?

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's OK, you are not convincing me, and I would say not others either.
    Cosmology in the first instant is based on evidence. You have shown none.
    On the contrary we have plenty of evidence for time.

Now if you were really serious, you would write a paper on your weird thoughts, and get it peer reviewed.
    That's the obvious thing to do, as you are convincing no one here and the mainstream opinion still stays as is. :SHRUG:

17. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Oh so you speak for others now? So what was the give away? Because none of them have came in to correct me... and no one comes in to stick up for your assertions either. Your delusional view of this discussion is going to new levels.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

19. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Weird doesn't make it wrong... it most likely makes it right. You see, you think physics can be summed up with Occams Razor, I don't know how many times you have used Occams Razor ''as a framework'' for discussing physics... which says everything about how you view physics. Physics is not simple and in fact it is very very weird.

20. BlackHoley Banned Banned

21. BlackHoley Banned Banned

The problem of time, is a real area of study paddo. It's not something physicists just made up over night to destroy your simple view of spacetime.

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I have already told you...They see you as a troll.......
    And of course we were all ignoring such a blatant provocative thread anyway that was started to get a raise out of the mainstream scientists.....I mean you posted the first 6 or 7 posts yourself before I came in.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I accept that. I don't accept it has been decided though, as you want us to believe.