Time Travel is Science Fiction

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Farsight, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

That's not grammar, dumbkopf, That's spelling and punctuation. However, how could you possibly know when you only have two PhDs and I have 15.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yep, a lot seem to resort to that grammar policing when they have nothing else to offer.
    I used to have one chasing me all over the forum on anything at all.
    Landau is another who has me on ignore [Oh the pain of it all!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

] and I have suspicions just hypothetical at this stage of the game, that it may be undefined.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

cute. more elementary level comments.
    can you show more of what you do not understand ?
    for example, look up the word grammar.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

yeah.
    it's like when there's a super hero and a sidekick that continuously attempts to impress the super hero.
    then the super hero denies that and the side kick turns to revenge.
    but the side kick is never at the same level of the super hero so ends up failing.

8. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Oh, so one of your PhDs is comic book lit.

If you weren't such an arrogant ignoramus, you would know that all I want to see is you contributing your 'alleged' knowledge to these pages rather than your constant sniping and condescending comments to one and all. You said you used to contribute? Then the burden of proof is yours. Give us a link to some of your past, brilliant contributions to SciForums. Me, I make no such claims. My only claim is that you're a small-minded sociopath. The proof to my claims can be seen in 98 % of your posts. Good bye.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  9. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

This still Physics & Math?

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No it does not say time does not exist [because they knew even then that time did exist] and saying it exists just like heat, is just Farsight's view on the subject, [and that does have many existing problems] but even if that were true, it is still real.
    :Sit on a hot stove for a minute and it will seem like an hour: Sit with a hot blonde for an hour, and it will seem like a minute:
    That's relativity.

If we really look at the facts, these physicists you so insidiously write off as "celebrity physicists" have in most cases already achieved fame for the work they have done.
    Previously of course you denigrated Hawking and Thorne....Is this just some childish petty jealously thing with you?
    Is it because they have succeeded in their lifetime dreams in science, while you have failed and are infesting the only places that will have you? [science forums]
    And even some of these have permanently banned you for your apparent arrogance and constant nonsensical trolling.
    You really need to take a long hard look at yourself Farsight, and all you claim, along with why you claim it.
    The first step in that exersise naturally enough is doing what that professor told you to do...Learn some GR.

11. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

I apologize, I just am weary of Krash breaking into threads just to tell us how ignorant we all are in comparison to him although he never deigns to tell us how we err, just that we do, and he never does. Note, I already said 'goodbye' above, so if Trash661 has anything more to say I hope it will be the sweet wisdom of his superior mind... but I doubt it.

12. Farsight

Anyway, like I was saying in the OP, time travel is science fiction because the thing we call time is nothing more than a cumulative measure of motion. You can't move through that, not even forwards:

"You must have seen some movie or TV program where somebody has a device that can stop time. Did you notice that the gizmo doesn’t so much stop time as stop motion? It’s the same kind of deal with bullet time. It’s not time going slower. It’s bullets going slower. Or just hold your hands up. See that gap between them? That's a space, and you can see it’s there, even though you can't see the space itself. Now waggle those hands. That's motion, and you can see that too. But can you see time? No. Can you see time flowing? No. Can you see any actual travelling through time? No."

And Julian Barbour kind of agrees with that. See his comments and his essay that came up on the other thread.

13. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

Can you please show us how to do a physics problem using only a cumulative measure of motion?

And remember, we're still waiting for you to give us an example of a crystal using Farsight-physics.

14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

i once posted this below to another. but as obvious as it is, this fits you also.
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/time-travel-is-science-fiction.143117/#post-3245296
    your ranting and raving about hooked on phonics is getting old. if this is all you're capable of [which appears so], i suggest hanging out in the linguistics forum.
    stardave,it would be nice if you stop feeding your jealousy for me.
    your kung fu is weak

15. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

I posted this earlier but with a quoted post above for reference, it may be more to the point.

You could take your own advice and move the you comments.., somewhere else.

16. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

what, i'm confused. you're scolding me in a subtle way for you doing the same as you just mentioned ?

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

No, this is just Farsight's latest "theory of everyone else is wrong." Now with more noise!

brucep likes this.
  18. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

Yes! But my use of an off topic comment, about your discussion with another, involving nothing but personal insults, was not a personal attack on you, it was an agreement with your post suggesting that your conversation should be taking place somewhere else! ... Other than the Physics & Math forum.

19. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

I believe it is clear I have problems with Farsight's interpretations... And others likely have difficulty with many of mine or at least the way I present them.

So yes the comment would be appropriate for the Farsight diversion in this thread, but was actually intended as a hint, that the personal conflict unrelated in any way to any interpretation of Physics & Math, was and is even more irritating than Farsight's hogwash!

And yes as one of the participants in that personal mud slinging points out, my comments aren't about Physics & Math either... Just initially a light handed way of attempting to say cool down.

20. Farsight

I'm talking physics here, not hogwash. Now start talking physics, or beat it.

21. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

true...
    i understand. next time, don't attempt to lie[attempt to justify your actions]. you know that was a hypocritical post.

22. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

what ever you need to tell yourself.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure it's Sci/Fi at this time, but who knows, 100 years down the track....or 200 years, or maybe a 1000 years. In fact it is a fact that the fact is that the laws of physics and GR do not forbid time travel, so then logically, any sufficiently advanced civilisation could achieve it.
    To deny those facts Farsight, is to dwell in continued Ignorance.