Tiassa, Metaphor, and the Limits of Personal Attack

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Myles, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Ahhh, the kid that can neither spell or punctuate. Get a grip, dude! I've never once used terms on you like the ones he used on me. In fact, I've NEVER accused anyone of being a bigot or sexist.

I'll give YOU the same challenge I gave Tiassa - find ANY of my posts where I did such, OK?

Now... put up or shut up!!!!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i'm sorry i usually refrain from arguing with the unreasonable and those who wish to inflict standards upon people with out meeting them their selves. Is that really all you got; i cannot spell very well and my grammar is poor. People usually do that when they know their full of s**t.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

That's bullshit considering you've repeatedly argued with sandy and Read-Only even after they both said your grammar and spelling are appalling. So please, save the "oh poor me, i can't type" spiel and actually point out the instances where Read-Only personally attacked you in ways similar to Tiassa's alleged personal attacks.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i refuse to post evidence because of a time when i asked him to provide proff for his claims and he refused. I'll provide my evidence for my claims when he gives evidence for what i asked for.

8. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Stop trying to shove this issue into another pet issue of your own. This is about personal attacks. You made an accusation, back it up. If anything, assuming you're claims have any basis, it'd be best for you if you did.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i show people the same respect they show me. it is unimportant to me because i really don't care what people say about me but i don't like it when people accuse people of doing things when they themselves could be seen as guilty of what they are accusing people of.

10. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

If you really didn't care, you wouldn't be posting in this thread regarding the issue.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you would think that wouldn't you but you would be wrong.

12. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

I would only think that and be wrong if you were a liar. Stop running away from the issue. Please back up your claims of Read-Only's alleged-Tiassa-level personal attacks.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

never did i say they were of the same caliber. to me an attack is an attack weather minor or major. like i said i dislike people doing things and then bitching when the same is done to them.

14. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Why didn't you say that as a response to his post then? As opposed to dishonestly alluding to the idea that he had.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

sorry i usualy only get into debate people who know me well. i tend to skip steps in explaning my logic some time when i'm think fast. most people who know my know that and can tell what i mean by infering what left out.

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

You continue to say that - yet you show NO proof of it. The truth is that you cannot because no such posts exists.

Are we therefore to conclude that you are simply a liar? It would seem so.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

as i told ashura i'll show my proof when you show proof from where i asked for and not a damn second sooner. see i can be an even bigger jerk than you.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Well, that's pretty silly! When you make a post here you are inviting everyone to debate you - do you not understand that??? And just exactly who here "knows you well???"

The real fact is that your thoughts - and style of writing - are so muddled and confused that sometimes it's nearly impossible to tell what you are trying to say. It should be obvious to you, as it is to everyone else, the the person speaking (or typing) is the one that has the responsibility to make him/herself clear - it's not the responsibility of the reader to assume what is NOT said.

19. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

What're you? 12? If not, prove us wrong, be the bigger man, and actually point out the offending posts in question.

Otherwise, since you seem intent on continuing some other debate between you and Read-Only, do it on a different thread. Why don't you go make one and ask for Read-Only's reply there?

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Oh, we never doubted you could be a jerk! But you aren't getting off the hook by trying to shove it back on me. YOU made the accusation here, kid, and like I said, put up or shut up! You're not going to weasel-worm your way out of this.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

don't ever call me kid again. third time you have made a comment to me that suggests you think your better than me because your older than me. My reason for not showing proof is simple. You act as if your such an adult yet you have refused repeated attempts by me to get you to prove your claims, while implying i was childish. So i have decided to show you how it fucking feels since you would not listen to logic or reason. Its annoying isn't it.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Gentlemen, we're here to attack Tiassa, not each other.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i'm just explaining my reasons.