Throwing fits and insulting people

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by MetaKron, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

We are slightly off the road.

So, here's the smaller picture...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:wave:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Frud11 Banned Banned

Well, that's one site (SFN) I won't bother with again... very dogmatic and ignorant ranters. Keep note in book: "do not engage on science, will have BS thrown at you."
    For a site with the word Science on it, they do all seem (apart from one or two posters who appear to actually know what they're talking about) to be pretty lost on it.

Just called them all a bunch of idiots and got banned.
    Told 'em that knowing enough to hold a job didn't mean they understood anything about real science.

Some of these pseudo-scientist idiots try to tell me stuff like: "entropy is not change", and "Boltzmann entropy can't be used as a measure of uncertainty", well duuh. Tried pointing out to this pseudo dude that he had it all wrong -thermodynamics isn't the eqn. to use, there are a few more.

Never mind, eh. Just a little concerned that these wankers are going to tell students who don't know better, a whole load of BS. What can ya do, huh?

Fuckssake. Just read the 'aftermath' of my brain explosion at SFN
    There's this total science fuckwit who said all he or any of his science-buddy fuckups have to do is find an example of entropy that 'doesn't change', get the fuck outta here.

The reason I spose I got the boot from that little dress-up dollies, is this prick. I posted something about stored light pulses, and got into a stoush with him and "everyone". About Entropy being change (or a measure of change). These fuckheads all appear to think that's wrong. How about you?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Frud11 Banned Banned

I really, really have to say this:
    One of the not so good things about SFN and similar public "Science" forums, has to be the group mentality that appears, and the way justifications and judgements get made according to whatever dogma ensues. Sure, keep the idiots out -with only some success, I feel. Being idiotic, precious or neurotic yourself, though, just looks pathetic (to everyone who sees it, I would say). Calling someone names, then "excommunicating" them for responding in kind, is even more pathetic.
    But then, you dudes have something to protect, at all costs, right?
    I wonder what you think it is?
    If they're really idiots, they won't know what to do about circumventing any proscriptive measures applied by "The Bored". You know, like some people do.
    Also, "i" find the preciousness a bit off-putting -quibbling about "not properly" quoting someone else's stuff looks completely childish. I do not plagiarise stuff and present it as my own thinking.
    Except for all that stuff in those books I read, and everything I've ever been told, or seen, or heard. Pretty much everything I know, I suppose has been shamelessly ripped from others' ideas.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

*tsk tsk*

8. Frud11 Banned Banned

Some of that post up there ended up at SFN, presumably whoever did the ghosting thought someone should see it. Wonder if there's a subconscious purpose at play there?

I've still got plenty to say about that site, and a couple others. Wonder if they (or anyone) will pay any attention, or if they think I care if they do or not? I intend to at least post some sort of warning sign about SFN, and hypography (which appears to suffer from the same sort of "ship of fools" syndrome, that groupthink delivers). Phys and Math forum has a bit of a problem with arrogance ("we're all scientists, you can't argue with us, or we'll just say you're wrong and close any of your threads, we don't like anything "too speculative"). Pack of pricks.

It has occurred to me that after posting stuff for months (on SFN), effectively "blogging", because there were zero responses, offering assistance to posters wanting help, thinking I was "on-side" with them, that it all turned to shit as soon as I came up against the "troll-syndrome". This particular aphorism is usually "thrown" when someone has little else to defend their position. It's a defense mechanism against having to try to actually defend an opinion.

The thrower only needs to imply something, and "you're it". Like playing a kid's game of tag, with a bunch of little shits who cheat all the time. So I can conclude that any attempt to communicate (at all) with these children was a total waste of time. I posted lots of drek, but although it was getting read, no-one appeared to want to comment, until, perhaps, they decided it was time to confront me, or something. There's a "core" of tight-arsed idiots who think they have the "right stuff". Say what? Some are ok, you can converse with them, you just really need to watch out for the "initiates" who seem to think they walk on hallowed ground, or some bloody ridiculous-looking thing.

They wanted to "test" something; I got chucked off of that particular bus because they decided my ticket had expired, is about the only logical thing that occurs to me. An example of arbitrary decision-making by a group of kids who think they're all grown up.

P.S.
    Here's the guts of a "conversation" I had with some arrogant asshole at Phys & Math (quote marks added by myself):

Are you all just responding with ideas that have been put there out of some book, or that you heard someone say? /me

It almost pains me to have to explain this to you, but many of our staff (including Moonbear) are professional scientists, who work every single day to ["]advance mankind's knowledge of the world["].

In analogy, you're arguing with Henry Ford about how to manufacture automobiles. /him

As much as it pains me to tell you this, you could all be guys who work at 'Wal-Mart', or the local gas-station, fixing those Fords.
    If you really think that I must "really think" something, based on the minimal exchange of ideas to date, you must do a lot of thinking about what other people think that appears, on the face of it, somewhat irrational; perhaps even pointless. Interesting. And you say you don't work at a Wal-Mart? /me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i think people feal free to say what they want over a board, if some of the people said what they did in a bar they wouldve got a smack

10. WANDERER Banned Banned

AH Lucysnow, you're such a classy bitch.

11. Ripley Valued Senior Member

What's this??? Where's Satyr???

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

look up, moron.

13. WANDERER Banned Banned

He's been replaced by his more Apollonian brother.

14. WANDERER Banned Banned

Wasn't that your ex gay lovers name?

15. Ripley Valued Senior Member

So you had a choice between using the Wanderer or Satyr avatar?

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Not my ex. My current.

17. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Oh I see; I have to click on threads starting from the top.

18. WANDERER Banned Banned

Tease....you know I don't like being exposed.