Three Claims of Uniformitarian Naturalism

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, May 27, 2020.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Religion is the threat, and yes, it does indeed threaten our way of life.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks Alex,

I would love to see a photo or two of your Observatory!

Is it for research, or for fun, or both?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I agree that Religion can indeed be and certainly has historically been a very serious threat to many. And has even been the direct cause of great evil as well.

Religion has been, and remains a great danger. Especially when it is also given military power.

Please God, may that never happen again!

An Ideology that is mandated or forced upon people against their will, also can have this same potential. At least in some cases.

Separation of Church and State is one of the Great founding principles of the United States.

And I am so thankful for it!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Isn't this more or less an established fact in any democracy?
    Certainly in Australia.

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I hope so.

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your interest.
    My interest is astrophotograghy and if you care to take the time you can see some of my efforts together with photos of my small observatory that I built myself that houses two scopes and the current roll off roof project.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/some-photos.162418/

Alex

10. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks, I will take a look!

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yet, here you are, a devoted theist, promoting, defending and supporting this 'serious threat-direct cause of great evil-great danger'. Clearly, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

12. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I have never promoted Religion, like the Roman Catholic Church, for example, which I generally regard as being wicked on many levels as an organization, or institution if you will.

I regard it as being historically evil in many ways. As a corruption of the message of Jesus Christ.

I am on your side and in agreement with you on that aspect.

At least I think that perhaps I might be?

Thanks!

13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Alex! WOW!!! Your photography of the Universe is truly Inspiring and Totally Awesome!!!

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, I understand you're oblivious to the one thing you do here, it's all part and parcel of your religious indoctrination.

Not being honest is another part of it.

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you but I have a long way to go but I will become very good at it in time.

I am working on some ideas that should take things to a new level...there are some computer things, solvable, and then I can show the world something special...plus a few dollars for more gear.

Alex

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you but I have a long way to go but I will become very good at it in time.

I am working on some ideas that should take things to a new level...there are some computer things, solvable, and then I can show the world something special...plus a few dollars for more gear.

Alex

17. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

The Catholic Church was all Christianity up to a short time back..you can not distance yourself from the Catholics Church...you may not like them but "they" are what you are about.

As I have mentioned..JC was one of many human gods and only came to fame because a certain Roman family created a model that they spread through out the world... Roman Catholic church...there is a reason for that..check the first saints.
    Family of the inventors.
    You propogate the lie..
    You do not understand yet but one day you will.
    Who would invented the god of the bible?
    Alex

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

We disagree on these things.

The New Testament events clearly predate the establishment of the “Roman Catholic Church.”

And both the Old and New Testaments can be used against the Church, easily showing, how corrupt it increasingly has become over the centuries.

You certainly know about the Reformation.

Their own holy text, the Bible itself, condemns them for the evils they have done.

Converted Jews wrote the gospels not the Romans. And the New Testament is not Roman sympathetic, or aligned with it in any way. That is why the Romans fought against Christianity and martyred so many of them. Christianity became a far greater threat to Roman power than Judaism ever was.

And also, numerous prophecies predicting the coming and sacrificial death of The Messiah in the Jewish Old Testament certainly predate the Roman Catholic Church by thousands of years.

Jews are even converting to Christianity today because of this very thing. I could give you examples if you wish.

So I find your view to be personally unconvincing.

No need to take my word for anything.

It would be best if you studied it for yourself.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Alex,

I gave you a clear and specific response to your claim that miracles never happen.

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/medical-miracles-9780195336504

The reference I provided, from OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS, contains the analysis of 1400 miracles by an Atheist Physician.

Would you consider investigating the reference I provided or not?

As I have said before, and as is self evident to all here...

All it would take is for just one such Miracle to be real, and Atheism is falsified.

My Dad really was healed by God. But I obviously cannot prove that to you, no matter what I do or say.

I love and respect my Dad, and will not serve his life up to be ridiculed, or character assassinated, or belittled in any way.

As evidence for my claim, I gave you 1400 miracles from normal everyday life to study if you wish. So you certainly do not need my Dad’s account anyway.

Do as you wish.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Yes they did ..they were working for the Roman family, that is how they were able to make everything fit.

Yes and they took them under their wing and went from trying to stamp them out to using it to control the empire....

Prophecy???
    Show me just one specific prophesy that is not open to countless interpretations.

Further these prophecies were made by the Jews and yet they don't see them as fulfilled by JC...hard to side step that issue don't you think?
    And I guess you never noticed JCs direction to only seek out Jews to preach to...why would he give such a direction?
    No Roman influence here..sure none at all.

What relevance is that..you have Jews becoming atheists I expect so what does that tell you?

I don't care but if you are keen you will find plenty to back up my "views" don't be an ostrich.

There were multiple human gods..all based on astrology or trying to fit the existing Sun worship..12 side kicks...12 constelations of the zodiac..
    Human god dieing and resurrected after 3 days...most human gods had this in their MO...just look at the Sun mid winter..appears to die but resurrected after three days...the star of Bethlehem..is Sirius..it lines up with the "Three Kings" following the star of Bethlehem where the Sun rises (born) on 24 th December...there is much more that puts it beyond doubt but you won't look into it because you are afraid that I am right..I am right..if JC was real and the Son of God why was he just one of many human gods all dieing and resurrected all having 12 side kicks..all born of a virgin...just think about it that...the plot is hopeless...

I won't..I think you maybe sincere but you won't face the facts or deal with this rationally..you claim this great creator has answered your prayers...really do you think if there was a creator he would listen to your appeal..anyways in studies it shows in fact prayers just do not change the numbers.
    And I guess no doctors involved?

I have studied it..way past the small region you concentrate upon.

I asked before.

Do you know who invented the god of the bible?...and do you know there is real evidence as to who invented that God?

Do you know where the flood story came from?

Do you know where the idea of Adam came from...and the garden?

Well you should and when you can answer those questions you won't be telling me to study this stuff I have...and more much more.

I give hints only and try to sound like a mug so you must find the history yourself.
    If you are a fool you won't listen if you are sincere you may just see if I am right...you could look into it and prove me wrong..fat chance but at least you would be seeking truth rather than hidding from it.

And if you keep your religion to yourself you won't get folk like me calling you out.

You live surrouned by similar folk and mistake that situation to reflect truth...but you can not ignore the history..British museum...and countless works on history of religion will Trump your ignorance of the facts each day every day...I don't know how you con yourself that some ancient book written by folk who did not know where the Sun went at night can hold any literal truths...why is the Johnna and the whale story in there..it is just wrong..gods inspiration..sure it is.

You can go to church and chat about your nonsense with likeminded folk but here you will be forced to face reality.

Again who invented the god of the bible?
    Why the parallel between the Sun dieing and being resurrrected...just coincidence no doubt..with all the human gods same as JC...just co incidence..it was a fad he was just another cult leader if he was at all real..son of god God and confined to such a small part of the world .some folk would think that odd..why was that? .who were the first saints..mmm same family who built the Kill u see..um..same who employed a certain Jewish historian...Joe someone
    Alex

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

This is the result as told by Lewis Black;

22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Well knock your self out..it is your claim..show the miracle and it's tie to god and you have us beat..but you can't..I am not interested in thousands I just want one... that can't be hard but as usual when we get specific you guys never have anything..just one ok.

I can understand that but you must understand if you are going to put it up you can not expect not to have the whole thing belittled..say you withdraw it and I won't say another thing..leave it on the table and claim it as evidence all belittling will be on your head...frankly I was surprised when I first saw you make that claim in public I thought it showed a total lack of respect on your part for your father's memory.

You avoid telling us if you took him to a church or hospital..either say it is off the table or answer that question.

I will respect you more if you withdraw your claim and ask us to forget you ever mentioned it...

All we need is one miracle does not have to be about your Dad.

Anyways as you claim miracles it is up to you to prove them..you can't say there is a list of 1400 you show they are wrong..you need to find one..it only takes one..having 1400 or 15,000,000 makes no difference..it's not a weight of numbers thing..it is about proving just one..give it your best shot.

Withdraw putting your families experience with your Dad for a start..that would be the decent thing to do and then give me one miracle and show why it is god given etc. It is not up to me to prove you are wrong it is for you to prove you are right...

You can't do it I know that but I will indulge your attempt.

And let's keep it fun..you sound a little down and I can understand it is not every day one must face reality and accept they have been wrong .
    But you can do it and remain happy...but you really want to think if you want to keep having me respond..it won't go well for you.
    Alex

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

One person writing a book doesn't equate to proof that something happened.

Physicians already know that person is an idiot and that none of those cases can be verified in any way.

There are no miracles that have ever been shown to be valid miracles.

Yet, you do all those things to your Dad when you lie about God healing him.

You are a liar and a fraud and you support an ideology that you even admit is dangerous and evil.

Have a good long look in the mirror and ask honestly how you can live with such a person.