Thoughtography

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by etherometer, Jun 28, 2014.

1. etherometer Banned Banned

How Ted Serios could have fooled Eisenbud?

If there is no way a fraud could have occurred, then,

Possibility n°1: The phenomenon is real, or

Possibility n°2: It is real, but exceptionally rare. Very few people possess psychokinetic ability

Eisenbud studied at Columbia College (B.A., 1929), Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons (M.D., 1934), and Columbia University (D.Med.Sc., 1939). In 1950 he became a professor of psychiatry at the University of Colorado Medical School and an attending psychiatrist at the U.S. Veterans Administration Hospital in Denver.

This digital collection contains all of the images produced during two experiment sessions at the Colorado Psychiatry Hospital in Denver, Colorado. The first session was held on October 4, 1964 and the second on January 2, 1965. Viewing the full run of images produced allows researchers to see the varied images that may have been created during one of the Eisenbud-Serios sessions including thoughtographs, "blackies" (underexposed images that are completely black), "whities" (overexposed images that are completely white), snapshots of the session room and/or attendees, and Serios himself, looking into the lens of the camera. Researchers can pull up the images from these two sessions by searching: C.P.H.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Or, If there is a way for the fraud to have occured, then,

Possibility 1, it was a fraud.

It is very easy for a person using a magicians trick to fool the most educated person, look at the fraud Uri Geller for instance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. etherometer Banned Banned

Geller fooled atomic physicist John Hasted? Or Hasted knowing Geller is a fraud, published a 'serious' book to fool buyers and media?
    Then, Hasted's book support Law of Attraction theorists, etc.

There must be a scientific field specialized on tricks used in parapsychological experiments. If not, i see no reason to think paranormal phenomena exist, instead i see greed and metaphysical beliefs are the fuel behind it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I don't know, I have not asked him and I am not aware of anything sayig he was fooled.

I certainly have not heard anything about a book.

I do not know what you are trying to say.

Of course not don't be absurd.

I completely agree with this statement.

8. etherometer Banned Banned

The book is entitled Metal Benders

From an excerpt entitled A BRIEF PSYCHOKINETIC INVESTIGATION OF MR. URI GELLER. 1974:

by John B. Hasted, Ph.D., Department of Physics,
    Birkbeck College, University of London.
    David Bohm, Ph.D., Department of Physics,
    Birkbeck College, University of London.
    Edward W. Bastin, Ph.D., Language Research Unit,
    Cambridge University.

John B. Hasted is Professor of Experimental Physics and Head of the Physics Department at Birkbeck College, University of London. He began his professional training as a chemist and moved into physics at the Clarendon Laboratory, Oxford, during wartime work on radar. He did pioneering work in opening up the microwave region of the electromagnetic spectrum in communications, was reader in physics at the University College of London, and has published books on atomic collisions and on dielectrics.

David Bohm has been professor of theoretical physics at Birkbeck College since 1961. He obtained his Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley, and was the last student to study under the atomic bomb-pioneering physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer. Professor Bohm has worked in the field of plasma physics, extending the concepts of this field to the many-body system, and he spent several years at the Institute of Advanced Study at Princeton, New Jersey, during which time he worked with Albert Einstein

Pseudoscience published in scientific language serves as the basis for best sellers plagues as The Secret (Law of Attraction).

I find it scandalous that these eminent physicists do not begin their argument by showing they know all the possible tricks used by illusionists and explaining how they have eliminated the possibility of fraud.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Oh my god, how embarrasing. Even smart people can be scammed.

Agreed.

You don't need to know all of the tricks but you certainly need to have the proper protocol.

I remember (showing how old I am) when URI GELLER went on the Jonny Carson show and was a flop. Jonny Carson started his career as a magician.

[video=youtube;TNKmhv9uoiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNKmhv9uoiQ[/video]

10. Eveshis Registered Member

This information is a click away on the internet.

Look on Wikipedia for Ted Serios's entry:

As for your comments:

Again, John Hasted similar to Ted Serios has been debunked by skeptics. According to his Wikipedia entry:

In other words there were no scientific controls in Hasted's experiments with the "psychics" he studied. He was easily duped and his book The Metal Benders contains silly ideas. None of this is science pal. Yawn. Next.