This is an outrage!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by joepistole, Jun 11, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

As long as the American people feel safe from er, old ladies, its all fine.

For a fun exercise, pick out the Americans in this thread. :bugeye:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

He called her "Ma'am", which is very respectful and polite. But then he sort of tazed her and stuff...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Then pushed her and tasered her.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Tiy are quite judgemental. How do you know she was speeding through a construction zone? That maybe what she was accused off but that does not mean she was guilty. You ever heard of agencies using the power to issue tickets to raise revenues? The other day I saw an interest setup as I was driving along the freeway. There was a cop at the begining of a construction zone, no construction workers anywhere. He was zapping people at the entrance to the construction zone before they entered the zone and by the time he had them pulled over they were in the construction zone. And he was chargeing them for speeding in the construction zone...cool racket. That was in Kansas City, MO. This was a county cop on an interstate. In Ohio the state governement put limitations on local governments from issuing tickets on the interstate...too many local governments were using the opportunity to generate cash to fill local pockets.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok that woman is a bitch, but the cop could have been a lot calmer. He was way too aggressive.
    If he would just have let her sign none of this would have happened.

9. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

They were both out of line. But the officer is suppose to be the one who is trained to handle the situation properly. he was chomping at the bit to use his gadget.

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Eh. Elderly people shouldn't get special attention. Personally, I found the woman more aggressive. However, the officer should not have raised his voice initially. She was warned, and she insisted that he tase her.

People who say that, after being warned, should not complain if they are tased.

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

The "right wing news publication" was The Today Show, not Fox News.

Tazing her may have been safer than physically engaging her, where there would be risk of broken bones, sprains, etc.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe waterboarding would be even more effective.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The age doesn't matter to me, the cops behavior would have been uncalled for if it was a 19 year old guy as well.

14. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

He would still have to subdue the woman before he waterboarded her, which means either a fight or a tazing.

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

She grumbled, yelled at him, ignored his warnings and then dared him to tase her. She lacks common sense. In terms of idiocy, she's in deeper.
    The cop may have been loud and unruly, but he had the weapon. people should use their common sense. The cop did try to cuff her, but she resisted.
    Don't argue with the guy threatening to tase you.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No I saw it on Fox News. The Bill O'Riley Show commentators said point blank, the cop handled the situation correctly.

And it would have been better if the cop could have resolved the situation peacefully with words and not violence...even easier than taser.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Agreed

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Agreed the woman was not acting rationally, she was angry and maybe justly so. The woman is not the professional in this instance. The cop is, and the cop should have acted professionally. Maybe some people think ruffing up citizens without cause is professional behavior, but I do not.

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I don't get why he yelled at her at the beginning.
    Also, do elderly people have a sense of entitlement due to their age ?

20. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

And whenever you feel like you are treated unfairly by the police do you try to beat them up and verbally assault them? How well has that worked for people? She should have just signed the ticket and fought it in court, but she chose to act crazy and stupid. It was unfortunate for her that the cop she decided to mess with wasn't Mr. I'm a Nice, Empathetic, Patient Guy.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The cop is a peace officer. He should act like one. It does not matter what I would or would not do in that situation. As a cop he will encounter all kinds of people and he should be able to peacefully handle folks like this lady.

By the way she offered to sign right before the cop pushed her.

22. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

And all waiters and waitresses should serve you with a genuine smile and sales associates should always be kind, outgoing, and friendly. But if everyone got fired every time they deviated from this behavior at work there wouldn't be many waiters or sales associates.

Like waiters and sales associates not all police officers are really nice people with excellent social skills.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No doubt true. But if their skills do not match job requirements, they should not be employeed in jobs where those skills are required. There would still be enough folks to fill the jobs. We have almost a 10 percent unemployment rate.