Things that suck

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tiassa, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

That Moment When ....

That Moment When ....

What really sucks is that moment when you realize you're in too deep. To wit, I've been launching another of my aimless blogs over the last several days, and it's only after I started that I decided to bring myself up to speed on all the deprecated and soon to be obsolete tags I use. As a result, I posted all of thrice today, and now I'm disappointed with myself.

I mean, come on. That's obsessive. Oh, poor me, I only wrote three damn posts today.

And what sucks even worse is that I'm still not finished figuring out the tags I should be using.

And then there's the fact that I'm letting the suck suck with such suckitude. It's nearly a cyclical suck. Sucklical? Yig, that sounds awful. But, yeah. When sucklical suckitude goes multivalent, you know you're sucking too deep.

Er ... right. I mean ... um ... yeah.

Sucks, I tells ya.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Careful What You Touch

Careful What You Touch

What really sucks are the acidic oils in pepppers. Well, no, not really, but first, a brief and nonspecific recipe:

• 5 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
    • 2 cans low-salt broth, chicken or veg
    • 2 cans cooked black beans, rinsed
    • 2 hands full of baby carrots, diced
    • 2 stalks celery, diced
    • 1 Anaheim pepper, diced
    • 1 Serrano pepper, diced
    • ½ white sweet onion, diced
    • ½ clove garlic, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon peppercorns
    • ¾ tablespoon cumin
    • Pinch cayenne
    • Pinch chili powder
    • Salt to taste​

So, it's a work in progress, and I expect to be throwing in some lime at some point, maybe tinkering with the spices and seasonings.

But, what really sucks is that four hours later, no matter how much I wash my hands, the acid from the peppers keeps working deeper into my hands. Right now my left middle finger feels like the bone itself is aglow.

The upside is that the nervous sensation is warm and loosening. My left hand feels strangely more flexible than normal; I'm hardly arthritic, but, yeah, this is weird.

The downside, of course, is that I can feel everything, down to the air currents swirling around my fingers as I walk.

And that, I tells ya, sucks.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Wet snow sucks big time , its sloppy , heavy and if it builds up enough , is almost as bad as black ice

Once you run over wet snow it turns to ice

Weather , get your act together , either be cold enough for real snow or be rain

Stop this inbetween crap

Because it sucks

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Speechless)

(Speechless)

I suppose one can be forgiven not knowing what to say on the occasion of learning that a friend has passed.

More so when one deduces the fact of this death from other people's Facebook posts about the deceased.

And then nearly mortally in its own right when one realizes that the last time they spoke with the deceased, one said, "Hockey game's on; can I call you back?" and then forgot to call back.

Put on your stone shields. Absorb, radiate, repeat.

:m:

8. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

It sucks to write a well thought of post, then click the black "+ Reply to Thread" button and have it disappear.
    The new Sciforums sucks.

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

But we start looking for reasons. My last friend who died increased his weight by about 20lb a year. When he reached 600lb at age 53, he died. We didn't have to look very hard for the reason. Even his girlfriend of 15 years couldn't help snickering at the memorial when some of the most amazing and/or amusing incidents of his life were recounted.
    • The time they rode up to NYC on his BMW motorcycle--an indestructible German workhorse. They hit a major bump in the road in a construction site and the bike's frame broke.
    • He got so big that no one he knew, not even his doctor, had a scale big enough. So he had to go to the motorcycle shop and use their industrial scale.
    • The third time in one month when she called 911 because he was having trouble breathing, nobody showed up for three hours and by then the breathing had stopped.
    • The M.E. crew came to take out the body, and discovered that even though a live 600-lb body can barely fit through a door, a dead one can't. It took a lot of remodeling and three days of living with a ripe corpse in the house.
    • His ashes filled two urns.

We all lose touch. My best friend from high school and I fell out of contact for a couple of years and by the time we decided to fix that we both had taken jobs with other companies and moved to other cities. Fifteen years later Classmates.com came to the rescue and we've been in regular communication ever since. If one of us had died during that 15-year hiatus, it would have been pretty sad. But forgivable. Shit happens. Sometimes it happens to you, and sometimes it happens to somebody else so you're left behind to grieve over it. Which of those two positions would you rather find yourself in?

What's the big deal? He's dead so he bears no rancor for anyone over failure to return a call promptly. Your grief would hardly be allayed if you had had one more conversation--unless of course he had just suddenly found out that he was going to die on Thursday and he wanted to bid farewell to everyone he loved. And if that were the case, I guarantee that he would have called you--even if it was your turn.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yep, that does suck. I have had that issue in the past. I'm glad someone posted it.