things that make you want to vomit

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 5, 2008.

1. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Then he is a paramedic. He's been doing it for years. Thanks for the clarification

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

so will i be as soon as i finish this degree and get a job

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

OMG!!!! The maggots part would really make me lose it. I give that one a

uke: x 10

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what is it about maggots????
    maggots are used in hospitals to deal with gangreen all the time because they eat the dead tissue and produce a substance which is a natural antibacterial. i would much rather have maggots on me than lose a leg

8. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Oh please. I can see that if someone said "here have some maggots or lose a leg" you'd probably say yes, but to be so fat that you glued yourself to a couch and flies started laying their eggs in your slowly rotting flesh that was covered in feces and other vile nastiness? VOMIT! Maggots are disgusting anyway. I hate any form of wormy-looking creature. Grubs are the worst. They are useless little lumps of nastiness that just exist. I think that if you are a pedophile and abuse little children, you come back as a grub in another life.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i wouldnt say that to vada if i was you

actually the things which make me want to vomit tend to be what humans do to eachother. that and vomit itself which is a real problem concidering my future employment, blood on the other hand doesnt bother me.

actually our lecturer told us to keep a jar of vicks in our bags when we go on placements incase we end up being called to somewhere someone has died a few weeks earlier. its rare (concidering that ambulances arnt surposed to deal with any bodies) but it does happen

10. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I can see the need for Vicks for sure. Even if there are no dead bodies you are bound to encounter things far more disgusting. I don't think a dead body is the worst thing to discover, no matter how old. It's dead. Not alive and suffering. Vomit doesn't really bother me unless it's all over me or something, but even then it washes off. I've partied enough in life that I've gotten use to taking care of my friends while they prayed to the porcelain god. Not to mention that I'm a housecleaner...I have a strong stomach. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I see in my occupation. I can't wait until I'm done with school and can quit the god awful job.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what do you do?

Oh BTW the reason i decided to go into this was partually that i actually saw a biker come off his bike and have his spine ripped out of him when he hit the pole right in front of me. i was the only one to actually go to try and help (not that there was anything i could do once i saw the extent of his injuries)

the two worst things i have HERD about was a crew who went into a house to attend to a women they found slumped against the wall covered in blood. it turned out the reason she was slumped there was standing behind the door with a loaded crossbow

the other one was a crew who were atending a car acident along with a heep of other ES. this acident lead to a bank back of traffic across a train line and one car was stupid enough to actually sit on the tracks. There were kids in that car and it happened right in front of the emergency services

then there was the 000 call by a women who had just found her husband hanging in the garage. that one they played to us in class and yea

12. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

As I said, I'm a housecleaner. Relatively mild in the dead-body department, but oh the horror...the things I have found, have seen people do, have smelled, have had to clean...let me tell you, housecleaning is fucking hard and many times disgusting. I used to clean house for this couple who used to hang themselves from their ceiling with HOOKS for sexual pleasure or some other warped reason! Need I say more?

You saw some guy have his spine ripped out? how does that even happen? When you say biker, do you mean motorcycle or bicyclist? That's insane.

The worst things I have seen first hand:

My BF's brother got stabbed multiple times in a fight. I held his hand in the ER while they tried to sew up the meat of his forearm which was literally hanging by a few flaps of skin (good thing I don't have a weak stomach). When they tried to fold the skin back over the cut artery started shooting blood every where and hit my Bf's brother in the face and he was so high on morphine he started laughing because he didn't know what was happening. Not fun.

I watched my Bf's brother throw a guy, face-first, off a 20 foot deck into a rock garden. Not pretty.

I saw some guy get his ear ripped off with a crowbar.

I saw another kid get his head beat in with a blender.

I've seen enough that I don't ever want to be an EMT or paramedic. Can you imagine walking in to a house where a mother has just microwaved her baby? No thanks.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yes motorbike and what happened was that he was traveling WAY to fast and hit the tram lines and came off. all good except unlike his bike he wasnt travling along the road any more but was thrown off on an angle into a street light pole. he hit it stomic first and folded around it but because of the force his spine snaped in half around the thorasic vertabra. it was like a massive open fracture but created with such force that it not only riped through the skin but also through his leather jacket. so he was left with the pelvis atached to one end of his spine and the neck atached to the other and between them the vertabra were outside his body (if this makes sence, its hard to explaine)

the odd thing about it for me at the time was that there was apsolutly no blood. however for HIM that was a good thing because it means he died on impact rather than from hypovalimic shock

As for being a paramedic its not the trauma which tends to get to ambos (though there are some cases) because in those cases your running on adrenilin. Its dealing with the families after a sucide, or dealing with a rape victom, or a kid who drowned in a pool who you cant revive. at least thats what i have been told and knowing myself those are the cases im worried about

14. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I get the picture. Yes, obviously he died on impact which he means he probably didn't suffer. Like I said, a dead body may be horrifying, but it's dealing with the after-math, the families, the people left behind who are suffering, or the people who are hurt (rape, abuse, violence of any kind) that are suffering is the hardest by far. You are taking on a very difficult and brave position in the world as a paramedic. Props to you

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I just can't stand them. They make me cringe and turn my stomache. If they had to put maggots on my body in the hospital I would go nuts. I can barely stand them when I find them in the garbage can when it's been sitting in the heat in the garage for a week. If I lift a bag and see them, I drop it, jump back.
    If I saw what Jesse was describing I would vomit for sure.

As for the grubs, I can't stand them either. We had some in the lawn a couple yrs ago. We sprayed it with something that drew them to the surface. There were thousands of them just wiggling around on the top of the ground. A lot managed to make it to the patio too. Then we had to keep Bruce away from them or he would eat them.

uke:

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you want to know what makes me want to vomit, lissoning to the artical i posted in the terrioust thread. what they did to that 80 year old man is sickerning

17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I once got a side kick to the diaphragm while fighting in a taekwondo contest aged 13. I felt like I really needed to vomit, but I couldn't actually vomit. Can I include that on my vomit list?

18. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I still say if you free fall from a high enough point and hit concrete or asphalt the impact is not a simple splat, but a WHUMP....splat. I think seeing a person bounce on impact might cause my gorge to rise a little.

19. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

my bathroom.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

cause of where you were hit or because of the pain.
    Pain makes me vomit. Broke my arm, vomited. In labour, vomiting.

21. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Maggots, grubs, slugs... they're all gross. I remember once I went to take the trash out, I opened the lid, and the entire inside was crawling with maggots. Actually just remembering that makes me want to vomit. ew it was so bad...

22. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

maggots aren't so bad. I HATE slugs. Not in a "ew gross" kind of way, but more of a "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT ABOMINATION!?" kind of way. I refused to use the front door to my house one day, until my wife got the...thing...off the porch and away from the door. I have nightmares of the things racing around when our backs are turned and sliding their bodies insideously into our skin to begin travelling to munch on our brains.... No wait I think that when I'm awake too.

Mustard mixed with milk. Guaranteed vomit.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL... good one. Is it worse then going to a gas station?