"They cut the communications lines" (In NOLA)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MetaKron, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Light Registered Senior Member

It figures. It was your statement that I was asking you to support. Evidently you just like making claims - even if you cannot back them up.

If you don't like for people to call your hand on this stuff, just stop making foolish statements.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

If you don't like me saying stuff like that, Light, do your own research so I don't have to.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Light Registered Senior Member

Ha! Now that's amusing!

I have done my research - which is why I can be comfortable with what I've said.

But you, on the other hand haven't done your at all. And that's exactly why you make up your "facts" as you go along and then are unable to prove them.

That's not the way it works at all. If you make the claim then YOU have to provide the facts to prove that claim. You sure can't get off the hook by trying to shove it on someone else!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Don't care, don't give a fuck.

8. Light Registered Senior Member

Now there's an real intelligent attitude. Typical childish response.

Right. Then go away or at least shut up. There's enough misinformation floating around already without you contributing more.

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Trouble is the misinformation is probably what's true.

What's really going to get messed up is that Bush, the president who couldn't handle the aftermath of Katrina at all, is going to try to handle the alleged upcoming flu epidemic. Or, actually, his administration.

I don't actually care. I'm just saying this so I can say I told you so to all the people who think the government will take good care of us.

By the end of the year, I will get to say that I told you so.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yes, oh Great Predictor of the Future! But what can we say if you're wrong??? See? No one will remember your wild-assed guesses about the future UNLESS your guess comes true .......and then YOU will be sure to remind us, won't you? ...LOL!

Baron Max

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Capitol Journal article

There is just a glimpse of what the U.S. government plans to do in response to the alleged bird flu epidemic. They think that the best case scenario is going to be 200,000 deaths, based on nothing.

Reading between the lines, you realize that if they decide that this epidemic actually exists, they plan to take over our energy resources, our transportation, our health care, our food distribution, basically everything. Just considering the ineptitude that they displayed after Katrina, I think that a lot of us can simply give up any plans to eat or keep warm this winter. The local Walmart will offer to give us food and water and FEMA will order them to keep it locked up.

12. Light Registered Senior Member

Yet again you demonstrate your lack of accurate information. The president does not handle things like the Katrina problem. That's why the government has all those agencies and departments - of which one is FEMA.

FEMA is the one who really blew it, along with the local governments. The city of New Orleans had absolutely NO plans in place to deal with such a problem. No plans to evacuate those who needed help getting out and no pre-designated points of refuge or emergency supplies. None.

The state's governer was equally inept. She didn't even call up the National Guard until WAY too late.

By the end of the year, eh? You don't seem to realize that there's less than 90 days left in the year. And the virus has yet to mutate to the point that it can be passed from human to human. So your timeline is off, just like the rest of your thinking.

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Look at when they expect to have the doses of vaccine ready. That's your deadline. Then we're screwed.

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

So when I do it, I'm messing up, but when the government does it, they're doing something good?

15. Light Registered Senior Member

Are you talking to me?

If so, show me where in what I've quoted below from that post that I said the government did something good??????

"FEMA is the one who really blew it, along with the local governments. The city of New Orleans had absolutely NO plans in place to deal with such a problem. No plans to evacuate those who needed help getting out and no pre-designated points of refuge or emergency supplies. None."

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?

17. Light Registered Senior Member

Oh, fine. Now we're stuck with a parrot!

18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I'm just one parrot out of many. Soon I will be the ideal American.