"They call us violent, yet they have the guns"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Anarcho Union, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

I think this is a good quote to any people who assume that anarchists (or other radical liberation movements) are automaticly violent. On the news, you can see reports of people causing "anarchy" in mob style violence. Yet, they seem to remove the footage of young people being beaten half to death at non-violent protests, mostly by police. They also neglect to show how mistreated "crimanals" are. I see more violence conducted by police than any of the protesters or activists. Untill you stop pointing your guns at us, you have no right to call us violent. Discussion? Even though I admit this is more of a rant, just wanted to share.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm wondering if you have ever been to any "peaceful" protest gatherings?

If not, I can say that I was and there are some people within the gathering that are just there to create a problem not to be be peaceful and just do what peaceful protesters usually do, cause no violence. These instigators could be from anywhere perhaps a plant by the anarchy people themselves. They are there to try and escalate the problems by inciting people in the gathering to throw rocks, bottles and other debris they can find. In a mob mentality people start doing stupid things just because others are and then many things are going to happen by the police to stop the violence that starts. While I agree with you about many people are beaten by the police they do ask for it at times by throwing stuff and also throwing gas filled bottles to set police on fire. I saw when about 20 to 30 non violent people start to throw rocks at police and hit a few of them pretty damn hard, enough to cause blood to flow. Those 20 to 30 people were part of a much larger crowd that were acting peaceful but because they were within the crowd doing this many other people who didn't throw things were also beaten by the police.

Being a police officer it is rather hard to see who actually is throwing things so they just take it out on everyone who happens to get in their way. Again I don't think that it is a good way to try and calm a bad situation down but the police do. That is, to them their only way to discourage people from throwing stuff at them and it usually works for the most part. The MEDIA only wants to incite and ramp up the problems and show the worst things and beatings they can find. Sensationalism is the MEDIAS goal in every protest and they do what they can to show as much violence as they can find. By portraying the police as the aggressors the MEDIA seems to forget to show those officers who were themselves being hit by rocks and other things because it doesn't incite people very much.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.