Theres a f***ing rat downstairs!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Ghost_007, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Genji Registered Senior Member

Rats are great pets. I've had several over the years. I rescued entire rat families from school science labs.
    They are cleaner and less temperamental than hamsters, have more intelligence than other rodent pets and are fun to startle elderly relatives with.
    I slept with Max & King, two rats I loved especially.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Suggestibly cat pee can act as a deterrent, however I'm not sure you really going to want to start spraying cat pee around your house. The reason it's suppose to work is due to cats being the natural predators of rodents.

Theoretically Rodents are more sensative to Smells and Sounds than we are, so there is the potential to use that as an advantage if you can find things that repulse them.

I'm sure there are some sites on the net if you search "Rat control" or something similar, (I found one that would suggest getting a snake as a pet lol)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Cat piss should have the additional benefit of keeping most humans away too. Go with the cat piss.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Predator excrement does not work. People use lion poo to repel deer and after seeing the same poo for a couple of days the deer figure it out. And rats are far more intelligent than deer.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

my cat is about 14.5yrs old and as fit as a fiddle - hey diddle diddle

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

About as long as dogs. Dog longevity record: 29. Average lifespan: 8-20 years, depending on size (smaller dogs live longer). Cat longevity record: 34 years. Average lifespan: 14-20 years.
    They get lazy and their teeth fall out.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

There is a fucking rat nest in the white house!!!

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They are also very affectionate but need an occasional bath if you don't like the smell.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The only things that work are traps.

Make sure your garbage bins lock tightly, you have no bushes etc planted close to the house, Keep no junk in the yard or outside the house, etc. If you use compost, make sure there are no animal products in it. If you have a pet, make sure you remove any food it does not eat, don't use a garbage disposal as far as possible, clean out your kitchen sink once a month (use a cup of bleach and rinse out with boiling water), don't throw any grease down your drain.

Can't think of any more

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

In her usual gracious way, I think sam's implying that you keep a dirty house.

14. Genji Registered Senior Member

They do have a kind of "sweaty" odor if their cage isn't cleaned. My rats were litter trained and cleaned themselves.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

My favorite one from the batch I killed last summer

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  16. Genji Registered Senior Member

Photo blocked by obscenity filter, for some reason. Just got a warning onscreen.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh well, its just a cute white rat with extra long whiskers, peering out at me after I called him to the door of the cage so I could take a picture.

This was the day before I guillotined him, so it might be considered obscene.

18. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Now you know how the indigenous population of the UK feel.

19. Genji Registered Senior Member

That is truly cruel.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It pays the bills.

I posted the pic directly. Can you see it now?

21. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Why do you, a fully grown man and fairly liberal person, use an obscenity blocker, Genji?

22. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

23. Genji Registered Senior Member

I'm at work. I have no pc. I work at a grade school. These things block everything from MySpace to the Nation of Islam to any kind of site the board considers obscene. It covers alotta turf.