"there is always an alpha in any group"

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

and here we see the real inside mind workings of The Baron.

nasty conceited self opinionated anti cohesive type of person that likes to break things instead of create.

you simply make shit up and then state it as a fact in the same sentence just so you can build your own reality around you when you know nothing.

how funny you are talking all your shit about reality LOL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yep, skepticism born of years and years of living life in the realities of the world .....and not in some silly-assed idealistic dreamworld.

I can type up cute little fairy tales, but what good are they for anyone?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

LOL your failed attempt to convince yourself that draping your own soul in blood of your choice is going to somehow protect you from the harsh realities and nastiness born of life and relationships must be wearing thin by now.

i think the old expresion for someone like you is called a "wowser"
    someone who sucks the fun out of everything then once everyone has been depressed and brought down you start your little preaching tirade explaining how(probably in grandiose detail) how you were right all along when in fact it was and is you who drags it all into the gutter.

strange way to choose to live (in my opinion)but that is your choice to make.
    as long as you feel fulfilled in your life of discontent who am i to suggest you should be having fun.

oh yeah... almost forgot... tell me more about this failed relationship of yours that your still running away from ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Wow for once I agree with Ripleofdeath.

I hate Baron Max. I want to track him down, stab him repeatedly, jump on his face, happily watch his brains rupture through his skull, cut off his hand, and anally rape him with it.

I'm not sure why I have this alarming reaction to him. There are far worse people in the world than people who type crap on an internet forum.

8. WillNever Valued Senior Member

9. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

hahahahahahaa
    now that all sounds a little extreme.
    i don't hate him at all.
    i don't even dislike him.

Baron what you may fail to have experienced in your life soo far is someone like me.
    (it seems kinda obviouse really but moving on)
    i have had my own fair share of misery in life and probably a few shares that could well have been spread around a few other people in all fairness.
    but... i shall put it this way.
    simplicity is born from great complex understanding of the complexities of simply living.

the chance of you having a more difficult life than me is low if you live in a civilised country but i dont go about wearing my experience like a badge to lord over others or take on some type of attempted superior position of class.

personally (with 30 odd years of study in martial arts, psychology and sociology) i suspect you go about in life attracting violence and chaos toward yourself because you value it as some type of "reality check" that you use to define your self validation for being able to be ALLOWED TO experience nice things.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You don't have to be flatline obtuse to be a reactionary conservative, but it sure helps.

The next step is to label the promoted one an alpha, a leader, because they were promoted. The circle closes, the identification of "alpha" now unarguable, and the only problem is the reality of behavior so often confounding one's expectations - the army, the corporation, the team, somehow so confused and without direction or coherence.

Here's an example - the promotion of Les Steckel to head coach of my local football team, resulting in probably the most memorable season ever for any Vikings fan fortunate enough to have experienced it. Note the alpha qualifications - finest kind - and the demonstrated coaching ability in non-alpha situations. (The team was not as good as its record that year, btw - it was lucky.)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  11. MKT Registered Member

No.

Unless it's based on inanity, like "there is always someone who talks the most".

The military has all but proven, for example, that alphas have to be created if you want to rely on their presence.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

MKT, I'm curious: why do you write in good English here, but adopt a broken writing style in your later posts? All your posts past this one are written appallingly badly, but not here.

13. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

He's not from around here, Geoff. I'd love to get him all worked up about the Q'ran someday. A little bird tells me his english would go out the window along with his powers of reason.

Angry don't make smart, mmmkay?

Anyway. Iceaura.
    Once you understand the difference between "Train" and "Refine" you'll understand more about the Baron is saying.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The Baron is dealing in nuance?

The Baron hasn't caught up with the notion of prediction and check, yet, in evaluating the accuracy of the label "alpha" for a human.

What, in your opinion, is the key relevant (to this thread) difference between inability to identify a refinable alpha, and inability to identify a trainable one?

My argument is that even in limited, carefully defined, and intensively studied arenas, people's claims of ability to identify "the alpha" human are heavily self-reinforcing, dependent on carefully rigged criteria, and even then not well supported by available evidence. When the identifications are tested by comparing prediction with event, they are often revealed to have been wrong.

Spotting alpha humans seems to be even trickier than spotting liars - and we all know how far from reality most people's self-description of their ability to spot a liar is.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

What about Type I personalities? I've met a few of these assholes in my time.

16. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

do you have children ?
    do you recall being a child ?
    do or have you worked with children ?

17. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

insightful post.
    indeed the cyclic self serving self retarding system of societal nurture is rife, be that organisational or urbanised socially.

18. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

you mean "type one" ?

whos personality model are you/they using ?
    ive made my own some years back. based it on some of jung's systemology but only as educational data, i expanded his work some three fold to get to where my own was some ten years back.
    im yet to see any model that gets even half way to where mien is in any of the professional references.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009