Theory of Evolution

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by bearer_of_truth, Sep 9, 2016.

1. bearer_of_truth Registered Senior Member

Yeah, man made....hence,..since man has been around. What do you think?...that man has been around for millions of years before he invented the calendar? Man is much more intelligent than that. And we were not a fish in the sea nor an ape on land.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

Don't worry, Dywyddyr is an individual does not have guts to open a post , but only to criticize, individual without initiative .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. timojin Valued Senior Member

Why, What is so idiotic ? , Do you have any religion or sect with a longer and descriptive history?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

A) Guts aren't required to start a thread.
    B) I have started threads (but you haven't been here long enough to know that).
    C) If people didn't post nonsense or incorrect information then I wouldn't be able to criticise.

Kristoffer likes this.
  8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hinduism (Sanatan Dharma.)

9. timojin Valued Senior Member

Do they have some thing written like a bible with age periods If they do could you fere me to them .

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Bhagavad Gita.

11. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

The idiotic thing is that you believe in a cartoon picture of religions. You clearly don't know anything about any religion, yet you seem to slavishly follow some cartoon idea.

Kristoffer likes this.
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Or evolution!

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well this thread has taken a southerly turn. And it didn't even require the OP's pot-stirring to do so. We did it on our own...

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Man only invented writing a few thousand years ago. No writing, no calendars.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

There are plenty of animals in nature who are neurotic. They are a lot like people that way.
    Sure it is. Ants construct farms. Wolves roam in packs with rigid social structures. Apes live in tribes.

16. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Don't forget beehives.

17. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC150.html
    Congratulations. You have now demonstrated you didn't understand the topic of discussion.
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/compare.html
    Not only do you resemble an ape, even creationists can't find a dividing line between ape and man that they can agree on.
    How would you demonstrate that to be true in light of patterns of homology?
    Creationists appear to avoid discussion of the fossils that are the best evidence for human evolution. ... These include superb fossils such as ER 3733 and Sangiran 17 (human but with primitive features), Sts 5 (apelike, but with some modern features) and OH 7, OH 13, OH 24, and ER 1813 (so perfectly transitional that they are difficult to classify). ... Even more surprisingly, creationists do almost no anatomical comparisons, even of the fossils they do discuss. Creationists appear to make no attempt to weigh evidence; they often accept uncritically any statement made by a scientist which can be used to advantage, while ignoring any contrary opinions. ... Creationists fail to see evidence of transitional forms not because there is none, but because they have a infallible method of explaining away any evidence. Starting with the certainty that transitional fossils do not exist, any fossil that is too different from H. sapiens to be considered a human is an ape, and all others are humans. No creationist ever defines what would be acceptable as a valid transitional fossil, because examples could be found to fit any reasonable definition. Instead, creationists are forced to take potshots at irrelevant fossils, misrepresent a few carefully selected examples, and ignore the strongest evidence for human evolution.​
    Source: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/a_overview.html
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA201.html
    The word "theory", in the context of science, does not mean an uncertain guess. It's a communicable, precise framework for predicting the behavior of all phenomena within a large domain of applicability. Theory of gravitation. Atomic Theory. Quantum Field Theory.
    How is that compatible with Matthew 19:13-14? In any case, you failed to spot the analogy between the question asked and your post #1, which suggests that you don't understand how reasoned exchanges of ideas work.
    That's not a reason not to engage in science. That's a reason to either win $1,000,000 USD by demonstrating your claims or to see medical treatment.
    How do you know how apes and monkeys behave if you haven't seen them in the wild?
    The world doesn't revolve about you, nor is it limited by the horizons you see.
    Not much to know. It's not like it's science or anything.
    [Citation required]
    That's not part of the theory of evolution. That's fundamental physical cosmology predictated on the elemental abundances, the recession of galaxies and the cosmic background radiation of microwaves in a pattern consistent with black body radiation.

Kristoffer likes this.
  18. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

That's not how evolution works. Evolution is not progress towards more intelligence or any other trait that separates man and chimpanzee.
    A trait that is beneficial to one organism is not necessarily beneficial to another. Other life shows that intelligence is not necessary to survive and thrive. Human intelligence in particular is energetically costly. Other apes may simply be better off without it.​
    Source: http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB928_1.html

You have to understand evolution before you can argue against it, or you will just sound ignorant.
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB910.html
    We have seen new species evolve which are better suited to a particular ecological niche than any other life.
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB101_2.html
    We have seen completely novel traits evolve.
    And we can also see parallel evolution of various forms of antibiotic resistance evolve in mere weeks from bacteria which have no such traits.

Why do you think that when the closest common ancestor to both humans and chimpanzees lived more than 2 million years ago?
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB928_2.html
    Studies show that humans populations continue to evolve, with genes relating to brain size changing over the last ~30,000 years and lactose tolerance in adults changing in populations over the last ~8000 years.
    Your confidence in the intelligence of humans you haven't met seems completely unfounded. You try inventing a calendar from scratch when need many prerequisites first and also have to have enough food, water and shelter to survive long enough to sire the next generation.

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Do you think that Sky Daddy made man with a calendar in has hand? Kind of like those babies allegedly born with an IUD clutched to their bosom?

Or maybe it took a few days. Or years. Or centuries. Or millenia... (if one believes in fairy tales to start with)

Or maybe, you have absolutely no clue what is going on outside your cuckoo nest.

On the other hand, your thesis is demonstrably false either way - unless you keep time by the Warren Field calendar...

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note:

You have been permanently banned from posting to the Science subforums, precisely for posting this kind of nonsense repeatedly.

I'm still not 100% sure why you have been allowed to post here - something to do with permission sets in the forum software I think. I have looked into the matter. With luck, I think I have managed to fix the problem.

ajanta, Daecon, Kristoffer and 2 others like this.
  21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

bearer of truth:

According to which theory? The Theory of Creationism?

You make a good point.

The theory also states that man evolved from single-celled organisms like bacteria. So why are they still around?

And fish. Why are the fish still around?

And dogs evolved from wolves. So what's with the wolves? Shouldn't they have all left by now?

And what about those big yellow bananas we get from the shops? They evolved from little banana-like things that aren't very tasty. And guess what? Those are still around too. They should have had the good sense to disappear, I say.

And birds evolved from dinosaurs. So why are the dinosaurs still around. Somebody explain it to me!

Me neither. Personally, I have three arms and five legs. Nothing like an ape. I'm cold blooded. My brain is in my left foot. I have two hearts. Again, nothing like an ape.

Maybe you and I are related.

Get with the program! You're allowing wiggle room there for some crazy evolutionist to jump all over you. You must stick to the position that we didn't evolve from apes at all. Don't go for the half-arsed idea that we might have partly evolved from apes. That's leaving the door open for their crazy evolutionist "theory" to creep up on you unexpectedly.

Yes! And after we all grow up and stop believing that silly scientific theory, we can fight the good fight against the stupid so-called Theory of Gravity, which is also obviously neither fact nor truth. Just walk out any upper-story window and you'll see.

Also, what about that silly Theory that the Earth is Round? Any idiot can see that the Earth is flat! Everybody should just grow up and start looking at the reality revealed in the bible. That's the only book anybody should read, if you ask me.

So did I. I saw Jesus in church.

Did they answer back?

Yeah. As if man would go for millions of years without an iPhone or a flush toilet. Man is so intelligent he would have easily invented everything in, like, a few hundred years at the most! And the calendar is a really easy one. Everybody knows a year is 365 days long. You can just tell that stuff. Then, you just need to invent writing and write it down. How hard can that be? Oh, you'd need to invent paper or something else to write on, but everybody knows how to make paper, don't they?

Certainly not.

Hey, you know, I was just thinking. I guess those evolutionists would say I "evolved" from my great great grandparents. And they're not around, are they? And I'm exactly the same as them, and my great grandparents, and my parents. We're all exactly the same as one another, so there's no chance evolution is happening in this three-armed family!

Evolution is so dumb.

Yazata and Kristoffer like this.
  22. Yazata Valued Senior Member

It just isn't right that they are still here!

Australians!

(I shudder to think of the beautiful Bells. The tentacles!)

Not me, mate! I'm a yank, we're all apes and descended from a long line of apes!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    James R likes this.
  23. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Haven't you heard that necessity is the mother of invention? We didn't invent the calendar until we needed one.