Theory of Everything

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by hansda, Jul 26, 2013.

1. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

No, that's what you've called it. Since I've already said I've never seen you post anything even remotely correct, my use of the word in quotes should be taken as a sign of singular contempt and derision.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chinglu Valued Senior Member

No, that is not a sufficient condition to decide that.

But, I personally understand TOE is false in any form. But, I do not want to rain on you parade.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chinglu Valued Senior Member

This is stupid.

There are many papers on that site that are published. There are some also that are false.

But, that is true for all journals.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chinglu Valued Senior Member

You folks have no idea what you are talking about in this thread.

Saharon Shelah
    We tried to show in this paper that CH implies: there is a homogeneous family of subset of omega which is maximal with respect to inclusion. The paper is currently "withdrawn", since a mistake has been discovered.
    http://arxiv.org/abs/math/9501207

Saharon Shelah is arguably the best mathematician live today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saharon_Shelah

Shelah is one of the most prolific contemporary mathematicians. As of 2012, he has published around 1000 mathematical papers .

8. brucep Valued Senior Member

Good journals don't publish science that's obviously FALSE. Vixra is a place scientifically illiterate folks can publish the smoke they've blown up there own ass.

9. chinglu Valued Senior Member

I don't agree.

Good journals publish where the herd is now today.

10. brucep Valued Senior Member

Where the herd is now is the real science. The nonsense folks like you and hansda are definitely not part of a herd that has anything to do with science. Subsequently if you're confused enough to think you have any science to write about vixra will help you do so for a price.

11. chinglu Valued Senior Member

The herd was flat earth at one time and maggots spontaneously emerged from rotting meat.

Is that the herd you are in?

12. MarkM125 Registered Senior Member

No. He, like the rest of us who have studied at least a minimal amount of physics, is in the "herd" of evidence-based science. Crackpots and conspiracy theorists are quick to compare the modern "mainstream" to supports of, for example, the geocentric model and Aristotelian philosophy. However, there is an enormous, momentous difference between these two groups. The "herd" you refer to was dogmatic, religious, and evidence-rejecting. Then, actual scientists such as Galileo, Descartes, Newton, Kepler, and Copernicus brought intellectual thought into the realm of modern science through the use of physical evidence (Kepler's observations, Newton's Laws, etc.), and mathematics. However, detractors of modern science do no such thing - they cling to useless analogies and a false understanding of basic physical concepts. To compare yourself to these great scientists is simply pure arrogance.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  13. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Yup. This is why science is not a herd (though you've linked to a mathematics paper). Errors actually get found. And fixed, or the work retracted, as needs be.

Do you not see how you're undermining your own point here?

You're not complaining that there's a "herd mentality" in science. You're complaining that it's not the herd mentality you want it to be.

14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Anyway, I apologize for calling you a retard, handsa, but I would like to take a gander at what you would submit. I've only skimmed this thread earlier on and would like to see if time travel is a major obstacle in the validity of your... work?

So, don't be a chicken!

:m:

15. Tach Banned Banned

...in equally crank "journals".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. MarkM125 Registered Senior Member

Just take a look at the section on high-energy particle physics:

http://vixra.org/hep/

Featuring great works including "The Theoretico-Physical Essay. in Three Parts.", "A New Picture In The Particle under The Frame of Three Dimensional Einstein Theory", and "The Four Dark Phenomena Theory" right on the front page. Yeah, no crackpots there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Tach Banned Banned

Indeed, hansda would fit right in.

18. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

One of my favourites, from the /quant section: http://vixra.org/abs/1304.0168. Abstract:

I think the place is a goldmine.

At one point ViXra boasted that one of the preprints they hosted had been published in Physical Review D. Specifically, this one. Turns out the same preprint was uploaded on ArXiv at around the same time and passed through just fine: http://arxiv.org/abs/1110.0240.

19. Tach Banned Banned

Disturbingly, turns out that Felix M. Lev has quite a few uploaded on vixra.

20. brucep Valued Senior Member

It's complete disrespect for one's own intellectual honesty and personal integrity. The level of disrespect kinda correlates with degree of crankiness [scientific sociopathy].

21. brucep Valued Senior Member

It's so telling when they don't understand the importance of history over the path to understanding the universe in a technical way. You know when theory and experiment walk in the same shoes.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  22. chinglu Valued Senior Member

No, of course not.

He found it himself.

23. chinglu Valued Senior Member

So, why not prove your statement.

Show any paper published in vixra is only published in a "crank" journal.