The Xindi

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by devboy, May 13, 2004.

1. devboy Summertime Romantic... Registered Senior Member

26th Century Earth. Will the Sphere Builders Prevail!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I've been following this season of Enterprise, which surprises me. I hated Enterprise, now I like it. I actually set my VCR to record this crap; all because this season's arc has been fantastic.

These last few episodes have been good, better than expected. I can only hope that this continues into next season; it'd be a shame to loose an arc like this. Of course the show is on the bubble, which means that it may be canceled; I had hoped for this in the past, but not now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I had only seen a few episodes of the first season of Enterprise and decided it really wasn’t worth continuing with. I really wanted to watch it, even thought that Scott Baccula was a brilliant choice for a starship captain, but it didn't grab me. Then I saw one recent episode, and despite not understanding a lot of what seemed like a fairly intense plot, it looks like the show is actually getting really decent. Now I’m going to have to figure out when its on (and when its reruns are on) and get myself caught up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Missed most of the 3rd season of Enterprise - through circumstance, not disinterest. Who are the Sphere Builders?

Those Xindi: it seems their former homeworld supported SIX sentient species at the same time(!!), all of them sharing a common government?? Previous Enterprise canon stated that more than 1 intelligence per planet was very rare. Ironic that a multi-species alliance derived from a single planet should have more anatomical diversity than the whole Federation of the earlier Star Treks. Most Federation races seem pretty much human, with odd extras like pointed ears or crazy-paving foreheads.

Perhaps the Xindi homeworld was a testing ground for genetic engineering, by some ancient race such as the Iaconians or the T'kon? More should be made of its remarkable diversity, despite the fact that it no longer exists.

8. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

It always amazes how helpful possible cancellation can be to a series, the recent stuff from enterprise has been less crappy. Now that they've had the the fear of god put in them they're actually taking some chances, I'm impressed.

It's still underwhelming but no longer an insult to the franchise.

9. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

It;s star trek. Of course they will find a way to defeat thw Xindi. I think that they will form a coalition of the other types of Xindi to fight the insectoids in a war and bring in reinforcments from earth. The Vulcans will also probably eventually help out.

10. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Anyone think that the Xindi war is the catalyst for formation of the Federation?

Seems like Enterprise will have to address how this happens, since the Federation has, many times, been specified as founded in 2161 - only 8 years after Enterprise's 3rd season.