The Wisconsin Issue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Giambattista, Feb 20, 2011.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Much to your chagrin Arthur, the video clips speak very clearly for themselves. The the only sites found undeniably fudging video and the truth has been your beloved Fox News and other conservative site like Brietbart. Your line of repeating the lies and denying the lies ad infinitum will never make them the truth.

I have notice you have taken to that old Republican/Tea Party standby, whene logic and fact fail just make the text larger.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not even worth arguing over, it's so obvious to almost everyone.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The elephant in this is the fact that these are state employee unions, paid for by the taxpayers dime, they are not private employees unions.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It comes out of the teacher's salary, which they earn. Same with their pensions.

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Wisconsin Cops Tackle Democratic Lawmaker as He Tries to Enter Capitol

Jiminy! These people don't have enough dairy in their diets.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

They are paid with taxpayers money, they are public service employees.

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

YES! Absolutely!

Not until marriage.

Not much different than what we have now.

We have a monopoly of major media who latch onto names right off the bat and tens of millions of dollars behind people who are often able, like a Donald Trump, or Mitt Romney, to provide tens of millions to their own campaign coffers.
    So funding already starts off favoring people in the elite wealth class.
    So it's the battle of the millionaires (or billionaires), and/or the battle of who has the most support of the media? Or name recognition?

"Hi!" says Mr. Handsome millionaire with a charming face and some vague political or Wall Street background. "You may not know me, where I came from, or what I've done for anyone other than myself, but everyone on FOX-CNN-MSNBC is just talking about me and throwing my name back and forth because they know how great I am and I have the star power to get elected. Therefore, vote for me, you know you want a winner!!!"

Is this because the upper media echelon says "Talk this guy's persona to the moon, would you, to the exclusion of this or this or this person? Please??? If you value your career as a "credible" journalist, you'll probably be sticking to these talking points, okay? Great!"

You can talk all you want about the election process being a "free-market" endeavor, but when you have people who can throw around $40 million dollars of their own pocket change on advertising and have star power celebrity status, often with a media slant towards more acceptable or electable

rolleyes

candidates, not to mention the near impossible task of getting anywhere unless you are affiliated with the two acceptable parties... dare you, sirs and madames, call that a free market election?

The election process with it's dependence on advertising and air time and being connected as an insider or having the secret annointing of various establishment powerbrokers, all favors either establishment cronies, or people who have enough money to make themselves into one, if they choose.

Again, is that a "free-market" election?

I call it a Hollywood-Washington production.

To sum:

• A Democrat/Republican duopoly excludes 3rd parties and independents.
    • The campaign funding nearly eliminates anyone who doesn't have the blessing of wealthy donors, or came into a race with a lot of their own funds.
    • The domination of the airwaves by a few large media companies automatically favors the aforementioned who are in the good graces of the establishment, and leaves less fortunate candidates to the whim of a very controlled press and entertainment industry, where they can only hope that someone will donate a few precious minutes to asking them about the issues.

The myth that anyone can become President of the United States (or Senator or Representative) and that being elected to office is an American Dream within the grasp of any Joe Public who will just use the fair and balanced free-market election system needs to be shattered.

We need reform.

Why be afraid of setting strict standards for allotting air time to each candidate?

You may well think that government "controlled" campaigns is unfair, but what the hell do we have now? I outlined real issues above.

You want a fair campaign? Level the playing field totally. More airtime for all candidates, and equal airtime.
    Want fair? Set an upward limit on campaign funds and advertising, or don't allow anything at all.
    And stop making it about Left vs. Right or Blue vs. Red.

The myth of fair elections in this country is in itself a sham. And a shameful one.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Doesn't matter, they earned that money, it's not a gift.

12. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Nope joe, at this point now that I went and found the UNEDITED video and we all can see for ourselves that that video clip was clearly introduced as being from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, your persistence in supporting the lie makes you just as complicit in the lie.

Arthur

13. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

What's obvious is the video clip was clearly identified as Union Protests from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY both by Bill in his monologue and in Print on the side of the screen.

Arthur

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

As usual Arthur, you have one major problem. The facts, including the "unedited video from the Fox web site" does not support your claims.

The title of the clip from the "unedited" fox site was "What's Behind the Anger in Wisconsin?" And O'Riley was speaking about Wisconsin during the entire segment.

All you are doing by repeating this obsurd claim of yours ad nauseum is damaging your credibility. Because it is readily apparent to anyone who views the clip - including your "unedited version" that the facts do not support your claims.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Fox lies.

16. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No he wasn't.

He in fact introduces that video segment by saying:

ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, UNION WORKERS ARE GETTING INCREASINGLY ANGRY

So joe, did he in fact say that (and put it on the screen) before showing that montage of 4 separate locations?

Yes or No?

17. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Maybe, but not in this example.

Arthur

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Always.

19. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Which only shows you aren't able to discuss the actual issue.

"my minds made up, don't confuse me with the facts" must be your motto.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think you need to take your advice Arthur

21. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

BS joe, YOU helped perpetuate the lie from that site by claiming that edited video was the whole story while I took the time to find the original video that shows that Bill introduces that video segment by saying:

ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, UNION WORKERS ARE GETTING INCREASINGLY ANGRY

So joe, did he in fact say that (and put it on the screen) before showing that montage of 4 separate locations?

Yes or No?

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They lie even when they tell the truth.

23. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

And you post nonsense just to have something to post.