The Wiki is under atack!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Nickelodeon, Jun 10, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Bells smell, Bells smells, Bells smells

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- i just coudnt resist that.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

*Sniffs armpits*

Ahem!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Greetings female, if you go out with me we may still yet have a chance at saving you !

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

What a baby.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Well, actually, we can.

9. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Yes, we can.

And not only ban you from Sciforums and Encyclopedia, but also from your ISP.

That's right, an abuse report with your full name and your full home address (including your mails and IPs), has been sent to AOL last night.

You should read very carefully your provider's Terms of Use, before you started with 'bringing the web down' actions.

There is clearly stated that your AOL account, IP addresses, mail and other ISP features cannot be used for spamming, harassement, vandalizing or for any other kinds of abuse.

You should learn to take responsibility for your actions.

Especially when your actions break the law.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

ah ja.

I see that there is a policy change.

Well, this means goodbye for me too.

farewell.

11. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

She obviously abuses her ISP services and the only way (legal way) to stop her is to report the abuse to the provider directly.

She broke the AOL provider's Terms of Use and Regulations (i.e. she broke the law) and she has to take the consequences.

So, what the heck this has with you or with the Policy?

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Now this is something very creepy, scary, repulsive and frightening. Perhaps we should employ darksidZz as our official Female Repellentâ„¢

sorry

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

Antwerpen, Belgium.
    no alchohol at the wedding, though. too many problems with certain people, and we dont need them getting drunk and arguing at our wedding.

14. mountainhare Banned Banned

Plaz:
    Snitch.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Why is current events locked? The events are no longer current!

16. John99 Banned Banned

I am not trying to be provocative but i am not sure that breaking TOS is against the law, not only that but if you had a Wiki that is editable by anyone that could mean that she did not perceive her editing to be vandalism.

But it's your site and you are the BOSS.

..i would have been pissed too.

Just playing devils advocate.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  17. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

he is the admin here.
    feel fortunate that im not.

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

What law is she breaking? Can't she post whatever she wants online, hell it's only text anyways :shrug: So what can happen to her if she broke this law you speak of? Maybe they'll force her to go out with me :C~

19. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Oh yea, what if it's a work computer or library one, can they still trace ya?

What if it's a free ISP?

ehhh?

20. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It's not that difficult to trace a persons connection should it be necessary.

You have to remember that where ever you post information on the internet, you only own the intellectual property rights and as soon as you post it outside of your own computers harddrive you place it somewhere that has it's own rules, regulations and laws.

For instance the UK tried to make a law that Website owners keep at least 6 months of IP connection logs for their website. This also meant Mail programs and other services that were run. The idea being that should it ever be necessary to do a full Forensic trace the logs could be submitted.

The space on a website is "finite" it is up to the operators of such sites to decide how that finite space is utilised and whether backups are made. There is nothing to say they have to archive against the loss of data, or of course archive data they don't want upon their server.

On top of that a website and it's operation has the right to protect itself against Vandalism and Hate groups. In TOR's case she had vandalized the wiki, numerous threads and she was taking her anti-sciforums lobbying onto other websites. Something would eventually give, unfortunately TOR being TOR wasn't the one to stop.