the universe is a sphear

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Dec 17, 2005.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

yes...all realy interesting questions. but how does asking al that deeply afect you me? get me?...IFyou ask/PRESUME from a materilistic assumption>
    ie>< why aren@t you QUESTIONING THE QUESTIONER ??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

what is unique? what's your favourite sientific dis-cover-y

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Because the questioner doesn't have all the data it needs to answer these questions.
    You may and will claim that it has.
    But most of our discoveries are based on technology already designed and facts we have found out.
    No one in the recorded history has even imagined that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate
    and only since we have had the technical ability to detect that that knowledge appeared, and not from thin air, but by using science.
    Archetypes of the human unconsciousness.
    Here really is the case of questioning the questioner.
    Also the expansion of the universe at an accelerating rate. Something totally unexpected, surprising and fascinating.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What!? The universe is a SPEAR!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bugeye:

Yaba Daba!

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

but we hve to find a COMMON GROUND

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

No, we don't, I think science is doing fairly good without your contribution, duendy.

10. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I think it all depends on how you look at the universe. I agree with your definitions on conciousness Avatar, however its still made of matter because energy and its dimensions are configurations of matter. I think the universe is like mathematics; in the sense that you can look at mathematics as units of expressions or expressions of units. Keeping in mind that expressions are emotions, and that everything has its own unique range, my guess is that the latter viewpoint is a utilitarian momentary factor while the former is the true nature of the universe-emotions to humans, energy to physics. All this true if atoms are made of energy levels and its indeed true that all matter is made of 90% empty space according to modern physics.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes! Science is answering all our questions. 98% of the universe is made of dark matter and dark energy. We have absolutely no idea what this stuff is.

...errr...
    Somehow I think my logic wasn't correct here...
    Maybe science could help me?

:bugeye:

12. genep Guest

Yes. All the formulas and numbers of science prove that, just to start with, half of the universe is missing, the anti-matter half.
    And then the formulas go on to prove that at least 9/10's of the remaining half of the universe is also missing (this dark matter) that then leaves only about 1/20th of the universe to be real, somehow.

Physics give us one impossibility on top of limitless others: UNLESS -- it is all just thoughts, the mind.
    THEN and ONLY THEN – far beyond our wildest dreams: everything falls into perfect place.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

Maybe he meant his Universe has gone PEAR shaped?

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Would you prefer all your questions answered, but all the answers to be false.
    Or do you prefer some of your questions answered, but with a lot higher chance of being not false?

If you prefer one, press religion,
    if you choose two, press science.
    Connecting...

A lot of people prefer to be given a little book where all the questions are answered, they do not care if the answers are correct or not, are made out of thin air and wishful thinking or not.

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

but you miss a vital point monseur a'vataaar....science as you knows it misses the VITA question out of their equations.......CONSCIOUSNESS. and the polar bears are drowning

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I miss nothing, consciousness is researched inter alia by neurology, psychoanalysis, psychology

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

....whih as said is struggling with the 'Hard Problem' of subjective consciousness

all ironically amusing but also deadly serious to, for planet, other species, and us. for it was with the energence. The irony is that with te beginnings of Galilean acience it was agreed between church and science that the latter would leave 'spiritual' concerns out of te scientific agenda. then scientists even dispense with the church's misunderstanding of 'spirit'....and voila we are right

H E R E

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I LOVE senseless conversations between science and religion.........

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

the are not 'senseless conversations'. the 'hard problem' isn't 'religion'. it is a grappling with the question of 'what IS consciousness?'!

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

That question has been generally answered, even if you imagine it's not. See the discussion about consciousness at the philosophy section of this forum.

21. duendy Registered Senior Member

summarize it here

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Why should I? Read your own thread. There is no need to repeat here what has already been said there.

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

cause you dont know hey avatar...??????