The United States Navy, Best Military Service in History!!

Discussion in 'History' started by joepistole, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

OCS grad rogering up on this one. But, this is just true for OCS. Once a Marine 2LT is done that, there's a major fork in the road. The Marine needs to go through The Basic School. Squids don't do that. Then, there's a bunch of other additional training that may be pertinent to your career path, like jump school, SERE, etc. It is a wholly different pipeline than what naval officers go through.

And if you were a FMF corpsman, you were more of a Marine than a sailor. Give yourself some credit.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Harnu Semper Fidelis Registered Senior Member

No kidding, Corpsman are great. They're as much of a riot as Marines are in our off time and during work and deployment they do a damn good job.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Army Navy Game coming up again!!!!

8. tim840 Registered Senior Member

A couple of days ago in my art class the teacher brought in a Navy recruiter to talk to us. He was pretty cool... while he didnt convince me to join the Navy, he did convince me that if I were to join the armed services, the Navy would be the branch.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Whats a Navy recuiter doing in an art class?

10. tim840 Registered Senior Member

There's always a ton of military recruiters at my school. Army, Navy, every branch... And my teacher loves the Navy. She has several Navy posters on her wall. So she asked him to come in and talk to the class about the Navy.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do they get permission from parents to do this?

12. tim840 Registered Senior Member

:shrug: I dont know. I dont see why they should... its not like they're conscripting kids, just talking to them about it. Many kids are interested in joining the military already, and they can get help and info from the recruiters.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do they have any other recruiters coming in? From anything not related to the armed forces?

14. tim840 Registered Senior Member

like what?

15. superstring01 Moderator

Yes. My high school had college recruiters, Peace Corps recruiters, etcetera. The military came more often, but we saw a lot of "other" recruiters.

~String

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Janissary Corps was the best.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

A wee bit to late for the Janissaries me thinks.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Your teacher is a smart lass!!!!

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

What the hell, what age are the students they come to see?
    do they talk honestly about the risks involved?

the only time i have ever seen a defence force recuiter is at the careers expo and they were just one among many. they do tend to put the occasional display around uni but as far as actually trying to recurit out of highschools they dont do that.

of course it could be true that our millatry doesnt actually want more cannon fodder, they seem to need more of the high skilled jobs because most people can get more in the private sector or even in other goverment departments like the emergency services and the other departments

20. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He said in history so ...:shrug:

21. superstring01 Moderator

They also ass-fucked their recruits too. So, if you are into pederasty, then I guess it's for you. Nobody did it like the Spartans though.

~String

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, string. I don't believe that. Do you have proof....pictures perhaps?:shy:

23. superstring01 Moderator

Which part? The Janissaries were originally slave boys, raised in captivity and subjected to harsh, inhumane treatment in order to bind them together and to their masters. They were not free citizens (at first), and because they held no fiefal loyalty to local tribal leaders (who usually supplied troops for combat), they could settle local disputes without prejudice. They were also, at the beginning, denied wives. Outside of the occasional pillage, how else do you think they got off? Also, the modern martialistic marching band comes from the Janissaries. You don't get more gay than that.

And, do I need to even substantiate the claims that Spartans were ass rapers? It was actually institutionalized as part of their training. Once they reached puberty, they were assigned to the Agoge, and were duly plucked by their superiors.

~String