The Ultimate Assimilation! Startrek Borg Vs Stargate Replicators

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by w1z4rd, Jan 30, 2007.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Are the replicators powerful enough to defeat the borg?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

...that is up to the nonexisting episode's producer to decide. Otherwise, no.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

The ancient replicators surely have the power?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

ever seen the tactical movement O'Neil made against replicators? illogical movements make replicators halt their superiority

8. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

What about the ones the Atlantis team meet? They were way more advanced.

9. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

The ancient replicators are evolved to Atlantian equals in technology. They built their own "Atlantis", and the ancient replicators have as many Zero Point Modules as they need.

I doubt an eternity of bashing by wraith ships could take down the shields of this fly city ship.

Could the Borg shields stand out against swarming drones?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_Weapon

10. orcot Valued Senior Member

Wel the replicators can move in between galaxies so basicley the borg could never perform a offensive strike unless their willing to hybernate a couple of 100 years in a cube.

So replicators win by default

11. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Er...That's very one way orcot. Simply because the Borg won't go to the Replicators doesn't mean they lose by default. The Replicators can go to them.

Be that as it may...who wins depends on who invades another ship first on a battlefield.

With regards to assimilation technologies, the Borg win with the efficiency of theirs. Especially considering the Borg assimilation process doesn't necessarily leave a ship defenseless. Which means the nanites could take control of navigation and engines and run like hell with the Replicator tech, and take them apart for the Collective at their leisure.

The reverse may simply result in the rest of the Borg fleet having time to stand at a distance and destroy the infected, 'momentarily' paralyzed, 'half-eaten' Cube.

12. orcot Valued Senior Member

Hmm the asurans as I remember don't seem to have that much electronics in their ships, it's all aquariums and cristals in stead of good old fashion electronics.

The invading parts seems rather simple asurans do not need life support borgs do. Haven't I've seen some of those nanites outside space ships?

How can you win if you only have a defense force. The best you can do is not loose.

13. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

The Borg do not require life support, the only require regeneration (see Star Trek: First Contact...where the Borg soldiers are standing in vacuum on the Enterprise deflector dish, without the aid of breathing apparatus).

Easily...if the Replicators appear in force at the Borg homeworld,and the Borg assimilate the lot of them...don't the Borg win that war? The Borg only "appear" defensive from the perspective of (according to you) non-traversable distance.

14. asdfasdfasdf Registered Member

can the replicators beat the borg?

yes of course. the replicators have assimilated some of the asguard techlology as well as several galaxies. if a replicator ship gets destroyed then the blocks will just spray down to the planet or ship and they stay there. they can also comvert entire planets. also the replicators bugs are immune to energy weapons so the borg will have a hard time killing em. like i said they have them in several galaxies. can the knowledge of a quadrant stand up to several galaxies?

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

The Borg have transwarp drive. According to New Frontier, it can be used to travel to different galaxies. Also, The borg have the queen, and she is one vicious bitch, whilst the Asurans are just assholes.

It's also been revealed through the books that all the nanoprobes are infused with their own conciousness, the fragmented remnants of an ancient race known as the Caliear (See: Star Trek, Destiny), hence, even when you kill their queen, they will consume you.
    Also, Borg ships could morph themselves and squash the replicators. Like a bug. Teeheeheee..

16. thedude Registered Member

Something Like This...

For one the Borg could traverse galaxies, it is hinted at in Voyager that they have visited other galaxies, they can also travel to other universes, as noted by their encounters with Species 8472. The Borg would be in for a fight, I would say the ship to ship combat would eventually become a stale mate as they would eventually be eachother's technological equal. The Borg would slowly get a hold of replicator technology, as the replicators slowly got a hold of Borg technology. Hell they'd infect each other's collective consciousness so badly they would be the same thing after enough time. Of course both maybe immune to eachother's tactics of stealing technology, then they'd just have to duke it out. In this case I give the Borg a slight advantage because I'd say their weapons and shields are more well suited for carving ships up, and if they were gonna loose they'd just open up a rift into fluidic space and lure a few 8472 out into our space. Then it's bye bye replicators.

17. superstring01 Moderator

Agreed.

I like the Borg more, but the Replicators have the edge.

~String

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

of course the replicators could win, look at what they are MADE of. The borg HAVE nanites in there body subverting the normal bodly funtions. The replicators on the other hand ARE nanites. How would the borg subvert the body funtions when there IS no body funtions, just a pile of nanites? The same goes for the ships and everything else.