The truth can be adjusted?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by draqon, Mar 15, 2008.

?

The truth can be adjusted?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. The truth is not mine to define

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

I am sorry. I really doubt this. I also doubt that they connect any problems they have with their blind spots. But the main thing is, some people get away with shit. Some crosses weigh a couple grams.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I agree.
    My father used to instruct me to be the sort of person you describe above. He wanted to be like that, too. So far, neither of us made it. It seems this is not something that could be arrived at with deliberate practice. It seems one has to be like that from early childhood on.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

You could take comfort in the ancient Greek saying, "Those who the gods would destroy, they first make proud".

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Well, it fits the Greeks...but I have some fondness for them - pre-Roman conquest and copyright infringement.

8. chuuush Registered Senior Member

The truth can NOT be adjusted, but the truth can be dealt with and bended.

It is not even necessary to discuss this. Look at the world around you and you'll understand the correctness of this view. Simplest example? Iraq has WMD; Saddam Hussein has ties with Al Qaeda... and now, Iran has ties with Al Qaeda.... The truth: America has ties with Al Qaeda!!

9. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

If you think you will be struck by a car, that is an opinion. If you think you will not be struck by a car, that is an opinion. Are you starting to grasp this concept yet?