The Truth About America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TruthSeeker, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Myles Registered Senior Member

I was born and educated in the Irish Republic, so I know better than to open a can of worms. Can I just say that outsiders do not seem to be aware of what went on in the six counties ( Northern Ireland, Ulster, has nine counties). The show was run by Protestants who discriminated against Catholics, e.,g.,

Only property ownwers had votes in local elections. This meant the wealthy could have up to ten votes each. Guess who had the wealth.

The bulk of the Catholics were unemployed.

They were discrimated against when it came to allocating houses. A Catholic family could be found living in a slum whereas a Protestant bachelor could be allocated a house.

Civil rights for Catholics were virtually non-existent.

When Paisley and Co. shouted about a return to the rule of law, people on the mainland took it to mean the law as they understood it. Not so. What Paisley wanted was a return the the Protestant Ascendancy, as it was known.

Like the dispute between the Israelis and the Palestinians, it's down to how one perceives the situation rather than one of absolute right and wrong.

As an atheist I have nothing to say about the religious disputes between the two parties but it is a fact that what Paisley calls Ulster and what we called the six counties was the result of annexation.

Talking about terrorism, it is not widely known that the six counties had their own terrorists an initio. The were armed bully boys known as the B Specials who went out of their way to harass Catholics. They were eventually disbanded.

I do not wish to enter into a debate on this because it will most likely end up like SAM's and Spock's ongoing tit for tat. The IRA was respectable when it was fighting the British. When the British witdrew and aided and abetted the Protestant community to hold on to six of Ulster's nine counties, opposition from republicans continued and the whole thing degenerated into the mess we know all too well.

Why six counties ? They were chosen on the basis that the Protestants would outnumber the Catholics. Moreover, electoral boundaries were gerrymandered, despite criticism from the British Boundaries Commision on a number of occasions.

The views I have expressed above are seen through the eyes of a Southerner. I have not knowingly said anything I know to be misleading. It can rightly be said that funding terrorism is wrong. The problem is that it is not so easy to decide the difference betwen a terrorist and someone who sees himself as fighting for freedom.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

The U.S government surely didnt support the IRA or people funding the IRA.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Myles Registered Senior Member

Not that I know of

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You just figured this out?
    I started numerous threads Amerierrorismica.
    This is exactly what happens when people actually seek the truth like truthseeker.
    Next thing you get attacked by people who claim to know what is going on, yet have neer actually put any effort into finding out what is really going on.

Most people do not know how many towers went down at the world trade. Everybody thinks it was 2.
    Most people claim that a plane hit the Pentagon, and that the other plane crashed in Virginia. Sorry, but there has never been anything to support these absurd claims.
    Most people are unaware that the Federal Reserve is a private bank just like Bank of America and Washington Mutual. The only difference is the the Federal Reserve Act gave them control over the USA. Furthermore, unlike other banks, their board meetings are not publicized. Nor are they required to disclose the names of the Fed's shareholders.
    Not to mention it is illegal to earn gold. Americans were all required to submit their gold to the government for the market value by law. Ever since then, Americans could not own gold unless it is for jewelry or some sort of decoration. Guess who's ownership all of this gold fell into over the years? The Federal Reserve.

Unlike Truthseeker, I'm glad I'm an American. Fuck being anything else. America is a terror on the earth, and it has caused unecessarily hardships upon the lives of the people of earth. I intend to take this country down from the inside.

We live in a culture of deterioration. We deteriorate our environment, our bodies, our minds, and everything around us. We deteriorate the self. All of our actions support this culture of deterioration. Stratification is increasing, and the plutocracy is not using as much physical force as they are influence.

Americans have religious faith in this bullshit crappytalist system because they are ignorant idiots. Because they are morons, they have faith in the Federal Reserve which is the cause of all economic problems. For the powers, it is all about control. The more control they have over the population, the more satisfied they are. Just like they convinced the dumbass population to turn in all their gold, they will convince the dumbass population to insert tracking nanochips into their bodies for their own health, happiness, and protection.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No. I have talked about it many times too...

9. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

How and why did mcguinnnes get a visa when he was a known terrorist...?
    I would hope that your government did not support it yet it still took 9/11 for them to speak out about it...your previous post about insight, sorry dude terrorism is terrorism I don't excuse one "AS I may look silly because we moan so much yet have given millions to terrorism"....denial of this is futile
    It took 9/11 for action
    http://www.nuzhound.com/articles/Sunday_Times/IRA_robbery12-2-01.htm
    http://www.ulsterflash.iofm.net/calendar.htm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1333145.stm

And ' one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter ' translates to me as its only terrorism if it is against the US....the other 'giving money to kill innocent women and children' is ok as we have been told they are freedom fighters......:soapbox:

Funny way to treat your allies.....I Wonder how mnay soldiers Ireland has given you for you silly war games.....which is boiling down to a racist mess

10. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Perhaps it is freedom fighter when you support the terrotists
    and just terrorism when you don't......Killing women and children to me is cowardly in any shape or form....doesn't matter the cause

11. Japanese_American Registered Senior Member

The problem is, you're looking at the conspiracy theories but are not looking at the Truthseekers: Both Democrats and Republicans who are seeing the truth and are going out and making a difference. And according to your profile, you live where camels dwell, so I'm assuming it's either Norther Africa or Asia. But unlike Africa or Asia, women here are not required by religious edict to wear scarves over their head or burkahs because Allah or the religious police says so. But you and your country has the right to express your thoughts as you please, but the women here can stand over a freeway overpass, carry a sign protesting the leadership of our and your government without the fear of punishment.

Again, I have no issue with your comments, as I am a liberal progressive, but before you critique our laziness, check with your homeland and see if any of your people are protesting the oppression of your people by our people? We protest it, do you? And as a truthseeker, are you willing to stand up to your leaders who kowtow to the Bush Crime Family and are willing to overthrow your leadership to have a free country or will you just bicker and criticize us without doing anything?

When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.

Remember this poem courtesy of Pastor Martin Niemölle

12. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

And the Art Bell contingent weighs in with another brilliant conspiratorial tome.

This thread is cesspool material at this point.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You are way off, pal. I'm from Brasil, and I live in Canada.

Last time I checked.... Nope.

As I said, I'm brasilian. I just care abou people, that's why I speak out. I'm even developing a non-profit organization for world peace...

14. kmguru Staff Member

Hope you have some heavy funding source....

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes - my own corporations.

16. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

So, which specific tax forms do you file to claim your corporations' heavy funding of world peace?