The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

“We’re getting in here to be the check and balance that it appears Congress is unwilling to be,” he said. “We’re bringing suit because the president has not taken adequate steps to separate himself from his business interests.”

Interesting development...shall wait and see if the judge allows it to proceed...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Because you have democracy. This is the characterization of democracy - those elected are those incapable of acting honestly, because if you act honestly, you cannot win elections.
    Why the public ignores these lies? The public has no choice. Ok, many people who have recognized this do not participate in elections. But this does not change anything. Those who continue to participate in elections are or stupid (not recognizing the lies on all sides) or have a particular own interest satisfied by one of these liars. In above cases, they are not dangerous too. Stupid people are dangerous only if in large numbers controlled by radicals, self-interested voters care only about a single promise, if it is fulfilled the liar can lie about everything else. Self-interested voters of the losers are not powerful enough, they are anyway only a minority.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

He has zero interest in separating himself from his business. Every weekend on the taxpayer's dime he goes to a Trump resort or property. Invited or not. He and his family are virtually making deal right in full view as they know the Republican Congress will do nothing. And too bad he can't fire the attorney generals of DC and MD as he most certainly would if he could.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

One of my favorite quotes from a video game↱: "A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders."

He's got a point, but it's always fascinating to watch the strongmen appeal to precisely that outcome while aiming even lower.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

This is so twisted... IMO

The only reason your case would have merit is because the electorate is prepared to allow lies and unsupportable promises to gain traction in their beliefs and hopes.
    If the lies and false promise/false hope was not acceptable then perhaps honesty may have more value.

people love their snake oil until they get bitten...

reminds me of:
    Hope:
    "Better to die believing your not than to die believing that you are" ~anon

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

God! CNN just aired a portion of Trump's cabinet meeting. It was sickening. I've never seen anything like it. It was the most unctuous display I have ever seen. Every cabinet member thanked Trump for this and that. It was all about The Donald. It was sickening.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

They have to... if you don't heap praise on "the Don" then you get fired, after all (or so he thinks is how it works).

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It was like that. They went around the table and each one kissed "the Don's" ring and showered him with praises. I've never seen anything like it, except in the movies. It was sickening.

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ther just reaffirmin ther pledge of loyalty

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(not that Trump woud ever ask for such a thang)

... LOL.!!!

I know ther just Republicans

but hell... how do any of 'em

even look at therself in a mirror

joepistole likes this.
  14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Indeed, Trump needs that affirmation. I wonder if he has a magic mirror in his quarters. This is Schumer's take on Trump's cabinet meeting today:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/schumer-mocks-trump-cabinet-meeting

Trump's cabinet meeting this morning:
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-meeting/index.html

It does sound a lot like worship. Just replace "Mr. President" with Jesus or God, and you'd swear you were in a church. Keep in mind, this isn't Trump's first cabinet meeting. I wonder if they begin all cabinet meetings by lavishing obsequious praise on Trump. It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Thank you Mr. President...thank you God.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    cluelusshusbund likes this.
  15. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

It's a keeper....

And Chuck Schumer's parody

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

#DimensionTrump | #OhComeOn

I ... I ... I don't actually know where to begin.

A friend of President Trump said Monday that Trump is considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the FBI investigation into potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

“I think he’s considering perhaps terminating the special counsel,” Chris Ruddy told PBS’ Judy Woodruff on “PBS NewsHour.”

“I think he’s weighing that option.”

(Carter↱)

Somewhere between, "There is no way," and, "Oh, please, Mr. President, can I please witness that?" is some manner of point, or at least feeble joke, to make, but ... I mean ... how can that be a real lede?

Notes:

Carter, Brandon. "Trump friend says president considering firing Mueller". The Hill. 12 June 2017. TheHill.com. 12 June 2017. http://bit.ly/2rp7Ogh

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

OK now you are getting there... finally...
    How did he win the unwinnable election?
    How does he manage to stay in power?
    Why do people forgive his every transgression?
    Perhaps he is a God of sorts? ( or at least believes it to be the case)

More importantly, perhaps others believe he is God....( and that's the tough bit)

"Since when did the Presidential body guard wear white lab coats and pink disposable plastic gloves...."

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It's been reported that Trump is considering firing the special prosecutor, and White House staff are in a state of hysteria as a result.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Seriously, he can do what ever he wants to do and will still retain the office.. The evidence of his paranormal influence is and has been easy to see...

How much evidence do you need?

The reason why he is still in office is because many people CAN see the evidence that supports his so called Godhood... just ask wellwisher. or any one of his loony support base...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump will be in office as long as Republicans want him to be in office.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

There is no rational reason why any Republican of sound mind would "want" trump to stay in office. He is political suicide.

So it begs the question: Why do they want him to stay in office?

No legislation passed, continuous scandal, threats of impeachment, corruption, nepotism, blatant dishonesty, obviously unfit for POTUS and the list goes on....

douwd20 likes this.
  22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.