The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I have been thinking - dangerous pastime these days, right?

If the moron-in-chief created the "Obama wiretapped my phones" after reading some used toilet paper on the internet and reacted as he did - not hesitating to accuse his predecessor of felonious conduct, implicating and impugning the CIA / FBI (and now the Brits)...

What would happen if Breitbart or some other alternative fact website conjures up a story about China attacking Guam last night? Say they do a scenario piece and the Orangetang misses the "what if" part... Based on experience, he's not gonna bother to pick up a phone and call the Secretary of Defense or the CJCS or anything - no, he's going to get that psychopathic feeling that "History has called upon the Donald - I must do my duty." How long does it take, exactly, to open the "football" and punch in the codes?

We're all gonna' be dead by Tuesday - with that, I'm going to pour a nice stiff drink and head off to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It will be mildly more complex, or else a little simpler, than that. As directly as possible, Brett Baier will accuse Iran of having a nuclear weapon, and you and I can start drinking our way↱ through the countdown to disaster.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Pink Floyd - my most attended concert, 19 times (I think).

Sadly, we are not reminiscing a "blast from the past", ducking and covering in our elementary schoolrooms, nor are we fantasizing "snowflakes" - this is real, in a way no TV show could ever be - "This species has amused itself to death." What to do...

And the Germans killed the Jews
    And the Jews killed the Arabs
    And Arabs killed the hostages
    And that is the news
    And is it any wonder
    That the monkey's confused

Tiassa likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You just can't make this shit up! Yesterday, Trump's spokesperson again changed Trump's story. So now, the most current version of events, Obama ordered the UK to spy on and tap Trump's phones. Trump's spokesman read a prepared statement charging the Obama used the UK to spy on Trump.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/donald-trump-press-secretary-sensationally-10042597

Is there anyone out there who still believes Trump isn't insane? Trump appears to be getting this shit from right wing fake news sources. Trump's assertion appears to have begun with a right wing conspiracy nut, Mark Levin. Levin's conspiracy theory was picked up by another right wing writer while he was washing his dishes. So he in turn wrote an article about it, and published it on Breitbart, another alt right wing fake news source. Trump read it, and unquestioningly believed it.

Then Fox News, another alt right wing news source, reported Obama requested the UK spy on Trump, and the UK complied. That's why US Justice officials cannot verify Trump's assertions. Trumper saw the Fox News program and believed it, just as he believed the Brietbart article.

The Trumper appears to be getting his intelligence not from US intelligence agencies but from alt right fake news sources, and we should all find that deeply disturbing. What happens when these alt right news sources print something like Kim Jong-un poked fun at the Trumper? Will Trump unleash the dogs of war based on another alt right fake news story? We should all be deeply concerned.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The focus on Trump's "sanity" misses the point - a fascistic seizure of power cannot be accomplished by sane and reasonable means or tactics. It's accomplished via engendering chaos and "polarization" and confusion, not sound argument or sensible policy initiatives. All the successful leaders of fascist takeovers have been - in the view of the reasonable intellectual types - mentally whack in some way. That's how they roll.

9. Oystein Registered Senior Member

A CNN headline says it all:

"Trump's relationship with the truth is becoming a national embarrassment."

joepistole likes this.
  10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nothing that Kim doesn't deserve.

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Trumps budget takes food from those in need to build up the military... all he needs now is an excuse for war.!!!
    Ever day sinse he became "president"... out of courisity it crosses my mind before i check the mornin news to wonder if hes launched atomic missiles at sombody... but i dont worry to much about thangs which are beyond my control.!!!

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Very true. The problem being that Americans don't deserve the hell that will rain down on us under the fifty-five year old "Friendship Treaty." More specifically, only 62,979,879 Americans deserve that hell.

13. Oystein Registered Senior Member

joepistole likes this.
  14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump has famously boasted he could commit murder in full public view and he wouldn't lose a single supporter. The scary truth is, he's probably right. That's one of the few things he has been spot on about.

15. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Barack Obama loved reading books. Trump doesn't read books (his own admission) but really likes cartoons and Fox News.

(He must be related to Sarah Palin -- she doesn't even read magazines.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

joepistole likes this.
  16. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

But, but, but - it's not his fault - he's too busy you see:

“Well, you know, I love to read,” Trump replied. “Actually, I’m looking at a book, I’m reading a book, I’m trying to get started. Every time I do about a half a page, I get a phone call that there’s some emergency, this or that. But we’re going to see the home of Andrew Jackson today in Tennessee, and I’m reading a book on Andrew Jackson.”

Trump continued, saying, “I love to read. I don’t get to read very much, Tucker, because I’m working very hard on lots of different things, including getting costs down. The costs of our country are out of control.”

It’s been awhile since he has read a lot, apparently. In his famous makeup interview with Megyn Kelly in May, he offered the same excuse.

“I just — I don’t have the time,” he told her. “You know, when was the last time I watched a baseball game? I’m watching you all the time, okay?”

Not that it was just watching her that was keeping him from his reading, he said; he was also watching Bill O’Reilly, Greta van Susteren and Sean Hannity.

“I don’t have the time,” he reiterated. “I would love to sit down and read a book, but I just don’t have the time anymore.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...es-what-he-recommends/?utm_term=.a5017f80eb21

He's "working very hard on lots of different things"...

Obama, on the other hand....

Last Friday, seven days before his departure from the White House, Mr. Obama sat down in the Oval Office and talked about the indispensable role that books have played during his presidency and throughout his life — from his peripatetic and sometimes lonely boyhood, when “these worlds that were portable” provided companionship, to his youth when they helped him to figure out who he was, what he thought and what was important.

During his eight years in the White House — in a noisy era of information overload, extreme partisanship and knee-jerk reactions — books were a sustaining source of ideas and inspiration, and gave him a renewed appreciation for the complexities and ambiguities of the human condition.

“At a time when events move so quickly and so much information is transmitted,” he said, reading gave him the ability to occasionally “slow down and get perspective” and “the ability to get in somebody else’s shoes.” These two things, he added, “have been invaluable to me. Whether they’ve made me a better president I can’t say. But what I can say is that they have allowed me to sort of maintain my balance during the course of eight years, because this is a place that comes at you hard and fast and doesn’t let up.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/books/obamas-secret-to-surviving-the-white-house-years-books.html

Class, what can we learn from comparing and contrasting these interviews? As if there is any comparison...

joepistole and cluelusshusbund like this.
  17. Oystein Registered Senior Member

There's no comparison between Obama and his family (pure class and elegance) and the Trump, a lying conniving shyster.

joepistole likes this.
  18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The thing with Trump is that the longer he stays in office the better Obama and the Democrats look.
    History may very well show that Trump is/was the best thing that could happen for the democrats.
    (As the voter moves inevitably towards a "never vote republican again" position)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Poe's law as it applies in Trumpster's "real life":

The White House included a satirical column in its list of news stories meant to promote Trump agenda — apparently ignoring the fact that the column actually savages Trump's new budget.

Friday’s edition of the “1600 Daily” highlighted a Washington Post article by humorist Alexandra Petri with a deceptively positive title: “Trump’s budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why.”

But Petri's column is actually a brutal attack on Trump's proposed budget, with cuts domestic programs and the State Department while boosting the defense budget.

“Some people are complaining that the budget proffered by the Trump administration, despite its wonderful, macho-sounding name, is too vague and makes all sorts of cuts to needed programs in favor of increasing military spending by leaps and bounds,” she wrote Thursday. "These people are wimps.”
    “America has been soft and weak for too long,” Petri added. "BUT HOW WILL I SURVIVE ON THIS BUDGET? you may be wondering. I AM A HUMAN CHILD, NOT A COSTLY FIGHTER JET. You may not survive, but that is because you are SOFT and WEAK, something this budget is designed to eliminate.”

Petri next pokes fun at various funding cuts actually suggested in Trump’s first federal budget blueprint, which was released Thursday.

“Affordable housing is a luxury and we are going to get rid of it,” she said. "Donald TrumpDonald TrumpTom Ford: Trump's win made me want to move back to US 'even more' Justices on 9th Circuit feuding over travel ban ruling: report Underdog candidates try to stand out in high-profile GA special election MORE does not live in affordable housing and neither should you.”

“AMERICA WILL BE STRONGER THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN! Anyone who survives will be a gun covered in the fur of a rare mammal, capable of fighting disease with a single muscular flex.”
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/324489-white-house-cites-satire-column-to-tout-budget

And so on... Apparently the Orange one's talent for hiring top notch people does not extend to the ability to detect satire fake news. As my cousin Vinny might say - "There's a fuckin' surprise"...

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I had one of those the other day, with Sean Spicer and stacks of paper↱:

Pointing to stacks of paper: “People who have concerns about this, especially on the right, look at the size. This [tall stack] is the Democrats’; this [short stack] is us. There is, you can’t get any clearer, in terms of this [tall stack] is government; this [short stack] is not.”

I'm pretty certain that counts as a Kinsley gaffe.

21. wellwisher Banned Banned

Trump is at least presenting a budget, which Obama never did. Obama would let the old the budget lapse, and then blame the Republicans for threatening to shut down the government, until the Republican helped increase the national debt. Then he would play golf or have a concert at the White HOUSE.

The cuts that Trump is making is from the Democratic party slush fund. For example, PBS has more people on staff, per program hour, than any private sector media outlet. The CEO makes $600,000 per year. It is supposed to be nonprofit, yet it is acts like it is a bureaucratic country club. The profits from Sesame Street alone have generated over a hundred million dollars. At the same time, PBS uses the tax payer money, from both parties, to slant itself liberal. The right should not have to pay PBS if they always side Democrat. There are plenty of rich Democrats who could donate to this liberal institition.

Most of the cuts are from the Democrats party money laundering slush funds. The way it works is the tax payer gets a heart felt sales pitch for a public service. Some of the money goes to the service, while some is diverted to jobs and resources for liberal operatives, who are activists for the liberal agenda.

Planned parenthood is part of that slush fund scheme. Abortion benefits the Democrats most. Trump offered Planned Parenthood their full funding if they stopped using tax payer money for abortion. Abortion could still be done as a charity, thereby getting rid of the slush fund. But the Democrats want that slush fund in play, therefore the propaganda machine will only say Trump is trying to hurt women. The fact is Trump is offering to help women, with full funding, while also helping the unborn, but he has to be done without the slush fund.

The EPA is also has a slush fund for the Democrat agenda. Unions work the same way. They donate heavily to Democratic Candidates who will work to increase union wages and benefits, who then kick back tax dollars to only Democrats candidates. If you do that math, the Democrats buy vote with tax payer money. This can also be done with charity or direct pay by the Democrats. We can't keep raising the debt to pay for the Democrats party slush funds, especially when most of the richest people slant left. The Republicans are not the richest any more. They are the part of the people who will get a tax break from the slush fund.

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

do you ever get tired of lying? or are you just pathologically incapable of being honest?

23. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Bingo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.