The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

IC perhaps , but more importantly , his off the cuff , ill informed remarks . I would think anyway .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Brothers and sisters involved in a terrorist attack on a bowling green in Sweden...

yeah sure....'cause I don't have any sisters..... so there....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Fake news!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

missed this

what are you referring to ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

You have to keep up! The world is a rapidly changing place!

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Remind me is

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Launch the Bomb Nuclear Code

or

Lady GaGa's mobile phone number?

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

Nearly all the politicians in leadership, campaign, while they are in office. Most use tax payer resources to pay for their expenses under the guise of company business. The total contrary position of the left appeal to their donor class like a campaign rally. Trump does not cater to donors, allowing him to be more free. His positions appeal to the people who elected him. Trump is not leaching off the tax payer to suck up to the donor class. Rather he pays for his rally, through campaign finances, to inform his base.

For example, ex-president Obama did 393 fund raisers in six years. He was not doing this on this own time. The tax payers, both from the left and right, had to foot the bill for airfare and and for accommodation for his entourage, so he could raise money for other Democrats and himself. This was allowed and not protested by the Republicans, since most of them do the same thing. Both sides of the swamp appeal to donors, not to the masses, who get to pay the tab.

Trump is different is that he funds this pep rallies from his own campaign resources, instead of sticking it to the tax payer. He is not raising money from powerful donors, but raising awareness. He also chose to do this on Saturday, which is a day off, instead of during the work week.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Except, as is your custom, none of that is true. Trump does campaign fund raisers too.

Both Obama and Trump paid for their campaign expenses with campaign funds, not government funds.

As POTUS both Trump and his family are provided with government security. In one month the US government has spent 10 million dollars on Trump's security. At that rate, within 10 months the government will spend as much on Trump's security as it spent on Obama's security during the entirety of Obama's 8 years in office.

Unfortunately for you and your right we wing fellows not all of us live in a fact free world.

12. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Not a dime from tax payers.

Trump Has Wasted More Than $10 Million Taxpayer Dollars On 3 Straight Florida Vacations

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02...yer-dollars-3-straight-florida-vacations.html

No wonder Trump forgoed his 400k presidential salary.

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort Doubled Its Initiation Fee to $200,000

http://fortune.com/2017/01/25/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-fee/

13. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

I think the GOP must realise that if they initiate Trump's removal there will be a backlash from his supporters (all those wonderful folks who see no problem with the president colluding with the Russians, and using his office to make money for himself and his family), which I imagine they would rather avoid.

So then, it's up to the NSA and the rest, to uncover criminal activity that isn't just a conflict of interest, or a mere breach of the emoluments clause.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What an interesting post. Next time, try for something relevant.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

We don't know if Trump will forego is salary as POTUS. I suspect he will not. Trump says many things that aren't truthful. So I don't think we should believe him until he demonstrates it with his actions. Giving up his salary would be very unlike Trump. It's not like Trump to leave 19.2 million dollars in salary (i.e. his salary for this term) on the table. Trump has never been a philanthropist. At age 70, I don't expect he will start now.

16. Capracus Valued Senior Member

It’s a relatively minor PR expense; JFK did the same thing during his entire political career. This gesture buys him votes in the next election and increases the value of his all important marketing brand.

19.2 million dollars? The annual presidential salary is $400,ooo, that’s a $1.6 million payout per term. I’m sure Trump would like to have the political power of a Fidel Castro, but I doubt he’d manage to match Castro’s term in office, which would be necessary to collect a $19.2 million salary.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

joepistole likes this.
  19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That is very good. What is your president saying? Well, that's a question we will be asking ourselves for as long as Trump is our president. That's what you get when you watch Fox News, i.e. Fake News R Us.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump is having a great deal of difficulty getting good people to serve in his administration. He may soon lose his Secretary of the Army and Secretary of the Navy. A number of people refused to be his national security adviser. Trump's administration is shaping up to be a very shaky one.

22. Seattle Valued Senior Member

The silver lining in his administration are the more level headed, professional people (not his political advisers). The Secretary of State says that he doesn't have a problem with the press and that he doesn't see up taking Iraq's oil. Trump does have a problem with the press and did float the idea of taking Iraq's oil.

Pence tells NATO that we are with them even though Trump doesn't always send that message. At a certain point people will just ignore the Trump rhetoric once everyone is sure that is rhetoric and whatever should actually concern them.

He can't fire everyone. Eventually he will learn which outlandish statements no one will follow.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The problem is, he seems intent on firing anyone that disagrees with him...
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/19/politics/craig-deare-white-house-trump/

It's obvious... Trump doesn't want advisers. He wants lackeys and yes men...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.