The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And you - by settling there, choosing to live in that community - agreed to that.
    And children, families, jobs, economies, natural resources, industrial organizations, etc, do not exist.
    Tell that to the time clock. The drug test. The security guards. The background checks.
    Keep repeating that, and all of anthropology and game theory and democratic governance will go away.
    Because the extant social contract can be destroyed, reneged on, revoked, by the powerful. They can become "above the law", which often includes "above the custom, the society, the social contract". That's not good, from a libertarian's point of view.

And that's why fascist governance - such as Trump currently embodies as a Republican President - is normally opposed by those of libertarian bent. Chaos and destruction of reason favors coercion, removes the checks on power. Unchecked power does not favor liberty.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

USA internment camps for children ...
    they learnt how sneaky those mexicans were at hiding their children in WWII
    This time they have learnt their lesson.
    trick my once shame on jyou
    trick me twice minekhumph-a-choo
    is that a pearlharbour necklace around your neck made from dead children ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Click for something better.

Fantasy.

Don't get me wrong, to each his own.

But no, I think we're done wasting our time on your fantasies. The challenge of having any discussion with you is that there really isn't any discussion to be had compared to you just meandering through your fantasies; you keep changing your story from post to post.

You've gone from found a solution to what that solution will be if it is ever found, for instance, and isn't that just super?

It is one thing that, say, different literary and historical traditions might lead diverse people to competing opinions, outlooks, politics, &c.—

—but you really do need to take a moment to consider just how poorly you present yourself, here. The first thing is to note the temptation to say I simply don't believe you're that stupid, because the contrast would be that we're actually witnessing something slightly different. If we look at your line as the second in a discursive exchange, the counterpoint to a point and that is all, then we consider one set of functional problems. If, however, we view your line further downstream, such as a third, fourth, or fifth point in an exchange, then it seems somewhat non sequitur.

That is to say, sure, we get that you abide this dysfunctional, detached, thoughtless, self-centered gaslight definition of social contract, and that is what it is, but it's all just a two-bit distraction, because when we cut through it all we're right back to your lazy equivocation↑ and the glaring differences↑ 'twixt social contracts posturing government of and for people, to the one, and social contracts subjecting people to government. Iceaura and I, for all we might fight about particulars, do share common political aspects↑ fashioned in a society with a direct heritage and explicit foundation in social contract, though it is true I was thinking along a different vector. In this moment, though, what stands out is simply this: Your cynicism versus multiple societies that have survived multiple human lifetimes isn't much of a contest; that you must insist everyone else should abide your fantasies in order that you might pretend to have a point is functionally problematic.

Even still, we encounter a strange phenomenon of conscience, and, yes, it seems to coincide with bigotry, but its weird dimensions are symptomatic of your application. That is, I sometimes wonder at the bigots who resist the label; in this case, it's not even the anti-Americanism. Rather, the underlying antisocial attitudes saturate your presentation; we actually have some scrap of agreement:

One striking dimension of your presentation is that you really are distilling it for us; when I said the unbelievable argument seemed key, the bit I skipped over was a contrast:

• To the one: There it is. To the other: And?

Maybe I should have used it then, because you just did it again. Furthermore, in noting anime, I forgot sims.

No, really, try this for illustration: If everyone who played The Sims uploaded their worlds to a massive central server such that anthropologists could analyze the data, what would we see?

There it is.

And?

Your underlying argument is about empowerment, and this is one of those questions when antisociability becomes really, really important, because your underlying argument is also really, really selfish. It's the same thing we hear from Americans who focus on particular "economic justice" arguments seemingly custom-tailored to preclude real justice; for these it is not enough to claim their fair share from the bourgeoisie, but require also its authority to decide for others what constitutes a fair share. If it is, for instance, simply a matter of eating, then it is not enough for some to have a full belly, as they also require others must go hungry. Or, as you put it, to care about the freedoms important to you.

Meanwhile, antihistorical, antisocial empowerment fantasies are fine casual distractions, but they aren't much for logic or rhetoric, and probably have greater value in a context akin to Brown's post-Freudian psychoanalytic meaning of history than as any proposition of rational argument.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

... "i might not want be able to save you even if i could, but i will protect your right to die without anyone helping you"

... is this institutionalised cultural narcissism ? qwasi posturual anthropomorphism ? ... emotion running away from the coal face of factualism ? modulated self preservation of quasi-creativity seeking self actualisation in a neutral social simbiosis ?

oh-so american culture ! this is the very heart of the american [facist?]capitslist personality(i must always be bigger than you).

Tiassa, you are a joy to read

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  8. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

What is Kwasi? And, according to so many people, what American culture?

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

given the context it appears to be a phonetic bastardization of the prefix quasi, at least i hope it because thats the only thing that makes sense.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  10. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Have you ever heard of sarcasm, or irony?

11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Watt culture, said Albert Einstien to Nikola Tesla is that a Alexander Graham Bell i hear ringing ?
    it doesnt take a Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun to see US history hates immigrants

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you have no idea just how tempted i was to quote the mighty ducks.

sarcasm generally relies on tone or some sort of outward acknowledgement or cue that forums just don't allow for easy pick up on sarcasm by its very nature lacking such cues.

to note people took a modest proposal as a serious proposal.

13. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Funny, but what's that about Americans hating immigrants?

My family has roots in Europe, Africa and America. As I see it, everyone is an immigrant.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It's a political fact, that has bequeathed us our current President and much of our Congress.
    It's the brown and black ones actually hated, of course - the ones who are feared. And mostly the fear they engender does not transform to hatred - most people are more sensible. It's only a significant minority that actually support Trump's immigration policies.

15. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

You are truly a fool.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Regardless of such the fact is children are being forceably removed from their parents and are being imprisoned.
    You can claim all sorts of excuses but this does not alter the facts that the USA is doing what it is doing.
    It is your system of democracy that has created this mess.
    Sure it may mean that the Republican party takes a dive at the next election etc but in the mean time you have traumatized children and parents.
    To some in the USA they may seem like a political football but to the world it stinks at the deepest level and needs urgent bipartisan rectification. Time to step up USA!
    Surely there are other more humane ways to tackle this problem other than the draconian separation of families?
    USA withdraws from Human Rights Council
    Now it is in the news that the USA is withdrawing from the Human Rights council using bias against Israel as an excuse.
    The human rights violations against the asylum seekers are massive and can only lead to UN sanctions hence using the Israel bias as an excuse. The USA hypocrisy regarding the Human Rights council is staggering.
    src: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-20/us-pulls-out-of-united-nations-human-rights-council/9888906

The video of Nikki Haley explaining her announcement is amazing in it's hypocrisy and transparent in it's agenda to avoid criticism on the current issue of Asylum seeker abuse.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  17. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Regardless of the fact that it isn't a Trump decision, but one that the 9th Circuit court handed down.

Regardless of the fact that the UN is a crippled worthless body that is not controlled by the hated US.

Regardless of any facts whatsoever, you keep posting rabbit turds and present them as wisdom. Tease indeed, troll.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Bullshit.
    It's a Trump policy - straight from the executive branch of the US government.
    And Trump is a US Republican voter's decision, one they still support.
    So this is on them. This is US Republican voter responsibility, behavior, and character. They chose this, with their eyes wide open and plenty of warning.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I have a number of USA citizens as friends and relatives and they are besides themselves with shame at what is happening on the border with Mexico.

20. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i read a news item that said jeff sessions was the one who made the descision to remove children from their parents and put them in steralised psychopathic inturnment camps.

Guantanimo bay for children, judging by the pictures now coming out.

how they possible expect the children to come out and not turn into serial killers or terrorists shows a clear lack of basic psychology(or deliberate action) of those in power.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Perhaps he and others should be mindful that a significant percentage (40+%) of USA citizens are Hispanic. And that Hispanics are passionate about family..the consequences of this abusive and inhumane treatment of Hispanics may be leading to you know where.

22. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

were they removing the children from parents whom were using them as human sheilds or direct exploitative means, then i would agree to the innitial process.
    however, functional parents whom are not abusive... is a different matter.
    then placing them in internment camps that psychologically destroy the child is deliberate action.
    why are the children not being housed and schooled and given activity space and mental activity ?

it is no different to locking a wild animal up in a tiny cage and watching it go insane.

i expect a lot better and personally am quite shocked.
    additionally i feel lost for words for what familys of the holocaust must be thinking when they see their government doing this

Quantum Quack likes this.
  23. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Just two questions:

Why does the law apply only to citizens?

Are you taking medication that you might have missed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.