The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It's more than fascinating, it's downright scary.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Given what is known about Trump, I'm certain there is much amuck in Trump's business dealings, let alone his many Russian connections. In the past he has paid fines for money laundering. The only folks willing to put Trump's name on their hotels are pretty damn sleazy. Yeah, from what I have seen, from what is known, I don’t know how he avoids a Corrupt Foreign Practices indictment at the very least.

Despite having agreed to testify before Congress without restrictions Junior and Manafort have been dragging their feet to avoid testifying before Congress. It looks like they have come to an agreement to testify before Congress but in private only. They are wimps. In contrast to their public statements, they don’t want to give public testimony.

The irony here is rich. Given how much Cain Trump raised over Hillary’s servers, his servers are now the subject of a federal investigation. It’s time to see Trump’s emails, and Trump’s servers. I wonder if Putin has Trump's emails.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In the coming weeks and months, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we begin hearing more about Trump’s emails and servers. I doubt this will go over well with “The Donald”. It will be certainly interesting to watch, and this may give rise to a constitutional crisis.

On the good side, it appears Trump’s efforts to stall the Senate sanctions bill in the House have fallen to the wayside. It appears the House will pass a modified sanctions bill next week with a veto proof majority which will increase sanctions on Russia and give congress the power to veto any Trump attempt to remove existing sanctions on Russia. That’s more bad news for Trump, and his Russian masters are not pleased. It's a no confidence vote on Trump.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Sorry, but if you know that the US deep state tries to get you, you are stupid if you are not very worried.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The deep state is like Tarzan in the Tarzan movies - beating up on full grown gorillas and lions one minute, struggling to subdue some poacher the next.
    One minute it's all powerful and responsible for everything bad that happens, the next minute it can't stop a 70 year old unhealthy four times bankrupt reality TV show host with Russian mob connections from becoming President of the United States.

Tiassa likes this.
  8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I can't help but chuckle at this... lets face it Schmelzer, anything you dislike is going to be the "US Deep State" at this point... or "fake news", or any NUMBER of pathetic little excuses for the simple fact that the Trump Administration is currently only slightly less nauseating than a five alarm fire in an orphanage...

joepistole likes this.
  9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not directly Trump related but still a WTF moment:

http://www.newsweek.com/sean-spicer-stole-fridge-junior-white-house-staffers-640690

... wut? No, seriously, what the actual? How fucking petty can you be as to go and nab the mini-fridge from your subordinates... rather than going and buying your own one? *shakes head*

Ladies and Gentlemen - the White House...?

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, also this:
    http://www.politicususa.com/2017/07...obamacare-repeal-require-60-senate-votes.html
    So... pretty much, unless the GOP can swallow their (massively overinflated) ego and actually come to the table with Democrats... they stand exactly zero chance in enacting any sort of healthcare "reform" (and I use the term DAMN loosely) that will pass muster with their own party, score enough votes to pass, and pass the house (since currently, those three are mutually exclusive).

I think Sheldon Cooper says it best:

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Something amazing happened today. A crack has developed in Trump's base. For the first time ever right-wing entertainment which has steadfastly supported Trump is beginning to be critical of Trump. I listened a bit to Levin and Limbaugh this afternoon. They were both critical of Trump's attacks on Sessions. Where this ends...who knows? I was rather shocked today. The right-wing entertainment industry has been so supportive of Trump. If Trump loses the support of Republican entertainers he loses the presidency. It’s really that simple.

I don’t think Trump will cease the attacks on Sessions. I think his attacks on Sessions are a precursor to firing Sessions in an attempt to end the Mueller investigation. Trump is very threatened by the Mueller investigation, and rightfully so. As a result, I think we are heading full steam ahead into a constitutional crisis. If Mueller continues his investigations, based on what is known about Trump, I cannot see how it ends well for Trump. Trump’s Russian woes are just a part of Trump’s legal problems. As Trump looks at his problems, he really has nothing to lose. If he does nothing, he is screwed. If he does something, in his mind, he might be less screwed. I think he is screwed no matter what he does. The question is how much he screws everyone else on the way out.

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I believe Trump has demonstrated many a time that the loyalty that some show towards him is not reciprocated. Trump appears not to have any genuine sense of honor ( obvious eh!?)
    He has turned on many and will continue to do so. Just wait until Kushner or Banning are deemed a liability and see what happens.
    I also do not believe we have seen the end of the Spicer betrayal either...Trumps paranoia in full swing mainly demonstrated in his early morning , late night tweeting speaks volumes IMO.

He only needs to turn on (betray their loyalty) Fox news and most of his support base would immediately get the picture..

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Hopefully, they will learn. Republicans aren't the brightest bulbs on the shelf.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

• Sessions
    • Spicer
    • Congress ( generally)
    • Judiciary
    • etc.
    are all in the firing line of the typical vitriolic outburst characteristic of someone suffering severe paranoia.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump would throw his mother under the bus if it benefited him.

16. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The kind of politics Trump practices , i.e. fascism, needs enemies. That's why he invents them - enemies everywhere. Trump needs enemies. He needs to be the victim which is kind of funny because he also likes to depict himself as a demigod: the savior.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    douwd20 likes this.
  18. sculptor Valued Senior Member

1275 days
    30,600 hours
    1,836,000 minutes to go

How long do you intend to keep prolonging your suffering and grasping at straws?
    (nothing better to do?)

for some Europeans and ...?...

in our numbering system
    a . comes between numbers and fractions
    a , indicates thousands, etc

did one of us get it wrong?

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

????? Who is grasping at straws?

20. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Who responded?

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And you think your posts makes sense Comrade Sculptor?

22. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Yes, fellow traveler
    especially(?) to you

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL...The truth isn't grasping at straws comrade. It's just the truth. If that makes you feel uncomfortable, so be it.

Trump is very real, and the things he does are very real.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    douwd20 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.