The transmoggification of physics

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Oli, Jul 8, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well you don't have to grab a fish right out of the seagull's mouth....hmmm....I guess it would be just as bad stalking an alien who happens to be a cat. Might zap you to Scotty. No; scratch it, bad idea. I like having you around.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Thanks! And of course theres no way I'd mess with Elsie (if that is indeed her real cat name). Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

ahhhhhhh so you want to see a picture of my pussy?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

ToR you are unbelievable!

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

what? what did I say?

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

1) WTF is a raccoon? Okay I know. I have observed this phenomenon with cats. Because I had cats. Although we could expand the test programme to other animals, but MUCH later.
    2) It's irrelevant as to whether cats are or are not alien. The study is find out the phenomenon itself is real, and if so, what is its mechanism and abilities.
    3) Pyramids etc. is another line of questioning. The item under study is "transport". Otherwise we're going to end up including everything and learn nothing. And pyramid research re cats should be left alone. Otherwise the woo-woos will hijack the programme and start explaining how Sirius is really the cat star but the name was subverted by dogmatic (hence the name) opposition, etc.
    4) But the experiment is to find out how far away cats re-coalesce. Time/ space warp is one possible method. Since the only instruments would be CCTV then they either show up (coalescing) or the camera fails (not showing coalescing). Either way we'll have time and location data.
    5) Fudging TV data is hardly possible - either something is shown or the camera fails. If a cat is not shown appearing then then it hasn't appeared.
    6) My "vested interests" (cognac, chilli, books) etc. would only be served (as a serious scientist I resent the implications, but will let the personal slur pass without further comment) by not including data to extend the experimenation period. And since I have already intimated that this is intended to extend to my official retirement date then that is unlikely. But in the event of getting hard data and confirming my hypothesis very early do you honestly believe that I would forgo the (deserved) adulation of the world for continued free meals and accomodation? Even if they do a further sequel to Pirates of The Caribbean...
    7) The point is that cats and objects are NOT monitored. This is the crucial aspect of the programme. It is only the reappearance distance of the cat from the accident that is required. There will not be hours of tape since they will only require viewing AFTER the accident to determine the cat's re-entry into reality. CCTV ouput may be downloaded to the central PC (or two should you feel they are warranted) for immediate replay. As for technical supervision, I am a man and therefore capable of (warning: highly technical terminology coming up) changing a fuse. Re-use of tapes is not an issue since none will be used. CCTV video will be removed from the hard disk at set intervals if no accident occurs, since those records will not be needed. With regard to the comment:
    may I remind you of the vast gulf between theory and pure speculation. Your suggestion has little to neglible grounds for consideration.
    8) Cat breeds, numbers etc is not determined and, at the moment, largely irrelevant. A cat (i.e. any cat) will suffice. Hould the phenomenon prove to have anything worth further study then, as previously intimated, the scope could be expanded to include breed, numbers etc. Although I imagine that should we reach this point then the Japanese will start a massively-funded private programme to try and obtain publishable results before we do. Do not let this opportunity go abroad. Who knows what nefarious purposes someone with less integrity than myself would do with the results?
    9) As a male I should point that Guinness, cognac (in extreme moderation - current rate is over two years per bottle of Hennesey) and chilli IS a healthy diet. And regardless of nominal readings on a bathroom scale a man is always "in the ideal shape".
    10) I cannot accept your minimum study time frame on the strength of one single datum: cats are sneaky bastards. But if you insist, on your own head be it.
    11) Should this prove to be a genuine (and reproducible) phenomenon then I'm afraid that a maximum of three years is, to say the least, gratuitously short-sighted. This will be an entire new branch of physics, mathematics, pet care, etc. etc.
    12) Statistical tests to be used: if something breaks I look at where and when the cat appeared and at what time the cat appeared - cross-referenced to value of the article that was broken. If you wish extreme statistical processses to be used then I could jot it down in Exel rather than notepad.
    13) Benifits value. Your assesment is noted and agrees with mine.
    14) I will not be cat stalking - I'll merely look at the camera records if and when an event occurs. My actual contact with the cat will to make sure its food and water dishes are full, provide the ocassional lap for it sleep on and complain when it sleeps in my spot on the bed. Do you seriously believe that seal would would do any good against a cat? (navy or aqautic mammal). An intern is not required on the grounds that
    i) I'm a guy. If I bleed I can suck the wound and swear at the cat sufficiently well on my own. In the event of severe (2+) limb loss I do know how to use a sticking plaster and not pick at the scab while it's healing.
    ii) Any other participant will want to watch a different film from me or say he's already seen it and spoil the ending, or interrupt when I'm reading
    iii) Intern may be acceptable if
    iiia) in uniform
    iiib) female
    iiic) good-looking
    iiid) knows not to interrupt with "I wasn't really watching for the last hour and a half - just tell me exactly why he's killing all those people"

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

zzzzzzzzzzzz actually leo, Oli the thread host requested evidence I had a large pussy, this is my evidence.

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

talk about a complete lack of contribution to the thread question

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I just fell of my chair; I need to seriously recover before I can respond

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

lol

it is a large pussy though yes?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ya mine is much smaller, I'm afraid.

17. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i have to say you have a particularly cute pussy

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

lol and lol and lol

Sams pussy is smaller than mine!

But my pussy gets lots of attention cos as Devil noted it is very cuteeeeeeee

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How well does Devil know your pussy? He hasn't met mine yet, you know, so its not final yet.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Errr no. I wanted documentary evidence of the "impossible things" that your cat has done. I have no interest in your pussy, in and of itself as a pussy.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm even I thought you wanted to see her pussy. It was pretty ambiguous, you know

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Have you seen any actual evidence of transmoggification, Olie; like a cardboard box with transmoggifier scrawled across it or a sandy haired kid in the vicinity of your cats

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

it was ambiguous!

My pussy is very amazing I can assure you OLI! I've just had mirrors fitted to wardrobes so I can see it better when its on my bed!

let me think, my pussy likes to be licked................by other pussys,
    likes to rub up against stuff, smells a but fishy tho, depending you know...........on what it's eaten.

Devil has seen my pussy