The thread for people who have issues

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by CheskiChips, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Plazma: The Mod Issue

`
    Shouldn't all these Mods be decked out in ludicrous old '60s duds whilst their busy a-banning and interpreting post content and all like that there ?

I submit that it is the height of intellectual dishonesty for them not to do so.

Furthermore, I shall flounce petulantly from these environs for nigh-unto some indeterminate number of minutes unless this most pressing issue is addressed forthwith.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ok. Time to merge all the "issues" threads...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Emerging theme: It was only unexpected because I didn't think so poorly of you

How curious. Bury a member's serious inquiry among the several satire threads opened specifically to mock it. A good way to sweep an uncomfortable situation for the administration under the rug, I admit.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

I have to agree with Tiassa. While I don't agree with the two serious complaint threads, I don't think it was fair to sully them with my amusing ones. Shoulda' just closed or deleted mine if they were gettin' in the way.

~String

8. Gustav Banned Banned

james
    restore my thread please

Originally Posted by Moderator

Moderator note: This thread is a merge of about 9 threads titled "Plazma: The ... issue". For that reason, reading it may be confusing for some viewers.

so why do it? is confusion a good thing?

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Well, i've done my bit (deleted my own off topic posts).

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Ferocity and rimming

The second one. It was a ... uh ... rimshot.

• • •​

Either could suffice. This might be unprecedented in its scale and ferocity, but our backroom tensions have been bleeding out into public view for a while. There was another recent fracas about S.A.M., but the last one I remember to this scale and ferocity was Avatar's riot in October, 2008. Which is ironic, if you're me, since some were upset that I referred to a member as my least-favorite troll. Hell, some of the terminology in the backroom fight about S.A.M. makes that sort of disgruntled murmur seem downright prudish.

Personally, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm after in this fight. I'm not going to win any argument to overturn S.A.M.'s suspension, but that only shortens the list of goals. Some substantial resolution of James' lack of integrity in this issue, and some specific and fair boundaries and guidelines for enforcing this new and exacting standard are my primary goals. I would hope to compel Plazma into advising us at least somewhat about his reasons for explicitly supporting what I consider James' crippling dishonesty, but the boss is the boss is the boss, and there's really no point in trying to bludgeon an answer out of him. I can only hope to convince him that there is, in fact, a genuine problem occurring that we need to address.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Is it an issue if I don't have issues?

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I am all for problem solving and what isn't clear is what the actual problem is. A problem by definition is an obstacle preventing the achievement of a specific goal. So, let's see if we can get down to specifics. What is the goal and what is the obstacle? If those parts are made clear then finding a solution will become a lot easier.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Gustav:

Ok. Please give me the post numbers of the posts in the current thread that you wish me to split to a separate thread.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Um...I don't get it.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This and that

To be concise, the problems are:

• Vendetta by authority (general)
    • James' hypocrisy and dishonesty in pursuit of S.A.M. (specific)
    • Invoking a standard that we cannot possibly enforce fairly​

The goal, again to be concise, is simply to do our jobs fairly.

The obstacles appear to be:

• Administrative bias (in part)
    • Hypocritical bias (in general)​

Plazma is aware of the circumstances, and has chosen to explicitly endorse James R in this issue. Finding solutions is made more difficult by refusing to acknowledge that there is a problem.

• • •​

It is a satire of Gustav's complaint thread and the whole current mess surrounding James R's actions, and refers to the number of times String and I have beaten each other bloody, both in the back room and in public.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note:

At Gustav's request, I have split off a number of posts from the current thread into a separate thread titled "Plazma: The James Issue".

Further discussion can continue there. The current thread is mostly a joke thread anyway, and it appears some people can't tolerate jokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.