The Thing about UFOs...

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by EndLightEnd, Aug 21, 2008.

?

Origin of UFOs

1. Extraterrestrials

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Man-made

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Both

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. Neither

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

How many government stuudies have there been?
    Hundreds round the world...

It was something.
    But a one-off sighting (no instruments to actually record what happened (re: eye witness reliability).
    Speeds, angles, altitudes etc....
    How do you take it any further than that?
    They don't turn up to order and far too many people speculate beyond the observed facts.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

lol. Why would I trust a govt study when they are the ones hiding it? :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So you're assuming
    A) there actually IS something to it and
    B) there's a conspiracy (world-wide) to hide it?

:shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

You sure post a great deal in response to matters presented on a subject you know NOTHING about. Russia, France & Italy have all proclaimed on numerous public occasions, via official channels of communication that the UFO phenomenon is VERY real. They have done costly and extensive research on the matter. They have released countless formerly classified film footage documents that they have concluded years back proved the existence of UFOs as intelligently controlled craft. The former retired Defense Minister of Canada himself has made public the immense amount of research the Canadians have done as a result of all too convincing evidence that UFOs are VERY REAL. The pope himself along with the official stance of the Catholic Church recently proclaimed a reclassification that aliens could not any longer be classified as demonic. Friend, you are so shallow and predetermined as to the FACT that UFOs are real, it's a waste of time conversing with you. You're ignorance on the matter clearly qualifies the legitimacy of your position. You have none.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Not to mention, people with reputable jobs and experience witness these things, with usually their entire lifes-work on the line.

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Assumption number one....
    Over forty years actually smart arse.

Yup, and then showed nothing....

Yeah and the pope also says god exists...

The FACT is that there is something as yet unexplained. (And is given far too many explanations with no evidentiary back-up). Anything else is speculation.
    Um I'm predetermined that they're real?
    Or is your syntax as bad as your grammar and reasoning and you mean "not real"?

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Reputable jobs and experience we've already debunked as witnesses with the USN pilot at the air show...
    Life's work on the line?
    Oh yeah?
    How often do people lose their jobs for saying they've seen a UFO?

11. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

You're just a troll. You have said nothing of value so far and have refuted the fact that UFOs are very real on no credible level.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

Yes, i never had him down as a troll of evidence, until today.

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I don't have to refute the "fact" since the "fact" has not been shown to be factual.
    You have to demonstrate that there is something factual other than delusion, misperception etc etc.

Then you've never really read my posts.
    No evidence = waste of time.

14. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Another fact that debunkers and pseudo skeptics alike cannot refute is the tremendous amount independent and unbiased film and video footage analysis that's been done to date with respect to UFOs and the evidence that supports them. Just like the considerable body of NASA footage that independent experts with NOTHING to gain have validated as real and untampered with. Some of these UFOs are in excess of 1 mile across. All this footage is readily available via public channels. It's just too close minded for any individual claiming to possess legitimate scientific curiosity to write it off as BS. They are the BS and that's beyond obvious.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

It cannot be refuted, due to the impervious, and might i add, dogmatic nature of people like Oli, who do not weigh the evidence, and refute insideously people who are in respectable positions.

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You mean the unbiased footage that's misinterpreted constantly by the "no actual evidence but I believe anyway" woo woos?
    Oh THAT footage.
    And you're posting on a science forum?

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Weigh the evidence?
    There is NO evidence.
    I've had forty plus years looking at this stuff.
    Refute insidiously people in respectable positions?
    Oh wow, we's got a "more important job" than me, he must be right?
    Holding that position makes him automatically infallible and immune to questioning?

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

“ Originally Posted by EndLightEnd
    I just want people to acknowledge this as real phenomena which deserves more attention than our govt is giving it. ”

And you can't even see hor irrational your thinking is!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

With one one breath you say the government is not giving it the attention it needs, and with the next you say you wouldn't trust them anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Just what DO you want? A whole bunch of people like yourself to go zipping around the world to check out every little report of a sighting? And what do think that would accomplish???

19. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

All the film footage I have seen, and I've seen a lot, has been at best inconclusive while most has been pitiful.

Which film do you think is the most convincing?

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The gullible will rush to their town to see if they might view a UFO themselves, and spend money.

What are the chances the word "merchandising" didn't come up in conversation?

Two known hoaxsters recently perpetrated a bigfoot hoax. These guys were known hoaxters. Hellooooo! Yet, they managed to convince oodles of believers and made a nice wad of cash for their efforts.

Will they do something like that again? Will the gullible rush in with wallets wide open? Will they happily take the money?

Yup.

21. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN0Xn...eature=related

This is only one part of a much longer film....

This is an original NASA STS tape, before they realized what the tapes contained...

22. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

I was making two different points in two different posts, but whatever these still are not mutually exclusive. Despite the fact I wouldnt trust their findings does not mean I still would not like to see some action taken, or admittal of it at least.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

I don't normally ask if people are stupid, but are you?

No evidence?

Are you even following UFO's correctly?

Are you saying i am a liar, against also the several people who witnessed what i saw?

Is that not an evidence of sorts, not to mention the countless observations made?

Get a grip.