The Thing about UFOs...

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by EndLightEnd, Aug 21, 2008.

?

Origin of UFOs

1. Extraterrestrials

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Man-made

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Both

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. Neither

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. phlogistician Banned Banned

Dude, that must be why I come over all tranquil when I'm surfing, it's the saaaaaand, maaaaaaaan!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

F-16's are the best dogfighters in the world short of the f-22. They also have some of the best radar for a fighter plane. So why would you not want to to test said bomber against a good radar system. Also F-16's do not fly by everyday and a whole squad over a city with a "UFO" overhead is such an unlikely event. And since all supposed UFO's have never been seen on radar civilian or military the fighters would not have been out there unless they knew a UFO was coming which they did not. What they did know is that they were testing a stealth plane. If specifically they were testing a stealth fighter they would probably be using anti missile flares to test how well it gives away a stealthed aircraft. And those flares are made of different materials for different speeds resulting in some different colors. But the most common is red.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Fed,

"UFO's have never been seen on radar civilian or military"

This is not true. They found a ufo on radar in the last Stephenville event in 1-08. None of what you are suggesting makes any sense.

You are contradicting yourself on the incident, which appears to be very similar to what transpired in 1-08.

Research the Stephenville MUFON report, it makes leaps of craft capability that I am not willing to accept with some of the radar data, but in fact they have a UFO not saying ET on radar.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Electra,

"It's honestly pretty meaningless as to the "why?" "

I agree, I was just responding to Fed808's assertion that they are testing a new stealth bomber or other experimental craft. My question to him is why would they do this over a populated area with lights all over it.

"If you look at the UFO phenomenon, as of the last 20 years, you begin to observe familiarity, and more exactly, similarity in sighted events. This being in respect to UFO appearance and aerial behavior."

This is very true based on the witness accounts.

Check this picture out, you may have seen it. When you consider that at least TWO commercial pilots saw in a span of I believe 5 years, a massive craft the size of an airborne aircraft carrier, come within 1000 feet of their plan, then several smaller craft flew out of the larger one, flew around their plan a few times and then back into the large one and then it took off in a blink of an eye. All backed by ground and air radar, which were being communicated back and forth.

Then look at this from 6000 BC in africa. This one to me is amazing.

http://www.netscientia.com/images/Tass3.jpg

"I will also contend that it would be exemplary of somewhat paranoid cowardice of a fantastically derived proportion, to feel, or react, as though there is something within this phenomenon that demonstrates a "threat" to mankind.

Taken at a surface level glance, with respect to our known cutting edge military capabilities:

If anything, it would hypothetically suggest a level of technology that is beyond any such need to exert dominance as compared to what we have to retaliate with."

Well yes, my contention is they wouldn't fly experimental craft over populated areas and risk exposure unless they want us to know. So if it's not ours, who's is it ?

I agree about their intent, as I pointed out before Crawford is still there.

There is a myriad of possibilities of why, who and what with regards to the subject.

I don't think it is quite as simple as landing on the white house lawn. I in fact find many more reasons for not doing that.

But it seems if ET they or them are getting bolder in the approach or we are just getting better at capturing the event.

8. jpappl Valued Senior Member

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Ive heard of it. Yet quite frankly if a UFO has been caught on radar, and i watched the discovery channel program on it they said neither a US military base's nor the local airport's radars picked them up. Also you give examples of when they have been caught on radar. Quite frankly it sounds very hypocritical to me.

Also, if an alien ship has been spotted by all of ur radar stations than it is not difficult to see to extreme detail the exact shape, size and other info about it.

Also i have to say your story about two planes coming within like a 1000 feet of an alien is not true. That means that these two planes were flying 3000 feet apart. No two planes would not fly that close. Also the chances of these two same planes having the same heading, bearing, speed, similar altitudes, and same destination is also false because they just wouldn't. So that means that at the closest these planes came withing 3000 feet with one flying one way, the other flying another way. How is one UFO able to stalk two planes at once when both are heading in oposite directions at over 400 mph.

Also it's kinda funny how you say the UFO was the size of an aircraft carrier. How is it that 400 people on both planes within 1000 feet of the UFO, probably a good portion being tourists, and none of them have a camera, cell phone with camera, or video camera.

Also, the radar on a plane is tuned to work at a unit of miles. Not feet. Unless they had a ruler and some handy conversion tables nearby with calculators, i seriously doubt that they could accurately find the distance. And you really cannot accurately eyeball the aircraft.

10. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Cases of UFOs on radar are quite common. What jpappl is referring to is a case where multiple eye witnesses report a visual sighting of a UFO that is being simultaneously tracked by radar.

Please read the following http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/radarcases.htm

11. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Fed808,

"Ive heard of it. Yet quite frankly if a UFO has been caught on radar, and i watched the discovery channel program on it they said neither a US military base's nor the local airport's radars picked them up"

That is not true, or you were watching a program on a different case. This is the Stephenville MUFON report on the event in Texas 1-2008. It was captured on radar by the FAA and the FAA radar evidence of the UFO is in the report. Whether it was ET or something else is the question. But the radar data from the FAA was not enough to make leaps to an ET craft.

The military did not release any data at all. And declined the FOIA requests for the data from MUFON.

"Also, if an alien ship has been spotted by all of ur radar stations than it is not difficult to see to extreme detail the exact shape, size and other info about it."

Yes this would help, but they did not release the data so we will never know what they have or don't have. As has been discussed. There is a lot of risk in releasing the data as it may show our detection capabilities.

"Also i have to say your story about two planes coming within like a 1000 feet of an alien is not true."

No I said two commercial pilots within a 5 year period of time. Sorry I wasn't clearer but these were two seperate instances. One was a Japanese pilot the other American. They were not passenger jets, they were cargo jets. They were not flying at the same time. The incidents were several years apart.

"Also, the radar on a plane is tuned to work at a unit of miles. Not feet. Unless they had a ruler and some handy conversion tables nearby with calculators, i seriously doubt that they could accurately find the distance. And you really cannot accurately eyeball the aircraft."

I wouldn't disagree with this completely. But this is what the pilots claimed and yes they could be off to some degree. But a commercial pilot would be used to seeing aircraft off in the distance. These incidents were beyond anything they had ever experienced before, it is their words about the size, not mine.

They didn't need the radar to see the craft, they said they were looking right at it and described what happened.

Remember that in both cases, ground radar and ground personnel were privy to the event, they had the thing on radar as well and were communicating to the pilots. The pilots had air radar and visual.

The problem with all these is we don't have the craft on film and from different angles etc to prove what it was. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

12. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

jpappl
    What it *seems* to come down to is one of three possibilities when you examine the data from a "big picture" perspective.

1) There exists a completely secret air/space program that is tremendously ahead of where we are currently at with respect to standard (yet cutting edge) military technology. This organization would almost have to consist of a globally represented body of participants. I really doubt this but I cannot completely rule it out considering we successfully developed and successfully tested nuclear propulsion in the late 60s. Can you imagine where that technology is today?

2) These UFOs are primarily a visual representation of that which is operated by ET. There is far more information in the form of validated testimony and authenticated photo/film/digital info/etc. than there is for the above hypothesis. No question.

3) These UFOs (at least some) are a visual result of interdimensional navigation. It's very import to make the distinction that this could be of a human origin. It could also be of a species of being that inhabits a multi dimensional habitate that includes the one we are presently bound by. In this sense, these beings would be no more "ET" or "Space Aliens" than ourselves. They hypothetically would be much like ourselves navigating a submarine within the ocean.

13. jpappl Valued Senior Member

electra,

I agree that number 1 is unlikely because we are really testing the ability of large numbers of people from keeping secrets of what they have, they could have some amazing craft but I don't believe that we have what some have described. It is easier to create a stigma to those that claim to have witnessed a UFO as nuts, and cast the whole idea as nuts. As my prior linked showed, they were more serious about it until they realized they could ignore it since there was no immediate threat.

Number 2 is where I tend to go until we better understand the universe. But that in itself has major hurdles such as the great distances and the laws of physics, little things like that. Considering that if ET and they are 1000's of years more advanced and considering what we have accomplished in 100 years, it is the most plausible IMO.

Number 3 is something that is beyond what I could comprehend with what we know, doesn't mean it is any less likely than 2. Considering the hurdles to number 2.

All good points, some would say there is a 4 which is there isn't anything to it at all.

But then as you pointed out the long history of sightings, photo, video, radar corresponding to pilots visual can not be just tossed out without a real attempt to find out what the hell is going on.

And the fact that there are some 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe or more.

14. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Just a quick note to reflect the fact that I honestly did not get a chance to check out those links YET. I was at work when I was posting earlier and things were a bit crazy today. I will digest the information you have provided and feed back asap.

15. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

You do realize that on a 2 dimensional axis like on a road you can estimate your distance to something. But with the addition of another axis like that in the air it is quite literally, impossible, unreliable. Because that same object could be a 1000 foot ship at 1000 feet, a 100 foot ship at 500 feet, a 10000 foot ship at 5000 feet, etc. there are literally several million combinations of size vs. diminution (diminution meaning how an object becomes smaller further away). Also if it were a stealth aircraft why the hell would the air force give away data of their new aircraft?

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

i am not saying there are no ufo's, the chance of there being NO alien life out there is infinitely miniscule. I am argueing that what those people claimed to have seen is not an alien ship.

17. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Fed808,

"Also if it were a stealth aircraft why the hell would the air force give away data of their new aircraft?"

With all due respect to this question. This is what I am asking of you. Why, indeed why would they fly an experimental craft over a populated area ? That is a good question and it is what I have asked.

I agree that we should not give away such details of national security, I agree that we should not be able to review data that may indicate our capabilities of detection. If you can answer the question of why, then go ahead, otherwise we both agree on this and the question remains.

"i am not saying there are no ufo's, the chance of there being NO alien life out there is infinitely miniscule. I am argueing that what those people claimed to have seen is not an alien ship"

I wouldn't disagree with your premise. In fact I have argued it both ways here. As Electra pointed out there are several possibilites for the phenomenon and even there could be a combination that make up the phenomenon.

But this is the second time in the same area that we had this event, and this time the vid was better. What it was is an unknown, and we can't make the leap to an ET craft. I agree.

But the question as to why we would fly an experimental craft over these areas is related to what it might be. If it's not ours because we wouldn't do that. Than who or what is it.

18. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

We interupt this broadcast to bring you this important news report......... Later this week the special feature on space craft enviromental safty will air, Hosted by your Favorite Anchorman DwayneD.L.Rabon... Featured during the broadcast will be such materials as SiO4 and other famous elements and componds invovled in the enviromental safty for your traveling comfort.... Such stars as CALCIUM

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Calcium is just one of the well known materials that afford humans such great comfort while traveling space.

It looks like some of the new liners for UFOs have just rolled off fresh from the assembly line.

Untill next week this is your Anchorman DwayneD.L.Rabon bidding you luxury when traveling in your UFO.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  19. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Yeah well its part of the reason, particle size is important.

Very good sense you have young skywalker.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Two simple explanations come to mind:
    1. If the premise that the craft is experimental is correct then we can readily expect that on some flights difficulties will arise that effect performance and lead to routes that differ from plan.
    2. At some point testing the stealth capacity of a craft over a populated area would be a logical step.

21. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Ophiolite,

Long time no talk.

"Two simple explanations come to mind:
    1. If the premise that the craft is experimental is correct then we can readily expect that on some flights difficulties will arise that effect performance and lead to routes that differ from plan.
    2. At some point testing the stealth capacity of a craft over a populated area would be a logical step."

That is the only answer I could come up with in my mind other than either something we are unaware of "ET" or something much more benign, like flares etc.

Yes they may at some point decided to see if they could be invisible essentially. But we must admit if that was the attempt than they twice failed.

But it also may mean that they are challenging the limits, and therefore we see the same event play out in front of us.

Good points and you answered for Fed808, this is what I was asking as to the why.

22. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

We interupt this broadcast to bring you this special message...... join us later this week as we bring to you measures of safe materials for comfort during space travel in your space ship/ UFO.... Featuring such stars as SiO4, guest stars such as Calcium and Magnesium.

Take a look at this fine Role Of Magnesium ready to be put to use on your space craft for luxury and comfort while traveling space.

Hosted by your Anchorman DwayneD.L.Rabon later this week.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

23. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Just more useless junk from Rabonm the Junk Kid.:bugeye:

Magnesium is good - as long as it's protected, but silicon and calcium are far too heavy BESIDES offering no positive benefits at all !!