The Syrian "Revolution": A Farce from Beginning to End

Discussion in 'World Events' started by ExposingAmericanLies, Jun 18, 2013.

1. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I think there's been a lot of talk about the virtually nonexistent prospect of having US boots on the ground, and not nearly enough talk about what can and should be done to get boots off the ground- specifically Iranian National Guardsmen and Hezbollah's militia, and the foreign Al Nusra fighters on the rebel side. If the US is going to drop bombs, there are proposals that a good target would be the airbases Iran uses to send troops and supplies, but even without bombs I'd like to see some form of action to take them out of the fight.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Since Al Qaeda doesn't have an air force, I also don't see what the harm is in targeting Assad's air defenses. I imagine you can hit those with generally low collateral damage and thereby open the path to an even easier intervention or no-fly zone if need be in the future- thus stinging Assad and forcing him to think much more carefully about how he proceeds thereafter- without harming his capabilities against Sunni extremists.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

That would be a good start. And hopefully the Congressional decision will be "support the UN in their enforcement actions."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

lol

US is loosing Egypt with their Muslim Brotherhood going to hell, now they need Syria's oil. UN will not stop the need.

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

quinnsong, kind of an odd question but I have no problem answering it.
    No, I, dmoe, am not a"white supremacist"! And indeed, most everyone who actually knows me in the "real world" would marvel at that description for a host of reasons.

First and foremost, although I do have some Irish and Hungarian heritage, most people, even upon casually meeting/associating with me would not and do not consider me 100% "Caucasian".
    My best honest "racial/ethnic/genetic"?! composite would be : "Native American" 60% / "Hungarian - Eastern European" 25% / "Irish - Welsh - Scot" 15% - more or less a "Heinz 57" or "Mutt", if you are familiar with those terms.

Also, if you were to actually meet me and spend even a small amount of time interacting or conversing with me, it would not take you very long to realize that I am in not "Elitist", by any stretch of that word, in any way, shape or form.
    A lot of people refer to me as being "Buddhist-ty" or "Zen-ny" and "self-deprecating" seems to be bandied around quite a bit because of my sense of humor, although "weird" and "off the wall" are included in that.

Around the age of 16 or 17 years, I began reading my uncle's copy of a then recently published copy of a manuscript? or book?, authored? or written? by Bruce Lee, titled "Tao of Jeet Kune Do". For some odd reason the mans philosophy or life views just seemed to click in my "over-sized" skull (5' 8'' tall / thin to medium build / 145 - 150 pound / size 9 feet / 8 7/8 hat size!)!
    Having enjoyed, along with my brothers, sisters and cousins instruction and training in "Hapkido" by my uncle ( a Korean soldier that my Aunt met and married while serving as a Nurse in Korea in mid 1950's), Bruce Lee's take on the mental aspect of life, even more than physical aspects of the martial arts, just plain "awed" me. Been "hooked" ever since.

A few of my closer lady friends refer to me as a "Bob Newhart" type! Able to not "stand out" in a crowd, more or less ignored by women chasing the "talk, dark, handsome Adonis" type - and at the same time I do not possess a "threatening" demeanor to your average "Macho Manly Man, Lady Killer", either.

Of course, this being an "on-line forum", whether or not to accept my answer as truthful and factual - is left entirely up to you!
    All I can tell you is that if you were ask people I know personally, how I describe myself to them, most would reply - "Dumbest Man on Earth" and "Bald, Ugly, Short Hungarian" - although I am not sure of which they may state first.

quinnsong, in return for answering your question, may I,dmoe - in a form of Quid Pro Quo - humbly ask : do I honestly seem, to you, from my Posts to exhibit a "White Supremacist" aura and/or why did you ask?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's happening is that the oil is running out, which means that the Middle East is returning to it's natural state of being unable to support large numbers of people. War is often the consequence of resource depletion, as it was in Rwanda.

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I've been following this thread pretty closely and I don't understand how it's been construed (misconstrued) that dmoe is a bigot? I've read his comments, and I just don't know how or why that conclusion has been drawn.

11. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

I appreciate your very detailed response

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hell ,I almost feel I know you now.

Frankly, it was some of the sites you were posting and some of your responses to Captain Bork that had me questioning your associations.

12. p-brane Registered Senior Member

A popular strategy among bigots is to say apparently reasonable things in a collegial way, but refer people to sites that express their actual views and when called on it respond in vague and equivocal terms.

13. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

@ Spidergoat,

on a disturbing note, What is up with that new avatar. Damn !

14. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Give me a minute and I will direct you to the posts in question.

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

quinnsong, first off, thank you kindly for your timely response!

The Links I post, for the most part are to :
    a.) reflect on the "Farcical" nature of what is considered "good journalism" in this day and age!
    b.) present evidence that there are other people who have chosen to formulate an alternative way of processing the "limited" or "one-sided" or even possibly, mind you now, even possibly "fabricated" evidence and "Spin" propagated by the larger and more well funded "Mass Media".
    c.) let the Posters or readers of this Forum know, for a fact, that "disinformation agents" are a reality, and whether or not they are deliberately disseminating the "disinformation" or just "parroting" or "repeating what they heard and accepted", it is still "disinformation"!

Now, as to the links that I posted in response to CptBork's query on "Jewish controlling the Mass Media" - well those were for the most part...how should I say?...specially "Chosen"!
    Those links included "Jewish stars/celebrities/icons" openly stating or bragging/boasting of their control of "Hollywood/Mass Media" and of course the Link to the Youtube video by David Duke. Though CptBork claimed that I, dmoe, "obviously" had not watched it - indeed I had, and that was exactly why I posted it! I included the link to that video NOT because of WHO, but WHAT it contained!

I strongly suspect that CptBork did not watch it, or he would have seen that it was just a person presenting evidence of the "Chosen People's" control as published by actual Jewish people themselves.
    However, a person who was "prejudicial" or "closed minded" or for whatever reason, not open to the "message" and cannot see beyond the MESSENGER would somehow "expose" their "True Colors", so to say.
    I even included an "epilogue" of sorts to the links by Posting :
    ...they will probably not pass your "Smell Test"...but then again, selective vision has that effect when one chooses to employ it - and even give it such an ironically suitable name such as "Smell Test" !!!

If you did not peruse the links yourself, here is the link to the Youtube video that, pardon the expression, evidently helped "light the fuse on CptBork's tampon" ( I am sure you have heard worse being around American Military Personnel)! :

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVmiAR5nvJE

quinnsong, if you get the opportunity, possibly you could watch it and again, possibly, get back to me with your thoughts on the "message" contained in it, as opposed to the "messenger" - perhaps.

Oh, and by the way - I never actually "accused" CptBork of being a "Zionist Disinformation Agent" - I rarely use the word "zionist" (yet, twice in this Post?!!?) - only that to me, dmoe, he seemed to use techniques that "Disinformation Agents" employ!

Again, thank you for your timely response.

16. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I think he purposely makes the most disturbing avatars possible with possibly people he knows...

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I've got tons of them. I didn't make them (for the most part), I just reduce the file size so it works here.

18. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

I can remember my Grandmother saying the Jews ran Hollywood and the American media and also one of my dearest friends who is Jewish and a communist has said the same thing. DMOE, Jews like everyone else have political leanings which span right, left and middle, with extremists on both sides. Some Jews are Pro Palestinian and some would like to bomb them from the planet, my point is if a Jew's politics run the spectrum so will their viewpoints. If in fact they do run the media then you are getting just about every mainstream and non mainstream viewpoint anyway, so what is the harm? As long as the media allows David Dukes viewpoint (which repulses me mostly)to be heard as well as any other racist or anyone else then I ask you again where is the harm? Do you think there is an ultimate agenda if the Jews do own the media in America?

Truthfully, I do not read from sites that are known hatemongers or conspiracists, even if they happen upon the truth sometime their credibility is shot in my book. BTW, Jews have played very important roles in my life and they are just like me, except they are not Irish. There is a thread called Jews in the history thread if you are interested.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  19. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

p-brane, I am not at all sure what you mean by the use of the word "collegial" in the context of your statement!

col·le·gial adjective \kə-ˈlē-j(ē-)əl, especially for 2a also -ˈlē-gē-əl\

Definition of collegial : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collegial

1: collegiate
    2 a : marked by power or authority vested equally in each of a number of colleagues
    2 b : characterized by equal sharing of authority especially by Roman Catholic bishops
    3: marked by camaraderie among colleagues
    — col·le·gial·ly adverb
    Examples of COLLEGIAL
    <company luncheons that are designed to instill a collegial spirit among coworkers>
    First Known Use of COLLEGIAL 14th century

Also, I did not know that these "bigots", you speak of, shared a "popular strategy" among themselves, nor that saying "apparently reasonable things in a ("collegial") way, but refer people to sites that express their actual views and when called on it respond in vague and equivocal terms." was "a popular strategy among" these "bigots" that, again, you speak of.
    May I inquire, in the interest of clearing up what seems, to me, to be the use of "vague and equivocal terms" - how did you become privy to such knowledge, and what precisely are you trying to to state?

And, as far as these "vague and equivocal terms", of which you speak...
    If the actual reading of my Posts or Posted responses causes you to feel that I am being "vague and equivocal"...well I have no control of that.
    Furthermore, I am unable to help you, in any way with that, unless you ask me to clarify.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yeah, LOL, you obviously have no clue on the subject matter of which you opine. First, why would the US give a rat's ass with regard to the Muslim Brotherhood? In case you haven't noticed, and apparently you have not, the US has not been a great supporter of Muslim extremism and prefers secularism to theism. It's in the US Constitution.

Two, I suggest you look at US oil and energy production needs and consumption patterns. There is an oil and gas boom underway in the US. The US is producing more oil and consuming less oil. The US produces 10% of world oil production whereas Syria produces less than a half percent of global oil production. Face it Syria is a gnat when it comes to oil production. Syrian oil production isn’t significant. And the US gets most of its imported oil from neighboring states like Canada, Mexico and Venezuela. Egypt produces significantly more oil than Syria. Syria could disappear overnight and it really wouldn’t make much difference in the oil markets. So your notion that Syria is a significant oil producer and the US needs that oil is just not borne out by the facts.

21. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the amount of oil Syria produces is a drop in the bucket, about 350,000 barrels per day (pre-war). Canada's now producing nearly 10 times that amount. Fact is, thanks to new discoveries of shale oil and natural gas, the US has recently been moving much closer to self-sufficiency. If Obama were desperate for oil he would ignore the environmentalists at home and approve the Keystone pipeline from Canada, which would supply secure oil at a cheaper price in double the quantity pumped by all of Syria prior to the war.

22. CptBork Valued Senior Member

There, fixed it for you.

23. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Don't worry, David Duke says he's not a racist, he's merely a "racial realist". That lets DMOE off the hook, as long as he informs everyone that he's not a bigot before announcing that Jews control the media.